NYE Epcot exit strategy - off property

Crazy4mandms

Addicted to WDW and proud of it!
Looking for exit strategies for after NYE Epcot fireworks in getting to off-property condo (I know, I know - crazy - but that was my only option to afford the trip!). Would like opinions on some of the ideas I've seen here on the boards but have been recommended specifically for those staying on-property:

-Driving to and parking at EPCOT (from what I've read the least considerable option!)
-Catching condo's shuttle (staying at Westgate Villas) to/from main entrance to EPCOT
-walking through the Gateway to catch an Uber/Lyft
-walking from EPCOT through Gateway to HS where my car would be parked OR where I'd catch a Lyft/Uber OR to catch the condo's provided transportation

No kids, just two adults. Also, should we try to exit ASAP or wait an hour or so? Thank you!

Looking for exit strategies for after NYE Epcot fireworks in getting to off-property condo (I know, I know - crazy - but that was my only option to afford the trip!). Would like opinions on some of the ideas I've seen here on the boards but have been recommended specifically for those staying on-property:

-Driving to and parking at EPCOT (from what I've read the least considerable option!)
-Catching condo's shuttle (staying at Westgate Villas) to/from main entrance to EPCOT
-walking through the Gateway to catch an Uber/Lyft
-walking from EPCOT through Gateway to HS where my car would be parked OR where I'd catch a Lyft/Uber OR to catch the condo's provided transportation

No kids, just two adults. Also, should we try to exit ASAP or wait an hour or so? Thank you!
Regardless of which strategy you choose, definitely WAIT before leaving. This past NYE, I hung around World Showcase until about 12:25, then rode Spaceship Earth before I left (most attractions are open until 1am with little to no wait). I finally left the park at 12:45ish, and was back at Port Orleans (in my rental car) about 20 minutes later.

I'm thinking, even though I have a condo I could pop for one night at a Disney resort or Holiday Inn Disney Springs if it were a quicker way to exit to there. Trying to weigh options after reading about horror stories of getting off property!

I strongly advise that you DO NOT drive, the roads and traffic congestion during NYE on and around WDW property are extremely heavy and very hectic, not to mention, parking lots have a tendency of filling to capacity on this day at multiple parks.. Here is my recommendation:

- Use the condo's shuttle to get to Epcot in the morning (I would recommend being INSIDE the park by no later than 11am to guarantee admission)
- At the end of the night (Epcot is open until 1am on NYE) I would make every attempt possible to use your condo's shuttle as there will significant SURCHARGES for Uber/Lyft, if the shuttle does not run late enough or you have difficulty getting on then your plan B would be to bite the bullet and just order the Uber/Lyft with the expectation that you will have to pay a surcharge due to NYE..

I know these may not sound like the greatest options but IMHO these are the best possible options given the circumstances.

With the above said, you will have a BLAST!! Epcot at NYE is a truly memorably experience!! Get ready for lots of fun and dancing around the world!!

I'm thinking, even though I have a condo I could pop for one night at a Disney resort or Holiday Inn Disney Springs if it were a quicker way to exit to there. Trying to weigh options after reading about horror stories of getting off property!
Problem with that is the room rates are around $300 - $500 for Dec 31.

If I Uber I’ll wait in the park for a bit and then out IG?
I realized I have enough hotel points for a DS hotel but not sure that makes it any easier or worth using them.

I’m excited about NYE at Disney! I’m taking a first-timer and I want her first trip to be incredible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter