Ocean Trash

ColoradoDisneyFreaks

DIS Veteran
I posted this on the Community Board as well since I know a lot of folks there don't only cruise Disney, and I'm going to dig up my CC (Not Castaway Cay) login and post it there too, but...

I have a friend who is runs a dive company out of Cozumel, and they found these down at the bottom on one of their dives. They were "released" by cruisers on the Carnival Breeze, from the looks of them perhaps in something like a fish exchange. I wanted to let everyone know that they should NEVER throw anything into the ocean. Turtles could try to swallow these and choke, sharks and other fish eat them and can't pass the plastic so it fills their stomachs and they die. Please, please, please, don't make giving and "releasing" rubber duckies the next big thing in cruising!
40685378_1383870478415301_4966339588525129728_o.jpg

I posted this on the Community Board as well since I know a lot of folks there don't only cruise Disney, and I'm going to dig up my CC (Not Castaway Cay) login and post it there too, but...

I have a friend who is runs a dive company out of Cozumel, and they found these down at the bottom on one of their dives. They were "released" by cruisers on the Carnival Breeze, from the looks of them perhaps in something like a fish exchange. I wanted to let everyone know that they should NEVER throw anything into the ocean. Turtles could try to swallow these and choke, sharks and other fish eat them and can't pass the plastic so it fills their stomachs and they die. Please, please, please, don't make giving and "releasing" rubber duckies the next big thing in cruising!
40685378_1383870478415301_4966339588525129728_o.jpg

UGHHHHHH, not good. Thanks for sharing.

Plastic and oceans don't mix. I love rubber duckies but would never "release" them in the ocean. Stupid idea.

MJ

Thank you for posting this. Our son is a marine biologist and gets so cross with the way people throw things into the seas thinking it will not be a problem. Another of his pet hates he has seen people of cruise ships throwing bread products out to sea gulls which are not good for them and it stops them hunting properly for their food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter