Oct 2021 vs Feb 22, thoughts?

Raya

DIS Veteran
We planned to go to WDW in October, because that's our favorite time to visit, and we live for Halloween. But the more I hear about 50th anniversary crowds, the less excited I get. I've been hoping Disney would announce MNSSHP or other Halloween fun but that's feeling more and more unlikely. Right now October feels like I'm not getting as much (no parades, no fireworks, no shows) and I have to deal with huge crowds. If we switch to Feb 2022, will the crowds be back to 'normal'? Maybe by then shows, fireworks, etc will be back?

If you had to pick, would you go Oct 21 or Feb 22?

The temperatures will certainly be cooler in February than in October that's for sure. Until Disney figures out what the new normal is (WRT FPs and extended park hours) I think it will feel crowded to some extent no matter when you go. I remember being at MK during the 25th anniversary celebration (March of '97) and waiting 3.5 hours for Splash. Would I wait that long now? Heck no, but I was 17 at the time what did I care back then.

If you had to pick, would you go Oct 21 or Feb 22?

I think you're more likely to have more "normal" park operations in February as you know...at least you increase your chances. I also love Halloween at the parks but I've also wanted to see the Festival of the Arts at Epcot so I'd be personally excited for a February trip.

Crowds though - that's a tough one. Perhaps more people will put off a trip and go next year...but will they go in February or next summer or ? In 2019 we had a late October trip that also went just long enough into November to see a bit of the Christmas stuff - so that is also very cool time to travel. Crowds weren't bad, weather was great and we had a bit of both holidays. I don't think you can go wrong either way. :)

Halloween is my favorite time to visit the park too. I LOVE MNSSHP!! I am putting off going and as of right now I am scheduled for January 2022. I am okay if masks and social distancing in some form are still required, but I am hoping that perhaps a bit more will be open and fireworks will be back. I would love for fast passes to be back as well in whatever form they are going to return as, but who knows! I figure that we stand a better chance for more if we wait until 2022.

The later the better for a chance at normalcy. We are waiting until November 2022. I would do February.

As much as I love the Halloween atmosphere, I would pick February based on the temps. If we are still required to wear a mask, I personally think it would be much more comfortable in February.

We were in the same boat as you - had a trip booked for October but ended up switching to February 2022 for a better chance at dining plans. fast passes, and no masks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter