• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NYS vs Massachusetts sports rivalry thread. What do you enjoy most about our historic rivalries?

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
NYS vs Massachusetts sports rivalry thread. What do you enjoy most about our historic rivalries? Also say something nice about the other's state in general. :-)

One of my favorite moments:

@Buzz Rules so I gave you a boo and hiss (just having fun) when you commented in the Boston Day thread so I had to say something here.

I have been a die-hard Sox for decades and still hate Bucky Dent to this day. With that said, I enjoy the rivalry between the 2 beasts of the East, win or lose. However, I like to think of the 2004 playoff series often....

I appreciate the effort the Yankees fans put forth in singing Sweet Caroline (after the Boston bombings?) Nothing can compare being in Fenway singing along to that song. Probably the same in NY singing "New York, New York"

As I said earlier, just having fun is all.

I figure that @Buzz Rules is focusing on the NY City teams but there has been a rivalry between the Buffalo Bills and the Boston/New England Patriots for quite some time, mostly during the Coach B era at the Patriots. That may have changed now that Coach B is gone and the rivalry is now with the Dolphins.

I always have to remember that @Buzz Rules tends to forget that New York State extends far beyond Westchester, Dutchess, and Sullivan counties. 😀😈

I figure that @Buzz Rules is focusing on the NY City teams but there has been a rivalry between the Buffalo Bills and the Boston/New England Patriots for quite some time, mostly during the Coach B era at the Patriots. That may have changed now that Coach B is gone and the rivalry is now with the Dolphins.

I always have to remember that @Buzz Rules tends to forget that New York State extends far beyond Westchester, Dutchess, and Sullivan counties. 😀😈
I did say NYS teams. I meant all pro teams.

As a Pats fan, I've always hated the Jets and Dolphins more than the Bills when it comes to divisional rivals. I was rooting for the Bills against the Steelers this weekend, because I really hate the Steelers but the Bills are ok.

I’m one of those weird Red Sox fans who also likes the Yankees. My husband bought me tickets to see a game at Yankee Stadium one year but I had to work so we gave them away. 😬 I’d still like to go some time. (Saw a playoff game at Chase Stadium in Phoenix last October and it was a blast, too. So a new Diamondbacks fan now, as well!)

My son played in the NYCBL during college. We met people from all over the country and had a lot of fun exploring NY State. It could just be me, but I don’t see much difference between our two areas!

I’m one of those weird Red Sox fans who also likes the Yankees. My husband bought me tickets to see a game at Yankee Stadium one year but I had to work so we gave them away. 😬 I’d still like to go some time. (Saw a playoff game at Chase Stadium in Phoenix last October and it was a blast, too. So a new Diamondbacks fan now, as well!)

My son played in the NYCBL during college. We met people from all over the country and had a lot of fun exploring NY State. It could just be me, but I don’t see much difference between our two areas!
Well an example of a difference is the Hudson Valley and the Adirondacks. Both have lots to offer but some major differences as well. I'm glad you enjoyed visiting NYS. 😃

Right on @Buzz Rules!

This is all good stuff. I enjoy the banter back and forth between Sox/Yank fans (noticed how I had to put the Sox first 😁)
By the way, NYCFC and NE Revolution have a rivalry too. It's fairly new but in time I expect it to be as big as our rivalry with the NY Red Bulls. I do hope Boston does get that MLS stadium.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter