Obsessively Watching DVC Broker Sites

TinkAgainU

Trust In The Pixie Dust
Sooooo I cannot be the only one doing this. Maybe someone needs to offer a support group, or setup a business to watch "for" someone else so some of us can try to escape this madness... I'm not even sure I should be buying the contract(s) I'm watching for ;) Addonitis and Disney FOMO should be a medical diagnosis LOL

I'm right there with you - it's allowing me to ignore my other decision of buying direct RIV (which was the plan) in my June UY or holding out for POLY (which was never the plan). UGH. The broker sites are a welcome - although expensive - distraction. 🤣 🤣

Sooooo I cannot be the only one doing this. Maybe someone needs to offer a support group, or setup a business to watch "for" someone else so some of us can try to escape this madness... I'm not even sure I should be buying the contract(s) I'm watching for ;) Addonitis and Disney FOMO should be a medical diagnosis LOL
Every day, and for no apparent reason :)
Lord knows what I'm going to do when something I like shows up.

I do have the extreme discipline to only look in my own use year, so there's that.

This is how I landed my subsidized dues contract. Luckily now we are set so it’s more here and there while I wait on Poly

My use year is September, so that's what keeps me from randomly adding on 😅 I dread the day I find a BWV contract with a September Use Year that catches my eye

My use year is September, so that's what keeps me from randomly adding on 😅 I dread the day I find a BWV contract with a September Use Year that catches my eye
Every time a BWV Sept UY pops up it’s so hard to resist! We own 50pts and now that 100pts are getting closer to $10k, I’m thankful each time a listing quickly goes away :laughing: I’m trying my best to wait for Poly and see how that goes first.

Dopamine hits are powerful.
100% this! Also, I find myself just trying to fill the void between trips. It's seems like the beginning of February was forever ago and we STILL have to get through all of summer for our September trip. In just over 3 months time we went from non-owners to now waiting to close on our 3rd contract; and I know we likely aren't even close to finished yet and am still checking every day! Once we start going a bit more often I hope it will subside, but who am I kidding!? :D

Every time a BWV Sept UY pops up it’s so hard to resist! We own 50pts and now that 100pts are getting closer to $10k, I’m thankful each time a listing quickly goes away :laughing: I’m trying my best to wait for Poly and see how that goes first.
Yes, I think narrowing down your wish lists to property that will sell quickly and finding a way to throw sand in the gear purchasing mechanisms of your brain for at least a day or two so someone else can purchase it first is a way to get the dopamine hit without the financial consequence.

100% this! Also, I find myself just trying to fill the void between trips. It's seems like the beginning of February was forever ago and we STILL have to get through all of summer for our September trip. In just over 3 months time we went from non-owners to now waiting to close on our 3rd contract; and I know we likely aren't even close to finished yet and am still checking every day! Once we start going a bit more often I hope it will subside, but who am I kidding!? :D
It's funny how you go from every year or every other year being enough, to dreading the wait of a few months before your next trip!

I'm still a relatively new member, just over a year in. But of course, I'm constantly stalking the listing sites to see what's out there.

The problem is, I'm still not entirely decided on what/where I'd want to add on. I started with 150 SSR resale and then added on 150 VGF last summer during that great incentive cycle. Do I want 50-100 more at SSR? Or at VGF? It'd be nice to have home resort priority for CCV or BRV (can't decide how I feel about a 2042 end date though) for the holidays but I also love BWV (same quibble about 2042). Maybe a small RIV resale contract down the road.

The current resale prices are making it hard to battle the addonitis, that's for sure. Going to try and sit tight (famous last words) while I figure out what, if any, contract addition would make sense for my DVC goals 🤩

www.dvcforless.com a free website that consolidates 11 broker listings in one site. It has lots of was to filter your selections.
I am actually considering one that showed up on this site. I didn't think there were any listings to be had. Turns out I was pricing myself out of 2 of them. One is intriguing......

I'm still waiting to see someone post that fixed week they bought yesterday for 149PP PVB. I saw it when it was listed but wasn't my use year but for a fixed week that was a crazy strong price.

In that same boat for sure - September as a use year just works perfectly for when we travel, but rare as a hen's teeth. I'm still saving for our next purchase, but if it isn't direct, I'll definitely be considering going with the dreaded multi-use year approach just due to availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter