• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oct 3, 2009 Wester Carribean

Hi everyone!! Sorry its been so long since I have posted. We just got rid of a month of visitor! Then our computer died this weekend so we had to go get a new one! Plus, I just started a business working from home! That has taken off! Its been crazy!!

What's the latest on FE? I haven't gotten anything yet. I was going to order it this weekend. I can add the late arrival no problem! Does anyone have an updated list with a headcount for adult, girls and boys? So I can order enough! Are we labeling our gift? We are handing them out at our leisure thru out the cruise right?

I'm so behind! I can't believe its a month away already. Plus I recently lost 20pounds and most of my clothes don't fit so I have to go shopping!

So my checklist is:
Pirate costumes
FE
FE gifts
Make Magnets
Clothes shopping for the family

Did I miss anything?

Is there a decorate you door contest on board?

**schmoopiecat- Were originally from Hatboro, Pa I used to run the Santa Stand at King of Prussia. Have fun shopping**

Looks like we have a large turnout for FE!! I'm so excited! Have a good one!!

I remember Hatboro from my childhood. My favorite aunt lived there. I don't remember much, but we always had a good time when we would visit.

Hey guys, I can't believe we leave in just 30 days!! No, I'm not packed, yes we dress for Pirate Night!! I have a few families who haven't sent me their kids shirt sizes..also if you a new add on and want to send me your kids shirt sizes and room number I'll be happy to add them. Those on the orginal list that I need are:
2pirates&1princess
soudersmes DIL
Bean418
Familyfun5
Ambria196
If you can send me sizes I would like to finish the FE's so I can go ahead and ship everything to the hotel.

Thanks,
Pam

Sorry it has taken so long to get on here...life is so busy :happytv: Taylor t-shirt size is a 14-16. We are getting so close :cheer2: can't wait to meet everyone...:banana:

Good Evening all!! Boy what a day of accomplishment.:goodvibes First I started with making a check of the luggage :woohoo:and looking at my list and what's left to pack, and really it's just formals!! woohoo. :dance3: Send me my documents please! :yay::yay:
Then I finished ALL my FE's....done I am done!!!!:cool1::banana: Then went out & ran errands, donated a ton of board games to the pediatric floor of the hospital, then took the girls for their flu shots.....they were soo happy:sad1:,(took them for ice cream after) then got them state id's. I did it cause they don't have passports--so I thought Birth cert and state id would be good! Also the license bureau told me they are recommending it now because then their SS# is identified with them and their photo and makes it more difficult to steal their SS# and Identity.....not impossible but harder! They were excited about having something similar to a DL....LOL I went for my last formal fitting at the tailors. Will have my dress next week. Now I just need a good halter bra! Oh wear oh wear can I find one to hold the puppies up!:confused3

Well I am gonna finish checking the packing. I have it all over our bed and the hubby will be laying down watching TV soon so I dont want him messing up my organized piles.:headache:

We just got our stateroom assignments........they are 6100 and 6102. we are psyched and will participate in the FE chachkas!

Pam: my kids t-shirt sizes are: DD Alassia 14, DS Zachary 10, DD Victoria 8. Thanks to the "t-shirt maker"!

Can't wait to gooooooooooooooo.....just have to finalize the car rental and get our air (waiting for my southwest air voucher to be emailed, ugh!)

Several families from southern Indiana will be on this cruise. We are in our forties with 6 year old daughter........

Hi everyone!! Sorry its been so long since I have posted. We just got rid of a month of visitor! Then our computer died this weekend so we had to go get a new one! Plus, I just started a business working from home! That has taken off! Its been crazy!!

What's the latest on FE? I haven't gotten anything yet. I was going to order it this weekend. I can add the late arrival no problem! Does anyone have an updated list with a headcount for adult, girls and boys? So I can order enough! Are we labeling our gift? We are handing them out at our leisure thru out the cruise right?

I'm so behind! I can't believe its a month away already. Plus I recently lost 20pounds and most of my clothes don't fit so I have to go shopping!

So my checklist is:
Pirate costumes
FE
FE gifts
Make Magnets
Clothes shopping for the family

Did I miss anything?

Claybie92102 - Can you please post or PM me your kids favorite characters?

Thanks - Terri

Several families from southern Indiana will be on this cruise. We are in our forties with 6 year old daughter........

Where from in Southern Indiana? I lived in Evansville for 3 years. My grandparents live in Princeton. My aunt and uncle from Princeton are going on the cruise with us!

mindi

Welcome aboard cgtsltect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) We're glad you and your other families are joining us! :)

Howdy to all! We've got a busy day ahead of us today. Richard is taking Lilli to get her signed up for gymnastics this morning. She's very excited! Then Lilli and I are headed out to get my ears double pierced. It's something I've been wanting to do for a long time and I'm finally gonna do it. :) Happy early birthday to me! :)

So, what else can I share? Hmmmmm. Well, I had another fitting of my dress and it went MUCH MUCH MUCH better this time. Once we dealt with certain issues the rest of the dress literally fell into place. :) She took the dress home to sew it up so that we can try it on again and mark the hem so she can finish the dress up. :) Then I'll be ready to go!!!!!! While Lilli and I are out today we're going to pick up a couple of gift cards as thank yous for her work. (She won't let me pay her.)

I also got my dark transfer paper the other day so by the end of this weekend my hubby and I will have our family's (and BFF's family and my in-laws) shirts done for embarkation day! Another item to mark off my list.

Oh, and yesterday I called Shirley and got a head start on my order. I ordered a large sand bucket pack for the girls to share and I decided to order something special for the hubby for our 17th wedding anniversary. In addition to the present I got him, I ordered a bottle of sparkling cider (he doesn't drink at all) and some strawberries with chocolate to dip them in. :) So that is also something I can mark off my list. :)

I also called the nail place yesterday to price out their manis and pedis and their nail art. This place is pretty well priced so we'll make appointments in a couple of weeks. We were able to convince my BFF (which is schmoopiecat for those of you who didn't know) to join Lilli and me. :) Richard asked me if I would be painting Katelin's fingers and toes for the trip. I said I could if he wanted me to. He actually wants me to which cracks me up cause that's just not him. LOL

Well, I've just talked on and on and on (a trait my BFF can tell you is normal) so I'm gonna head out now. Will chat atcha all later! Kristi

Good morning all!! Good luck Kristi....Ally and Kaydence(my traveling neices) got their ears pierced about 3 weeks ago. Ally asked and of course Aunt Michelle said I will take u and pay for it for ur birthday!! and then I bought them presents too....what was I thinking...LOL We weren't sure how they would react cause it seems to run with our 4 girls they have to wear pure gold, no the sterling silver or cheap plated stuff....but all seems fine with their ears no reaction to the 14kgold. Now of course Ally has put in her request for Disney hoops like I got Nelia at the orlando airport Disney store...another thing I promised...dang I need to zip my lip!

This morning I called and reserved our hotel room near the detroit airport. I reserved park and fly. DH said woohoo it's getting closer if u are doing that. NOW the DH gets excited!! My list of to-do's is getting shorter. Still need to pay for luggage but NWA doesn't let you do that until 24 hrs before departure so I will be on the computer at 8:35am on the 29th doing online check in and printing boarding papers! OMG we are getting close!!

As we get closer, can everyone keep an I on the web page and make sure I have all ur info right! Has anyone thought of how we are gonna pass the word about anyone getting upgrades at the port,??? especially if they r in the FE or have a SM......

Well off to go thru SIL luggage and make sure I gave her the updated list of things she needs to bring me this weekend. My luggage is stacked in my dining room.. OMG it's a tower!! I had to get it outta my room and I dont plan on entertaining in the next 3 weeks, my SIL coming this weekend doesn't count. I have 3 large and 3-4 carry ons! If they wouldn't make ya pay for luggage I would have one carry on! Security will be fun! So talk to you all later!

Everyone is funny...so excited about the upcoming trip...me too!!! After the last couple of days, I really need a vacation. The last couple of cruses we did Moby Dicks stringray city cruise and it was great, the guys are really good with the kids..I highly recommend it. We are doing the dolphin swim in the Cayman's, my daughter (17) did it last month and loved it. For Cozumel, we love Chankanaab, the kids love swimming and they have a great little resturant right on the beach, you can eat and relax while the kids play in the water. It's a very short taxi ride from the port, they also have a dolphin there. Well, I must go to the shop and try to get caught up on my workload...do a few FE's in between the paying customers and doing my own family shirts. It will really be LABOR Day for me work today, after church tomorrow and all day on Monday...just the price we pay for a week of relaxation. Have a Safe and Happy Labor!!

Pam

MinFan55- I'm not sure how to PM I new to this. However here is the information you requested:

Ashley:Mickey or Ariel
Kayla: Auroa
Hailey: Cinderella or 101 Dalmations

Does anyone have a list of email address for everyone? I know it get kind of crazy at the end of the cruise, I thought if we had a list before hand it would be easy way to keep intouch and share picture after the cruise?

I order my FE extender yes! One of my pirate custome came in the mail yesterday! Its so cute! And I did some clothes shopping for myself! I feel like I'm running out of time to get everything done!

Is there a decorate your door contest on board?

MinFan55- I'm not sure how to PM I new to this. However here is the information you requested:

Ashley:Mickey or Ariel
Kayla: Auroa
Hailey: Cinderella or 101 Dalmations

Does anyone have a list of email address for everyone? I know it get kind of crazy at the end of the cruise, I thought if we had a list before hand it would be easy way to keep intouch and share picture after the cruise?

I order my FE extender yes! One of my pirate custome came in the mail yesterday! Its so cute! And I did some clothes shopping for myself! I feel like I'm running out of time to get everything done!

Is there a decorate your door contest on board?
Claybie, I'm taking Social Cards with - they are like business cards, but with our family info on them (names, phone and email). This way, we can just hand one of those to anyone we want to keep in touch with. I already have business card paper, so I'll just print up a bunch of those. On previous cruises, DH would give people his business cards - like if they took a picture of the group that we might want, etc. I though this was a great way for all of us to give out info and not worry about scraps of paper, etc. I've personalized it to the cruise with one of the images I got off the magnet thread.

Hi Everyone!!! I can't believe it's only 28 days!! I just got done printing all my magnets and Social Cards , funny you guys were talking about that. Since its still pretty warm here in Philly can't pack yet since we need our shorts and stuff. Just wanted to say hi. Well of to go over my list to see what else I need to get. Everyone have a great labor day weekend

Hey Everyone,

Hope you all are having a great Saturday. We are getting ready to go to a friend's house to eat and watch Auburn football. WAR EAGLE!!!!

I hope to have my FE gifts ready by the end of the holiday weekend. I have started getting things out and placing them on my dining room table. I want to make sure I have everything ready. I like the idea of the cards for exchanging addresses. Great idea!

Hope everyone has a relaxing and restful weekend.

Gena

Hi All

I will apoligise before i start I have lots of questions about the cruise. Having mixed thoughts now about not doing the FE sounds like it would be a lot of fun but just so busy at work wouldn't have time sort it all out.

I have not been on much lately but still reading as often as I can. I had a look on the 26 sep thread and they got there cruise docs yesterday so hopefully we will get ours on Friday too.

Corinna do we have to wait longer fo ours to get to the uk or are they sent earlier can't wait to see what they are like.

We have a car hired for when we land at the airport then hope to stop at the outlet on idrive then walmarts then on to the radisson at the port is any one else staying here.

Michelle I sent our family photo again did you get it?

Still got to pick up pirate costumes for dh and dd. Shoes for formal and semi formal night managed to get a dress for each night can't remember the last time I went out with a skirt or dress on lol. Managed to convince DH to get a kilt for formal night so I am sure you will recognise us probably not too many men with kilts on but it looks really good.

Now for the questions
Dining has got me totally confused I realise whats on each night but how do we know which restuarant we are in. I have seen the rotation but not sure which place is which.

Is having a verandah worth $600 would quite like it but that could be a lot of stuff to bring back.

When do the kids go to the club Ashleigh is look ing forward to meeting all the girls.

I have completed all the online forms got our passports and estas just a few odds and ends to get.

Hope everyone is well and catch up with you all again soon.

judith

Jude, I will answer what I can...
You will recieve your dining rotation when you check in. It will be printed on your key to the world card. It will look something like this:
PLAAPLA
P=Parrot Cay
L=Lumierres
A=Annimators Palate
So the first night you would go to Parrot Cay, the second night to Lumierres, third to Annimators and so on. :thumbsup2

As far as the veranda being worth it, that is a personal choice. I like to break it down by cost per day. So if you can upgrade to a veranda for $600 that's about $86 a day. :confused3 Maybe that will help you decide. If you are torn you could always wait and see what's available at the port, the upgrades (if there are any available) are usually less expensive at the ports.

I can only answer for my kids...they don't go to the clubs on the first night, there is just too much going on and not enough time between getting on, seeing everything, the sailaway party, dinner and the first nights show. After the first night though they will be there off and on a little bit each day. I figure most of us will be getting to the terminal about an hour before boarding so they will have an opportunity to meet there.

Hope that helps. :thumbsup2

Well, I'm off to pick up the kids from a birthday party. Hope everyone has a great day!

Jude.....I put your pic when I got the email on the web page...I think it's on page 6 of the family photos!

Also I agree with Andrea....I love veranda's but to me I will stay in the Oceanview I have unless I get an AWESOME deal! U have to decide if $600 is to much. I would wait for cheaper...but it's up to you.

Also my kids don't go to the club the first night either....I mean u board, eat, my kids hit the pool until 3 for the DIS meet and greet, then safety drill, immediately following is the sailaway party, then dinner and show....day one flies by! My girls hang in the club once/twice a day depending on the program offered!!

I like the idea of exchanging business or social cards....where do u all get them. ???
Much easier then writing it down...I am thinking of doing something standard I can use on future cruises too.

Went and got my nails done tonight. A few days before leaving I will get them done again along with a Pedi!! Definately need a pedi!! I cleaned out my garage so I am excited to be able to get the van back into it. I got a few dollar tree items. Woohoo we are getting so close. I hope you all have a goodnight and a great weekend! Parade for us tomorrow. ttfn

I like the idea of exchanging business or social cards....where do u all get them. ???
Much easier then writing it down...I am thinking of doing something standard I can use on future cruises too.

Try Vistaprint.com. That is where I always get my business and social cards. You can get them for free and just pay shipping, usually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter