• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oct 3, 2009 Wester Carribean

Jude.....I put your pic when I got the email on the web page...I think it's on page 6 of the family photos!

Also I agree with Andrea....I love veranda's but to me I will stay in the Oceanview I have unless I get an AWESOME deal! U have to decide if $600 is to much. I would wait for cheaper...but it's up to you.

Also my kids don't go to the club the first night either....I mean u board, eat, my kids hit the pool until 3 for the DIS meet and greet, then safety drill, immediately following is the sailaway party, then dinner and show....day one flies by! My girls hang in the club once/twice a day depending on the program offered!!

I like the idea of exchanging business or social cards....where do u all get them. ???
Much easier then writing it down...I am thinking of doing something standard I can use on future cruises too.

Went and got my nails done tonight. A few days before leaving I will get them done again along with a Pedi!! Definately need a pedi!! I cleaned out my garage so I am excited to be able to get the van back into it. I got a few dollar tree items. Woohoo we are getting so close. I hope you all have a goodnight and a great weekend! Parade for us tomorrow. ttfn

Michelle,
I only see 4 pages of family photos. I can't see page 5 and 6. Didn't even know that they existed. Am I doing something wrong?

Michelle,
I only see 4 pages of family photos. I can't see page 5 and 6. Didn't even know that they existed. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Laura -

I was having the same problem too. I can actually see the pages 4-6 on one of our computers but not on the other. I pulled them up and asked my husband what the deal was. After looking at it, he realized that the computer using Internet Explorer 7 could not see the additional pages but the computer with Internet Explorer 8 could see the additional pages.

I went to the Windows website and upgraded my IE to 8 and now I can see everything. Maybe that will work for you as well. :)

I like the idea of exchanging business or social cards....where do u all get them. ???
Much easier then writing it down...I am thinking of doing something standard I can use on future cruises too.
I design them on MS Publisher, using a template, and then print them up on my laserjet on business card paper (available at any business store and most Target/WalMart/etc). Sometimes, it doesn't line up quite right, but it's mostly good. I use them for my Substitute Teacher business cards as well. Since I make them on the computer, I can personalize them as much as I want, but still change them on a whim!

From my recollection and from reading scads of Navigators, there really isn't anything to do in the kids clubs on Night 1. They do open houses and "get to know the counselors" type stuff, but no organized activities and I'm not even sure you could leave them there? We didn't on our first night and have no plan to this time. After that, though? We'll be putting them in frequently and will even trust them to feed my kids this time. We didn't last time, because the kids are so picky. But now, they're older and I've relaxed a little. If they don't eat enough with the club, we'll order something later....and I'm ok with that!

Laura, I can't see pages 5 and 6 either. :confused3 I guess I'll have to figure out how to upgrade my IE.
Well, we are all getting sick here (stay clear Terri) Ashley was "stuffy" yesterday then when Bailey went to bed she was coughing really bad in her sleep and I woke up this morning with sinus issues and a sore throat. :headache: I'm thinking, "better now than 3 weeks from now".:confused3
I got a few things accomplished yesterday, I laid out all of our suitcases so they are ready to start filling. The only things I can start packing are our dinner outfits though, cuz it's still really hot here. I am pretty much done with the adult FE gifts, so I can pack those. I'm still waiting for the stuff that I had custom made for the kids FE's to get here. It's taking a lot longer than I thought it would.
Ryan's passport came yesterday, so all 5 of us have our passports now! :cool1: So I went online yesterday and finished the check in process, I just have to print it now. I also ordered our Disney rewards card yesterday. :thumbsup2
It is getting so close! :cool1: I can't believe how short our chain is! When we started it we had 450 links! :scared1: We are down to 23!

Hope everyone has a great Labor Day!
Andrea

Back from shopping for a suit for DH. After being sent to two different stores, we finally found one that fit with only a few alterartions.
When we left yesterday morning our kitchen was overrun by tiny little ants. We read on the internet that by putting out instant grits you could get rid of them. It seems like they eat the dry grits & their little tummies fill up when the grits expand. BYE BYE ants. When we got home there were less than a dozen. I guess the grits worked. So if you have ants & don't want to use chemicals because of kids or pets,try the grits. Put them on the trail but make sure to keep them dry.
Off to the drive-in tonight with BFF (Kristi) & her fam for the last show of the season. Cheap price to get in $7 for adults $2 for kids ages 2 -12 and free for under 2 for 2 movies. Good food at good prices too. We have a party of it & eat dinner there. We usually have about 2 hours of daylight left when we arrive so we play cards, visit with other movies goers, let the kids play on the slide & of course EAT. Just stretching our tummies getting ready for all the great food on The Magic.

Several families from southern Indiana will be on this cruise. We are in our forties with 6 year old daughter........

:welcome: on board.

Hi All

I will apoligise before i start I have lots of questions about the cruise. Having mixed thoughts now about not doing the FE sounds like it would be a lot of fun but just so busy at work wouldn't have time sort it all out.

I have not been on much lately but still reading as often as I can. I had a look on the 26 sep thread and they got there cruise docs yesterday so hopefully we will get ours on Friday too.

Corinna do we have to wait longer fo ours to get to the uk or are they sent earlier can't wait to see what they are like.

We have a car hired for when we land at the airport then hope to stop at the outlet on idrive then walmarts then on to the radisson at the port is any one else staying here.

Michelle I sent our family photo again did you get it?

Still got to pick up pirate costumes for dh and dd. Shoes for formal and semi formal night managed to get a dress for each night can't remember the last time I went out with a skirt or dress on lol. Managed to convince DH to get a kilt for formal night so I am sure you will recognise us probably not too many men with kilts on but it looks really good.

Now for the questions
Dining has got me totally confused I realise whats on each night but how do we know which restuarant we are in. I have seen the rotation but not sure which place is which.

Is having a verandah worth $600 would quite like it but that could be a lot of stuff to bring back.

When do the kids go to the club Ashleigh is look ing forward to meeting all the girls.

I have completed all the online forms got our passports and estas just a few odds and ends to get.

Hope everyone is well and catch up with you all again soon.

judith

Last year we did get the cruise documents about a month prior to sailing. This year there is no sign of them so far. However, this time round we transferred our reservation to DU so I assume they cruise documents are sent to them and then on to us.

Well, I am back again. I had been away for a Girly Weekend with people from the UK Community Board . I had never met any of them before, but they were all wonderful people. I had such a great time. Some of the people are considering doing a Transatlantic Cruise next year, but they were not sure as yet if they want to do the Eastbound or the Westbound. Either is fine by me as I will be on both.

Unfortunately the weekend came to a bit of an unfortunate end. Our room at the hotel had the shower over the bath tub. I had a shower this morning and slipped with one leg outside of the tub and one inside. I am basically OK, but very bruised and sore.

I finally found a dress to wear at my sister's wedding next week. All my dresses apart from my evening gowns are either black or white neither of which would be appropriate for a wedding. I have been looking for ages for something suitable, but no luck. Yesterday, I was trying on a red dress that I thought would work, but it looked like a trash bag once I was wearing it. It had no real shape to it and was bulging in all the wrong places. Today on the way to the station, I went into a shop that I would normally never even consider and I saw two beautiful outfits. In the end I settled on this:

23317799.jpg

23610122.jpg

The photos don't really do it any justice, but both the dress and the lace jacket are a beautiful midnight blue. I am really pleased with this.

Corinna

Don't know if any of you have been on the main thread today, but if you want an exciting story, go and read it. It is under the heading "Urgent Please help!". Get your kleenex ready!! I was at my shop doing some work and couldn't keep from checking in every few minutes to see how things were progrssing. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Pam

Hi all! Great weekend here camping with the family. To texas this week for work, then next weekend my DH is riding 200 miles on his bicycle....all this activity means time will fly by on my side as we enter the home stretch to our fantastic voyage! Yeah!

Ok, i am concerned about my Palo res for dinner after reading the posts about the busy-ness of the first day. Oh well, no other option exist for me yet. Our reservations are for 830 first night (so will defn need the kids club to be open, need to check on that)...I would much rather have on a different night, but the "good" choices were picked by the time I logged in at 75 days minus 1 minute :-)...I will keep trying and then try at the port.

I also wondered about the registration for the kids club. My daughter, 7, shows up and i can pre-register her, but my son, 11, does not. I thought maybe it was because of the age ...like you have to register for oceaneer lab, but not oceaneer club (or vice versa). Does anyone know for sure?

all else good here. Pam, thanks for passing on that information about the Urgent Please Help thread. Hadn't had my sappy Disney tears for the day yet :-) Needless to say, i am looking at the baskets again :-)

Heidi

Good Morning!! Can someone please tell me how to get to the "Urgent Please read " thread? I can't find it....for that matter what page do U consider the main page?

This weekend my SiL and Bil & family came and brought me most of the last minute things I needed to pack, so we are packed for 8 of us except the last minute meds, etc. Staying at the hotel before we fly out has caused us to pack things we wouldn't have. So we packed t-shirts for bed that we wanna pitch so we don't have to pack any dirty stuff. We were all watching the DCL DVD last night and the kids are starting to get excited. My 1 1/2 yr old neice Kaydence is so funny...she keeps saying " Aunt shell....Mickey Mouse" I said I know we are staying with the mouse!!! lol OMG i can't wait to see their faces. Love living thru them!! I can't wait to feel the Magic!!! MNSSHP here we come!! That's like my appetizer before the cruise!!!! Well I am off to make breakfast....TTFN

Good Morning, sorry I should have clarified...The Main Cruise form discussion page.(Disney Cruise Line Forum), it is still on the first page..2/3 of the way down. Hope everyone has a great day..think I'm going to put off work for a couple of hours and take a road trip with the hubby and one kid. Home Depot (always pick up a few Lime Mickey heads), and some good eats!!

Pam

We are getting so close!! I have so many things to do that I'm getting a little overwhelmed. I need to make my to do list.

Happy Labor Day everyone!!!

Hey Gena, Mitchell wants to know where you boys go to school in Huntsville. He goes to Huntsville High and thought if they went there he might know them! He asked me twice yesterday while we were camping if I had emailed you yet!

Carol

Ok...I am a bit confused! People say "bump", page 2 and 1? I see page 180 that we are on....I am lost!!!!:confused3
Maybe my confusion is cause I am in cruise heaven today.:lovestruc Watched a the few moments we recorded from Feb 2008 cruise, and then MNSSHP from 2007...OMG Nelia was 3 and then she walked out here and I saw that my little dolly has grown so much in the last 2 yrs. Then I just got done reading a trip report from the Aug cruise,:banana: woohoo let me on that boat!!! and then I read the end of the trip report and realized I am gonna cry:sad1: on Oct 10th....OMG NO LEAVE ME ON THE BOAT!!!

I am soooooooo excited I am about to jump outta my skin. and I have 22 more days, how is a DISNEY NUT to concentrate at work:confused3
O boy!! I guess I am off to read mail and checkout FB a bit! Chat later:):grouphug:

Michelle- we were on page 2 of the main cruise board. with a post, it put us back on page one, easier to find.

Its official, we are flying home and not renting cars to come home. found a special on southwest, have our return flights booked now. we will fly home sunday morning, staying at the Hyatt on sat.

have to get boys ready to go back to school tomorrow. have a great week

Kim

OIC....i never ever go to the main page....this is saved in my favs and I just go to my subscribing threads and click to get here......which is why I never got the bump thing....LOL

Hey Everyone,

Hope you all had a great day. I was able to spend the afternoon shopping with my mom. This is something that we do not get to do very often. Thankfully, she had a great afternoon and we were able to accomplish a good bit. When she was in better health, we would go out much more often. Anytime I can go shopping with her, it is wonderful.

I found the neatest thing to put the kids' FE gifts in today. You will just have to wait to see what it is. I hope to work on my gifts again tonight. Mindi, I also need to make a list of things I need to do before we leave.

Carol, I saw my husband has answered your question. What grade is Mitchell in? Did you come to the Sparkman/Huntsville game a week ago? Patrick plays in band for Sparkman.

Hope everyone has had a relaxing day.

Gena

Gena,
Mitchell is a Freshman at Huntsville High. He did come to the the Sparkman/Huntsville game. His cousin, Parker Currin is a Sophmore at Sparkman. My son, Alex, is 7, I see that you have a 7 year old as well. Alex turned 7 on Aug 26, which I recall is one of your sons birthdays as well. What a coinceidence.

Carol

Hey Everyone,

Hope you all had a great day. I was able to spend the afternoon shopping with my mom. This is something that we do not get to do very often. Thankfully, she had a great afternoon and we were able to accomplish a good bit. When she was in better health, we would go out much more often. Anytime I can go shopping with her, it is wonderful.

I found the neatest thing to put the kids' FE gifts in today. You will just have to wait to see what it is. I hope to work on my gifts again tonight. Mindi, I also need to make a list of things I need to do before we leave.

Carol, I saw my husband has answered your question. What grade is Mitchell in? Did you come to the Sparkman/Huntsville game a week ago? Patrick plays in band for Sparkman.

Hope everyone has had a relaxing day.

Gena

We just got our stateroom assignments........they are 6100 and 6102. we are psyched and will participate in the FE chachkas!

Pam: my kids t-shirt sizes are: DD Alassia 14, DS Zachary 10, DD Victoria 8. Thanks to the "t-shirt maker"!

Can't wait to gooooooooooooooo.....just have to finalize the car rental and get our air (waiting for my southwest air voucher to be emailed, ugh!)

Hey - we're your neighbors - in 6098, my sister and niece are across the hall from us in 6099 :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter