*o* August Check-In Thread *o*

Our first visit to DL . We're (Me Hubby adult daughter and her friend) driving cross country with many stops along the way.:drive: Ending up for my nephews wedding in Colorado. Then driving back to CT

We'll be in DL on August 18 till the 20th and are so excited!!:goodvibes

We're staying at the DLH:woohoo:

Booked our trip today.. August 7-10 at DLH. We are taking my dad for his birthday. He hasn't been in 6 years, so a lot has changed since then! I can't wait to see the return of PTN...that parade has my heart!

We'll be in the area from August 11-18, doing a "split stay" between the Disneyland area and Knott's to use our Knott's season passes. We're staying at the Del Sol from 8/13 to 8/16, still debating whether to do two days at Disney, one at Raging Waters or three at Disney. Our last experience at Raging Waters was not good, but it was a Sunday, so hoping a mid-week day will be better. My husband can't get time off work, so it will be just me and our two kids (7 and 9) unless we can entice grandparents along with us (I'm of two minds about this, I like the extra adult(s), but they cramp my high-speed touring style, especially now that the kids are more interested in thrill rides).

We will be going August 13-27th. Staying at the Embassy Suites. It will be me, my 2 boys (4 & 7) and my parents. We will be doing 3 days at Disney, 1 day at Legoland, 1 day at SeaWorld (we got the S. Cali City Pass) and 1 day at Universal. Possibly going to the San Diego Zoo and lots of beach days and exploring. We are super excited!!!

August 8-14th for us! Staying at the Best Western Plus Park Place. Myself, DH, my brother, my cousin and her daughter (age 14), and a family friend make up our group. We are spending 5 days at DL/DCA, and one day touring LA and Warner Bros. Looking forward to the new Pixar entertainment!

We'll be there August 20th to the 24th at Homewood. We were planning for WDW this year, but between their price increases and the ridiculous cost for airfare this year, we decided against it. So this year it's much shorter flight (using SW points) and a much more affordable hotel.

This will be out 1st trip to Disneyland. There's me, DH & 2 daughters 17 & 12. We're in the UK and have visited Disneyland Paris over 25 times in the last 10yrs, so have decided to see the "Original Disney" as my youngest calls it. We are there 23-26th August, having a few days in L.A. first. Super excited, but feel very out of our depth with the planning

August 16-20th for me, DH, and two DS's. We're staying at GCH for the first time (stayed at DLH last time). Loved DLH but DH has been dreaming of the lobby at GCH and my boys can't wait for the entrance to DCA. We're on the east coast but I grew up going to DL so this is my home park. No offense to WDW but my heart belongs to DL!!

FYI:
Annual CHOC Walk (fundraiser for Children's Hospital Orange County) is Sunday, August 26th. For anyone interested, join the Walk! https://www.chocwalk.org
HM will go down for the Halloween overlay (HMH) sometime during the third or fourth week of the month (usually on the 20-somethingth). When the official overlay dates are announced, you'll see it on this forum!
Disney tends to switch to the low season entertainment schedule by the last week of the month, so keep this in mind with planning.

Last edited:
Friendly little bump :goodvibes

There has to be of us crazy summer Disneylanders out there.... Wish there was more I could plan for the trip right now... . I am also starting to plan a trip to Disneyworld in December but I am kinda of at a stand still for that right now too, waiting for my 180 days out for reservations...

There has to be of us crazy summer Disneylanders out there.... Wish there was more I could plan for the trip right now... . I am also starting to plan a trip to Disneyworld in December but I am kinda of at a stand still for that right now too, waiting for my 180 days out for reservations...
I know the feeling! Not so patiently waiting for August. :snail:

A couple more of my sisters joined in the trip so I had to rebook with DLH. We went from a premium view room to a 1 bedroom suite to fit everyone. Hopefully we still get some good views as I think we get balconies now? I have no experience with the suites. Anyone have any comments on them?

We switched our dates from October to August. We are driving from Colorado. Starting in San Diego from the 9th-11th, we will go to Sea world and Legoland. We will then drive to Anaheim to stay at HOJO the 11th-17th. First day will be Universal, then a partial break day, just going to DL in the evening for a BB fantasmic dinner package, and then spend 3 full days at the parks. It will be me, my Mom, my brother, and my two youngest kids. (We took my older 2 to Universal Orlando, Legoland, and Animal kingdom last year) super excited, but a little nervous about the heat. It has been a long time since I went in the summer. I am hoping to do afternoon breaks, and enjoy the cooler mornings and evenings.

We will be there from Aug 4 to Aug 9. We are taking our sons and their wives to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary (they have just gotten married in the last two years.) We told them we would pay for the 40th and they can pay for the 50th.

We are staying at the Best Western Mini Suites

Hi! DH and dd (age 8) are staying at pph aug 25 to sept 1 and have 5 day park hoppers. We are spending a couple of days in la to go to the griffin observatory. I still have to book flights and la hotel. This is our second dl trip. We went last December and poor dd got sick from swimming in the pool when it was cold. We are hoping late August will not be such a temperature change and dd can actually enjoy herself. Oh and it will also be our 11th wedding anniversary!

We will be there August 6th-August 10th, doing 3 day Park-hoppers

We always stay at the Best Western Park Place but also have reservations at the Candy Cane Inn this time. Not sure I’m ready to make a change and wondering if I’ll regret being so absolutely close as we usually are at the BWPPI.

Anyways...we can’t wait!

We will be there August 6th-August 10th, doing 3 day Park-hoppers

We always stay at the Best Western Park Place but also have reservations at the Candy Cane Inn this time. Not sure I’m ready to make a change and wondering if I’ll regret being so absolutely close as we usually are at the BWPPI.

Anyways...we can’t wait!

I am a creature of habit, We always say we will try somewhere new then I end up booking the same places haha

We are heading down for our first ever Disneyland trip Aug 26 - Sept 1. Staying DVC at GCH. Cant believe we don't need all the advance planning that WDW does. But still finding out what is needed.

We are heading down for our first ever Disneyland trip Aug 26 - Sept 1. Staying DVC at GCH. Cant believe we don't need all the advance planning that WDW does. But still finding out what is needed.

I know, it is so much different than planning for WDW... If you want to do any Parade or show meal packages I would try to book those at your 60 days out. Don't panic if they don't show up right on your 60 days out because sometimes they don't release them right on time. Drives me insane when I am trying to plan :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter