Oct 3, 2009 Wester Carribean

Just got an email from our travel agent!! DCL upgrade us to a deluxe family stateroom!! Room 8014!!! A free upgrade no less!!! This stuff never happens to us! Guess we got some pixie dust that is for sure!!!:cool1::banana::cheer2::dance3::woohoo:

Michele can you change our room number and let our secret santa room know that we have changed rooms!!
Thanks!!

What a nice surprise! Congratulations.

Mindi---sent u mail!! Hope it helps!

Marianne and Pam I have updated the web page to add ur rooms numbers.

Also Tess added you to the web page.....anyone else have a photo to share??

Well I want marianne's cat 7 room that is now available...LOL
Today Sydney had her first day in 4th grade...wow they grow fast.

I have finished JMO's & Familyfn's girls FE's, just have Amy's family to do and JMO and familyfun's boys.....I hope the boys like what I made....It is so hard doing things for boys....girls are sooo easy! Well if they don't I am sorry....LOL

Off to bed!

Just got an email from our travel agent!! DCL upgrade us to a deluxe family stateroom!! Room 8014!!! A free upgrade no less!!! This stuff never happens to us! Guess we got some pixie dust that is for sure!!!:cool1::banana::cheer2::dance3::woohoo:

Michele can you change our room number and let our secret santa room know that we have changed rooms!!
Thanks!!

we were going to be neighbors Maybe the pixie dust will drift over our way!

Trina---what is ur room number???? cause Marianne is on deck 8 I believe and I have u on 7......ummmm do I have something wrong?

Thanks!!

Congratulations on your upgrade!

I know somebody here was still looking for a Fish Extender. Well, Tiffany has resurfaced on Ebay. I sent her a message yesterday regarding my pillowcase. I also could not resist ordering another fish extender. I was always planning to get a new one for the Transatlantic cruises, but I just could not resist. I don't think that it will be here for our cruise, but if it is, I will have to make the decision which one I will take.

My t shirt and my gift for the late joiners has shipped so I should have those things by the end of the week.

Things are not entirely going to plan at the moment. Next weekend I am supposed to go on a Girly Weekend away with some people from the UK Community Board. Initially I was supposed to share a room with somebody who lives quite close to me, but she had to drop out. So I manage to find another room mate. Today she just posted that her baby daughter was bitten by their pet rabbit and it is quite a nasty wound. So most likely she will not be able to make it. She paid for the hotel with her credit card and I was supposed to pay her my part when we get there. So I won't be able to stay there on my own. Fortunately there is a Crowne Plaza right next door to the hotel where the others are staying. So I will try to book this and DH will come probably come with me. The soccer team that he supports will have a match in a town nearby on the Saturday.

Corinna

Corinna, I hope things work out and you have a great weekend...

Tiggerfan - Yay! What a great upgrade. There's little chance of our getting one, since we are (for the moment) 2 pre-selected, connecting Cat 6 cabins. But, I've heard of it happening, so there is still a kernel of hope. Also, if FIL/MIL both pull out of the cruise, then we'll be double-checking for port upgrades....

Have a wonderful day, everyone! (or afternoon, for those on the east coast and evening, for those across the pond).

Hi all! Just thought I would check in while I have a second. It seems like I don't even have time to blink these days! Well, we leave 4 weeks from tomorrow, so nervous panic is starting to set in. I still have to get formals for Ashley and Riley. The problem now is finding the time to actually take them. The only day that it is even remotely possible each week is Sunday afternoon. I thought I would take them this weekend, but the place we were going to go is pretty much inaccessable to us, unless we drive an hour out of our way and the drive is already an hour to begin with. (Terri, do you know an easy way to get to San Francisco without going over the Bay Bridge?--it's closed this weekend)
I was eagerly awaiting the return of Tiffany too! I already have my FE from her, but I wanted to order pillow cases for the girls. I was getting ready to order them from another lady, but she didn't have any of the designs I wanted and then Tiffany reappeared, thank goodness. So I got their pillow cases ordered last night. :)
Well, I think I exceeded the time that I had, so I'd better get going! Hope everyone has a great day!
Andrea

Congrats to all you upgraded chickie! :) How very cool!!!!! Would LOVE an upgrade myself but not expecting it.

Lilli seems to really like 2nd grade and her teacher. Phew. :)

I can't believe our family only has 32 more days til we leave. :) WOW! 31 days if you don't count today. LOL

I feel like I've got things pretty much under control and yet there is that side of me wondering if I'm going to find myself procrastinating as usual. Guess only time will tell. :)

I'm going to get together with my pal Trina early next week to print our magnets so I can say that is done. Still gotta get the FE stuff under control but that won't take any time and I still have to do the embarkation day shirts. But, other than that, I think I've got everything.

Well, gotta get back to work. Chow til later! Kristi

An updated late list.

Late arrivals (not on the original list)
ajwasphoo #7604 DD4, DD6
JMO #1054 DW, Dh, DD9, DD7, DS23mo

Those who are adding on to the late list (these are also on the original list so no need to dublicated)
Familyfun5 #1052 Joleen & Gary DD3mo, DS11, DS1 1/2
Heather819 (not confirmed yet)
Disneydiva16 #6608 Robin & Matt DD10, DD3
jcarlson #2614 Jennifer & Chad DD10, DD6
Kpfiliirpg #7514 DW, DH, DD7, DD15mo
Jsheridan #7065 Julie, James, Jake (5)
MindiBellCM #6015 Mindy, Marty, DD4, DS9
Wareagle #6022 Gena, Phil, DS14, DS11
MindiBellcm #7001 Marily, Merrill & Sandy

An updated late list.

ajwasphoo #7604 DD4, DD6

Those who are adding on to the late list (these are also on the original list so no need to dublicated)

Could you add me as well as I ended up ordering something special for the two families who missed the cut off. I also have enough for another 5 families.

Could I ask for all the names for the late joiners as I really need to get all those labels written.

Corinna

:yay:
Could you add me as well as I ended up ordering something special for the two families who missed the cut off. I also have enough for another 5 families.

Could I ask for all the names for the late joiners as I really need to get all those labels written.

Corinna

First of all, thank you so much for all of you who added me to your list. I truly appreciate it and have had so much fun thinking about and buying for these FE gifts. It has made the planning for this cruise and the anticipation for it so fun!!!!

Second, please make note that I got my cabin number changed today. I am now in cabin 1067. I thought it was more important for us to have two connecting cabins than two next to each other with port holes so I called the cruise line and they switched us to inside connecting cabins. So if you could please update your lists (and perhaps Michelle you could change us on your master list) to our new cabin #1067.

Third thanks to familyfun5 for that updated list. I have a few more on my list that have agreed to add us TWO latecomers and no more. They are:
fortheloveofdcl
2pirates&1princess
kycruisin
dolphingirl47
minfan55
Again, thanks!!!!

Well we are just trying to stay inside so we don't breathe this horrible air. Not sure if anyone has heard but there is a really bad fire here in southern California and the air quality here is really bad. We are about 20 miles from where it is so it is really affecting my valley. Anyway, hope everyone has a great night:yay:

First of all, thank you so much for all of you who added me to your list. I truly appreciate it and have had so much fun thinking about and buying for these FE gifts. It has made the planning for this cruise and the anticipation for it so fun!!!!

Second, please make note that I got my cabin number changed today. I am now in cabin 1067. I thought it was more important for us to have two connecting cabins than two next to each other with port holes so I called the cruise line and they switched us to inside connecting cabins. So if you could please update your lists (and perhaps Michelle you could change us on your master list) to our new cabin #1067.

Third thanks to familyfun5 for that updated list. I have a few more on my list that have agreed to add us TWO latecomers and no more. They are:
fortheloveofdcl
2pirates&1princess
kycruisin
dolphingirl47
minfan55
Again, thanks!!!!

Well we are just trying to stay inside so we don't breathe this horrible air. Not sure if anyone has heard but there is a really bad fire here in southern California and the air quality here is really bad. We are about 20 miles from where it is so it is really affecting my valley. Anyway, hope everyone has a great night:yay:

Add me to your list too!

fortheloveofdcl
2pirates&1princess
kycruisin
dolphingirl47
minfan55
Again, thanks!!!!

You can add me to the list of folks who will accept the two new folks. Just let me know who they are and which room? Thanks..
Margaret-6040...I'm doing the fe for rooms 6032 and 6516 and 6518. That's the five kids in our group :cool1:

fortheloveofdcl
2pirates&1princess
kycruisin
dolphingirl47
minfan55
Again, thanks!!!!

Where exactly are those fires? I have studied the maps, but can't make any sense out of them. We have good friends in Lake Hughes (near Palmdale) and have not heard from them in a little while. I start to get really worried. I hope that they are OK.

I hope that you will stay safe. Those fires are so terrible.

Corinna

An updated late list.

ajwasphoo #7604 DD4, DD6

Good morning!

You can add us to this list as well. I was thinking that I only had one extra of what we had gotten as our gifts but it turns out that I was counting our own cabin in my totals. This means I have two extra! So, I will be adding ajwaspooh and JMO to my list as well. :)

thegreatcornholeo, soudersnes and disneyjunkie99 - thanks for adding my family. My info is DW, DH, DD9, DD7 and DS23mths. My room number is 1067. Let me know if you need more information.

Corrina: The fires have not made it all the way to Palmdale so your friends should be fine. Don't know if the smoke made it there it seems to be coming more my way.

Have a great day everyone.
jana

thegreatcornholeo, soudersnes and disneyjunkie99 - thanks for adding my family. My info is DW, DH, DD9, DD7 and DS23mths. My room number is 1067. Let me know if you need more information.

Corrina: The fires have not made it all the way to Palmdale so your friends should be fine. Don't know if the smoke made it there it seems to be coming more my way.

Have a great day everyone.
jana

Where in LA are you. I work in Corporate relocation, and I have a few families over there. Those fires are crazy. They were just .5 mile away from one of my relocating families. He was so calm about and I don't know how. I would have been a basket case.

I'm in Las Vegas and our air quality is horrible right now due to the fires. I can't imagine what the LA area is like....Sunday morning, we couldn't see the mountains, it was so smokey and it smelled like a campfire. And this is several hundred miles away!

DD had her first swim practice last night. It went well - I think she's really going to like it! And today is our first PTO meeting of the year. After last year's drama (oh, seriously, it was some "Drah Mah"!), it'll be interesting to see how it goes. Our principal took away most of our funding, so we're pretty impotent right now. Our mantra has been "It's for the kids" whenever we think about walking away from all of it....

Have a great day everyone! Now that I'm past Sept 1, I can officially say our trip is in LESS THAN A MONTH! :dance3: We fly out on Oct 1....

Hey guys, I can't believe we leave in just 30 days!! No, I'm not packed, yes we dress for Pirate Night!! I have a few families who haven't sent me their kids shirt sizes..also if you a new add on and want to send me your kids shirt sizes and room number I'll be happy to add them. Those on the orginal list that I need are:
2pirates&1princess
soudersmes DIL
Bean418
Familyfun5
Ambria196
If you can send me sizes I would like to finish the FE's so I can go ahead and ship everything to the hotel.

Thanks,
Pam
Hi Pam,
Sorry I haven't been on the boards much lately and just saw your post. Rachel wears a kids large or an adult small. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you!
LIZ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter