• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oct 15th Pregnancy and Infant loss remembrance day

As I mother of 5 children sharing day to day life and 4 angel babies always in my heart and on my thoughts, my heart goes with you.

We had our first son and for some reason, could not get pg again. I went through years of fertility options and finally I got pg! I knew so early and was so happy as it had taken 5 years. I told everyone, bought things and then m/c at about 11 weeks...

So sorry to hear about everyone's loss. I did go on to finally have twins who are my miracle babies-maybe 2 for the one I lost?? I'm very thankful for them.

I lost my son Hayden on 1/26/06 to a fatal genetic syndrome after he was born. He lived 3 hours and 20min. As awful as it might sound to some, my husband and I were lucky enough to hold him as he left us to go to heaven.

His baby sister who was born 13 months after he died reminds us everyday how precious life really is.

:hug: Lots of hugs to everyone who has suffered through a loss of a much loved and wanted baby.

My DD would be 13. We lost her to still birth at full term. We never got to hear her cry, see her eyes or feel her breath on our cheeks, but we did get to hold her and love her if only for a few hours. Not a day goes by that I don't miss our little angel, and the spot where she should have been will never be filled. We now have a son and daughter whom we adore and are so very blessed to have. They are our joy every day of their lives. I take comfort in the knowledge that some day we will get to hold her again, and her brother and sister will be able to meet her. For now we know that she is up in heaven watching over and protecting us as only she can do.

The pain of losing a child is the loss of a dream. It's the loss of part of your soul. It's the loss of part of your heart. They are all pieces of you that you can never get back, so to all of you who have been through this, you are in my thoughts and prayers and I send you all a big hug :grouphug: .

To my beautiful little angel Laurel Josephine, I love you always and forever :lovestruc . Mommy

My first pregnancy ended in a m/c @ 10 weeks, it will be 9 years Nov. 14. Hugs to all of you that are missing your angels just like I miss mine.

I never heard of this day, and October 15 is my birthday. Curiously enough I have had multiple miscarriages, but have 2 perfect boys, ages 9 and 2. I had two miscarriage prior to my first son's birth. Then, over the next several years I had multiple miscarriages until I finally had my second son almost 7 years later. The second miscarriage was the worst. I had to have a d&c because I was nearing the end of the trimester and there was no heartbeat. I had an ectopic pregnancy that took a long time to resolve. I also had what might had been a normal pregnancy but for a rupture ovarian cyst that required emergency surgery that resulted in another miscarriage.

Another interesting fact...my husband is now in his final year of residency...and he is an ob/gyn. He decided to go to med school after our first child was born.

My thoughts & prayers are with you all. DD is 8 1/2. She is now an only child. I think often of what life would be like now if her siblings had not miscarriaged. They would be 9 1/2 & 3 1/2. They will always be w/me.
God Bless you all and your precious children.

The pain of losing a child is the loss of a dream. It's the loss of part of your soul. It's the loss of part of your heart. They are all pieces of you that you can never get back...

So perfect a description......

I think of my boys every hour of every day- Alex & Jack born still 16 weeks too early on 8/26/08. As the holidays near, as do the dates of my "scheduled bedrest," scheduled c-section, and their original due date, it just gets more real and more sad. It's just more time to remember all the plans that we'd already made for them and with them. They only spent 20+ weeks under my heart, but they will forever be in my heart.

I will think of all of your lost angels tonight as I think of my boys.

Lori- Can I also just say how true your statement is "Don't be afraid to talk to me about William, don't feel that if you mention his name it will hurt. It hurts because he is not here, but the sound of his name brings joy to my heart." I couldn't agree more. I am so sorry for the loss of your little William. How "old" was he when you lost him? I hope you got to hold him- I know that helped me alot. He will be in my thoughts too tonight. Thanks for posting this thread.

I was 7 months pregnantwhen I got the news that changed me 4 ever. Yes I held him, we got pictures of him also. Elthough not enough. never enough.
Lori

My DS just did an interview yesterday with the local news, sharing her loss 3 years ago and supporting October 15. She delivered a baby girl at 23 weeks that was not strong enough to go on any type of support. There was no warning and no known problems with the pregnancy. The news did a nice job with the story.
I know how much you all miss your angels, I see it in my DS.:hug:

I'm so sorry :sad1:.
We have two angels in heaven....we miscarried one around 4 weeks - the other was 16 weeks.
It has definitely changed me & not a day goes by that I don't think about it.
We decided not have anymore. I just can't go through that again :sad1:.
I was, however, blessed with our beautiful baby boy :lovestruc before the two miscarriages and I thank god for him everyday.

I am so glad this day exists. We lost ours at 15 weeks, its been 9 years but I still cry over it. I am so blessed to have DD now who just turned 8 but like some of you I know that I couldn't go thru it all again, the scars just run too deep.

:grouphug: to the OP and all the mommies who have lost babies. I had a mc at 9 weeks in June 99. Even though I got pregnant with my DD just a couple weeks later, I still think about my little angel baby and mourn the loss. It's the worst in June around the time I lost the baby and in January when the baby would have been due, but the sense of loss, that someone is missing, is always there. It's hard because if I hadn't lost that baby, I wouldn't have my DD, and I can't imagine life without her, but I still wish I would have had the chance to get to know that child too. I know one day in Heaven I will hold my baby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter