NYC hotel recommendations

When we go to NYC we stay at the Marriott Courtyard Manhattan Midtown East.
The rooms are huge by NY standards and it is usually less than other hotels in the area. We are a family of five and fit nicely in one room here. We usually get two queen beds and a sofa bed room. The reviews on Tripadvisor are great as well.

It is walking distance to Rockefeller Ctr. and Times Square and is right near a subway stop.

We have stayed at the Marriott Marquis in the past and it is in a great location but the rooms are TINY compared to the Courtyard. We do, however, like to go to the top and have a drink at their revolving lounge.

I have always wanted to stay at the Doubletree Guest Suites at Time Square, but I can never justify paying like $400 a night for a hotel room that we won't be in much.

The Courtyard is clean, comfy beds, nice quiet location and pretty reasonably priced by NYC standards.

Have an awesome trip!

I really liked The Bentley Hotel... it's on the Upper East Side, so a very safe area and quiet. You can walk to Central Park/5th Ave. and possibly Times Square, or take a quick cab ride. It overlooks the East River and the Queensboro Bridge.

We just stayed at The Bentley Hotel and really enjoyed the hotel. We were there because of the blizzard and my mom was having surgery and we needed to be in the city. As BrinkofSunshine said it was in a safe area. I felt fine walking around by myself. There were many restaurants on 1st. You can walk to Central Park and 5th Ave. shopping. The staff was very friendly and the beds and pillows were comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised by how big the room was. My only complaint was the walls were a little thin and the room next to us was noisy. I would definitely stay here again.

Hampton Inn Times Square North. It's just outside of Times Square. We walked from there to Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Times Square, theater district, restaurant row, etc. Join Hilton Honors, then search online for the code for the MVP rate. Only requirement is be a member of HH; I've used it dozens of times all over the country for decent discounts. This Hampton Inn also has a free "expanded" continental breakfast- any free hotel breakfast is hard to come by in Manhattan. No pool, and the view is of buildings- but it's right across the street from where "Wicked" plays, so there's a pretty cool big green witch to look at!

We stayed there three years ago for just about $200 a night with the AAA rate (didn't know about MVP at the time). Book EARLY for whatever hotel you are looking at; best prices go FAST. When I find a hotel/rate that I think is manageable (because I don't' think any NYC rate is "good"), I check the reservation cancellation policy first. If I can cancel the location, I'll book it to hold the decent rate while I keep looking. You just HAVE to remember to cancel within the appropriate time frame!

It can REALLY vary on the time you go--both in terms of season, and even just the day(s) of the week.

I took a trip to NYC on a Sunday night in mid December a few years ago with my son and stayed at the Residence Inn Times square. Our room had a view of the Empire State building. I can't remember what we paid, but I'm sure it was under $200/night. I think that is because it was a Sunday night.

Another time, about 2 years ago, I went again on a Sunday night in January and stayed at the Fairfield Inn Chelsea. Our room did not have a view of anything special, but there was a great view on the roof. I think we paid $89/night! That included breakfast. We arrived very early on Sunday morning (maybe 9 am?) and even allowed us to have breakfast then--so really two breakfasts! Again, I think the price was so low because it was a Sunday in January.

Dh and I went in July (mid week) in the summer of 2013 and got the Ritz Carlton Battery Park for $199/night! They even upgraded us at check in to a Statue of Liberty View! I think that was just luck.

I would just play around with different dates (if you can be flexible) and parts of Manhattan. If you are used to all the walking at Disney, I don't think there are many parts of Manhattan that will seem "too far" for you. ;) The subway system in NYC is fabulous, or you can take a cab if that is better for you.

We stayed at the Affinia on 7th Ave, right across from Penn Station/Madison Square Garden. We walked to Times Square, and actually walked through Central Park to the American Museum of Natural History. Not sure how much it cost though, as my mom treated us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter