NYE advice please

CERS

Mouseketeer
Okey, so I plan to be in MK for Dec 30th evening (I'll be at AK during the day) and watch the fireworks from inside, and the Jan 2nd for HEA. I just snagged a Dessert Party for Dec 30th midnight fireworks (which had been sold out forever since they opened in summer), but I also have an After-Fireworks Dessert for HEA Jan 2nd.

Which one should I keep? Should I do both? Is a Dessert Party needed for HEA on Jan 2nd crowds?

Thanks in advance you guys!

Okey, so I plan to be in MK for Dec 30th evening (I'll be at AK during the day) and watch the fireworks from inside, and the Jan 2nd for HEA. I just snagged a Dessert Party for Dec 30th midnight fireworks (which had been sold out forever since they opened in summer), but I also have an After-Fireworks Dessert for HEA Jan 2nd.

Which one should I keep? Should I do both? Is a Dessert Party needed for HEA on Jan 2nd crowds?

Thanks in advance you guys!

I'm not giving you direct advice as this is my first time doing that week, but knowing that I want you to let me know the exact day/time you plan on cancelling that Dec 30 dessert party cuz I use two more seats probably let's you know you should keep it! Took me forever to snag it also but could only get two! So coveted because I do know they do they exact same fireworks as they do NYE. See ya there!

I haven't been to MK on the 2nd, but I was there on the 30th last year. I was very glad to have the dessert party booked for the 30th. My husband doesn't even like desserts and was happy we had booked the party. People start saving their spots early and even fall asleep in their spots. It was very nice to have a designated space with lots of room. Also, the dessert party viewing spot is near the exit that they open up for large crowds. We were able to slip right out of the park afterwards.

We got a great spot on the hub grass before the 6:30 Fantasy in the Sky on 12/30 last year. I had wanted a dessert party for it, but decided against it, as Fantasy in the Sky is easier to see from all around than HEA.

This year we don't plan to be in a park for NYE fireworks (staying at Poly, will watch Fantasy from there), and elected to do the after HEA dessert party on 1/1 instead. I've seen HEA a few times but never up close, and I was tired of not having a good spot for it.

Be patient and be prepared for anything - that's my best advice for NYE.

Good luck!

I'm not giving you direct advice as this is my first time doing that week, but knowing that I want you to let me know the exact day/time you plan on cancelling that Dec 30 dessert party cuz I use two more seats probably let's you know you should keep it! Took me forever to snag it also but could only get two! So coveted because I do know they do they exact same fireworks as they do NYE. See ya there!

Thanks for the indirect advice! heh. I think I'll keep both, I'm going with a VERY no-like-crowds adult, but is going because... well, it's Fantasy in the Sky with 360° fireworks! I mean, c'mon! Heheh. But as one if FitS and the other is HEA, I'd rather keep the good mood both nights. :-) Keep checking for new openings though so you can fit in your full party, I honestly didn't think I was going to find any!

I haven't been to MK on the 2nd, but I was there on the 30th last year. I was very glad to have the dessert party booked for the 30th. My husband doesn't even like desserts and was happy we had booked the party. People start saving their spots early and even fall asleep in their spots. It was very nice to have a designated space with lots of room. Also, the dessert party viewing spot is near the exit that they open up for large crowds. We were able to slip right out of the park afterwards.

Thanks for sharing the experience, I think I'll definetly keep it.

We got a great spot on the hub grass before the 6:30 Fantasy in the Sky on 12/30 last year. I had wanted a dessert party for it, but decided against it, as Fantasy in the Sky is easier to see from all around than HEA.

This year we don't plan to be in a park for NYE fireworks (staying at Poly, will watch Fantasy from there), and elected to do the after HEA dessert party on 1/1 instead. I've seen HEA a few times but never up close, and I was tired of not having a good spot for it.

Be patient and be prepared for anything - that's my best advice for NYE.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. I'm seeing it from outside on NYE from the Contemporary, so the 30th I'd like to better see it from inside. Just as you said on a different thread I made, this way I get the full experience. One time we'll be surrounded by fireworks, and the other time we'll see them in front. Oh, and I haven't seen Fantasy in the Sky since I was a child, I went EVERY SUMMER from 1991 to 1998. Then I went on 2003 and saw Wishes as a new show, and finally I went on a very long WDW break until 2017 when I saw HEA. So yeah, Fantasy will probably bring back LOTS of memories for me!!

Keep December 30th as it is a 360° show best seen from inside the park. We saw the midnight fireworks on the 30th (last year) from MK while riding Big Thunder Mountain... Amazing experience. On NYE we had the midnight dessert party, would not attempt it any other way.

So it is true the full New Years Eve show happens on 12/30 too?

Yes, they show the full NYE fireworks on Dec 30th and Dec 31st at both shows each day. Including countdown and 360° degree fireworks. I've seen videos from both days and yes, they are the same.

Speaking of 360º fireworks, anyone know if the 6:30 MK show is 360º, or just the midnight ones? I thought I read somewhere that it was only the late show. Not sure my youngest will be able to stay up that late, but I really want to see them.

I've seen videos of the 6:30 show on the 31st 2017. It does have the countdown plus the 360° new years fireworks.

Speaking of 360º fireworks, anyone know if the 6:30 MK show is 360º, or just the midnight ones? I thought I read somewhere that it was only the late show. Not sure my youngest will be able to stay up that late, but I really want to see them.

I was there last year for 12/30 & 12/31 (stayed at Poly, so was there for all shows). The full 360 show was only at 11:50pm both nights. The 6:30 show both nights was just the 180 degree show.

And just to explain the difference for those that may not know... what makes the show "360" is when they use the launch point in the middle of the Seven Seas Lagoon (see yellow circle below). The fireworks they shoot there effectively simulcast/mirror the fireworks show from the traditional behind the MK location.

Aerial with Seven Seas Lagoon Launch Point.jpg

I was there last year for 12/30 & 12/31 (stayed at Poly, so was there for all shows). The full 360 show was only at 11:50pm both nights. The 6:30 show both nights was just the 180 degree show.

And just to explain the difference for those that may not know... what makes the show "360" is when they use the launch point in the middle of the Seven Seas Lagoon (see yellow circle below). The fireworks they shoot there effectively simulcast/mirror the fireworks show from the traditional behind the MK location.

View attachment 360999

Ah, thanks. The video I saw of the 6:30 show was from inside the park and the guy didn't really turn completely around. He did show both sides I just assumed it was all around.

So they use all launch points except for the "mirror" one which is the one that makes it full circle on the 6:30 show. Thanks very good to know!!

Thanks for the info. Is that why the dessert party I have booked on 12/31 at 5:00 just says Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing? Wish I had gotten the party for the later show.

Thanks for the info. Is that why the dessert party I have booked on 12/31 at 5:00 just says Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing? Wish I had gotten the party for the later show.

No, that’s the normal name of that version of the Dessert Party. It’s the same name as if you had booked the late one too.

Might want to keep an eye out for the late show... people cancel/change plans so you never know when/if spots may open up (although 12/31 late show is probably the most high-demand party).

I'm not sure how but my experience on 12/30 has never been as crowded as what I read on this board. We like to attend the midnight fireworks and have done so several times over the past few years. On 12/30/2017, we showed up a few minutes before and got a spot in the hub to watch. It doesn't have projections that I remember so there are more good spots than HEA, IMO.

HEA has always been crazy, in my experience. That's the show you have to wait and line up for. I think I'd use a dessert party for HEA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter