NYC Port Arrival Question

trampslady

<font color=green>I stop and watch the Norway vide
Hello. Does anyone have experience with the accuracy of port arrival times in NYC? Specifically, do they literally make you wait outside if you arrive too early? It is not our intention, but we will be at the mercy of a taxi cab and traffic and want to gauge correctly.

Well, this is a sample size of one, so completely statistically irrelevant. That being said, the one time we sailed out of NYC, we arrive about 45 minutes early and walked right in and got in the (very, very, very :sad2:) long security line. We did not have to wait outside.

The situation at the terminal in Manhattan can be calm and user friendly or a textbook example of chaos. It all depends on whether another vessel has just arrived or whether your sailing is in between other arrivals and departures.

We had a PAT of 11:30 forvthe 10/6 cruise, showed up at about 11:10 and walked right in to very few lines. They checked us in and were given boarding group 7 cards. We were on the ship by about 12:15 I believe.

I think the problem would be if you arrive very early, before the lines start moving. Once they get started checking people in I think the lines would move all right.I don't know what your arrival time is but if you arrive between 11 and 12 it should be ok.

We boarded the Magic in NY last Saturday. We got to the port at 11:00 and walked in. There was a long security line as they were checking passports for another cruise line too. Once out of the customs and security you will walk to the far end of the terminal for DCL. I have cruised out of NYC several times with DCL and this was the most crowded I have seen it (there were 4 or 5 ships in port but not at the same terminal).

We debarked this morning at 8:00 am to a very short line. We were on the mid-level waiting for our son to pick us up at 8:30 and there was no one arriving yet.

MJ

We boarded the Magic in NY last Saturday. We got to the port at 11:00 and walked in. There was a long security line as they were checking passports for another cruise line too. Once out of the customs and security you will walk to the far end of the terminal for DCL. I have cruised out of NYC several times with DCL and this was the most crowded I have seen it (there were 4 or 5 ships in port but not at the same terminal).

We debarked this morning at 8:00 am to a very short line. We were on the mid-level waiting for our son to pick us up at 8:30 and there was no one arriving yet.

MJ
How was your cruise?

How was your cruise?

Wonderful!!!! We really had a good time. Our 2 year old granddaughter had a blast. I enjoyed seeing all the Marvel characters out and about and I have to say most of the guests had some sort of Marvel t-shirt on all week. We had Halloween costumes, pirate costumes and marvel stuff....plus the formal wear. Lots of themes this cruise.

MJ

Wonderful!!!! We really had a good time. Our 2 year old granddaughter had a blast. I enjoyed seeing all the Marvel characters out and about and I have to say most of the guests had some sort of Marvel t-shirt on all week. We had Halloween costumes, pirate costumes and marvel stuff....plus the formal wear. Lots of themes this cruise.

MJ
Excellent. Glad to hear.

We arrived at 10AM (buffer for drive up from VA). We waited in line for security to open (inside the terminal), then did the normal check in & wait for our group to be announced. The point is that we were inside the entire time. Enjoy your cruise!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter