• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oct 3, 2009 Wester Carribean

Good Morning everyone....well I guess on Monday there should be TONS of us chiming in saying we got our cruise docs!!!

I wanted to take the time to say thanks for all your thoughts and prayers....thinking Monday will be a hard day(funeral) but oh I had a thought.....I thought I wasn't gonna be able to get my cruise docs till 3 cause I was gonna be working BUT it's my Grandma's funeral so I can go anytime after....Ya know even from heaven Grandma is looking out for me!!! Gotta love her =)

I am thinking and praying for all of you, for sick Grandma's, great test results and no illness for any of us from now till at least after the cruise if not all year!!

I am off to a few garage sales.....sounds like a fun morning. Then to see if the tailor is open and I can get my formal dress.....oh things are coming together.....TTFN

My husband and I are hoping to do the 15-night PC repo, but we are still "just" silver, so it may be sold out before we get a chance to book. If so, Alaska would be great! I am originally from Tacoma (about 45 min outside of Seattle) so we could see my family and do the cruise! Either way, we are happy! Though, I was REALLY looking for Hawaii, Alaska will be great too! :cool1:
Have a great weekend!

Tess - I grew up in Seattle, but all my family is in Oregon now.

My husband has always wanted to do an Alaskan cruise - I would prefer something warm. But if I love DCL as much as you all say I will, it looks like we'll be cruising to Alaska in 2011!

3 weeks from today we'll be boarding!!! :banana::banana::banana:

No docs for me yet but I got to see Andreas, still can't wait to get mine on Monday.

Have a good weekend all.

Terri

Well, it looks like both FIL and MIL will have to cancel the cruise (have I mentioned that they were coming with us?). FIL had some stuff going on that was probably going to prevent his coming with, but MIL was holding out hope. But, FIL's condition is a bit more serious than what we originally thought, so it looks like she'll be staying home with him. I'm sad for them, even though I know we'll still have a great trip. And now, FIL and MIL have AK to look forward to in 2011 (if we can get a stateroom, that is, as lowly silvers).

Mindi- Hope grandma is doing better, where is she at?

Had a work day at the high school today fo rbaseball, I am really tired of purple and gold paint.

3 weeks from now we will be on the magic. I am in need of this vacation bad!!!

See you all soon

I think my FE stuff finally shipped, and should be here this week. Nothing like last minute as I need to pack in my box of stuff to ship.

Kim

Grandma is in Indiana and went home today! My aunt that is going with us on the cruise lives close to her and checks on her daily. I know it's adding stress to my aunt. We are trying to get our plans together for when we are gone.

I'm working on FE now!
Oh so much to do and now Halloween onboard!

So for those who are going to book Alaska. Are you going to book before you go or try to book onboard?

Any rebooking specials on 3 nights?

Mindi glad she was well enough to go home. we need to do lunch one day in the next 2 weeks, Kevin lets me know our days till we leave, so I know you are on countdown to!!!! I am off monday but then work till the first.

Mindi- Hope grandma is doing better, where is she at?

Had a work day at the high school today fo rbaseball, I am really tired of purple and gold paint.

3 weeks from now we will be on the magic. I am in need of this vacation bad!!!

See you all soon

I think my FE stuff finally shipped, and should be here this week. Nothing like last minute as I need to pack in my box of stuff to ship.

Kim

I totally ran out of time on what I was planning to make so my FE order will be here on Friday :thumbsup2

Corinna- If you get a chance I would love the link to have the horn on my I phone.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend, and hope all get there docs on Monday.

Off to church.

Kim

Corinna- If you get a chance I would love the link to have the horn on my I phone.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend, and hope all get there docs on Monday.

Off to church.

Kim

Corinna: can I get that horn too?

Still waiting for that UPS truck..I wonder if he got lost :confused3 Well tomorrow is Monday, so hopefully ;) Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend...TTFN

Norma....UPS doesnt deliver cruise docs on Sat...only their express stuff!! So I am sure we are all gonna have a great monday!!!

I love listening to the cruise horn....it's my text ringer, so everytime I get a text it goes off and I text ALOT....LOL

How do u rate Norma.!!!!!! Wish I could get mine from the TA!!!!!! DH told me the UPS didn't deliver on SUnday.....well well they must have seen the pixie dust all over urs...hehe That's awesome!!!

Hi everyone you guys have been so busy posting I am struggling to keep up but it is great to read all your stories.

Michelle

Sorry to hear about your Grandma.

I found our pic on the link but had to download internet 8 to see it. Thank You

We have decided to see how much it is at port for an upgrade for a verandah but when you break it into a daily rate the amount would cover us eating out when we are in Orlando the follwing week.

Had a real bad day at work Friday then had to go food shopping got home about 9.00 pm tired and stressed but then lying on the kitchen table a fedex envelope DH got the mail earlier and didn't let on.

OUR CRUISE DOCS

SOON PUT A SMILE ON MY FACE :love::love::love: Ashleigh was still up so I let her open them it was like Christmas.

We have not got our flight tickets yet though hopefully they should come soon. Getting in a panic about the amount of luggage think we will have 5 suit cases between us going out just seems to be so much extra to pack with all the events on board but I am sure it will be worth it.

Ashleigh will dress up on halloween DH and I will probably just get a halloween tshirt.

Still a few odds and ends to pick up but nearly there.

Can any one tell me will we need a cardigan or sweat top for night time. Thought it might get a bit cold at night time and some times the air con is just too cold for me.

Well hope everyone else get their docs tomorrow off too bed then its one less sleep.

Only 19 sleeps to go for us.

Grandma is in Indiana and went home today! My aunt that is going with us on the cruise lives close to her and checks on her daily. I know it's adding stress to my aunt. We are trying to get our plans together for when we are gone.

I'm working on FE now!
Oh so much to do and now Halloween onboard!

So for those who are going to book Alaska. Are you going to book before you go or try to book onboard?

Any rebooking specials on 3 nights?
I'm not going to wait because, frankly, I'll be surprised if there's anything "decent" left when they open the booking to the general public. I don't want to miss out on a reservation just because I was hoping to get a discount. Don't get me wrong, a discount is awesome. But, 10% off of nothing isn't much....

Can any one tell me will we need a cardigan or sweat top for night time. Thought it might get a bit cold at night time and some times the air con is just too cold for me.

Well hope everyone else get their docs tomorrow off too bed then its one less sleep.

Only 19 sleeps to go for us.
I will be bringing a cardigan, just in case. I don't recall needing it because of being chilled on our last cruise (Dec 2007), but wasn't uncomfortable wearing it, either. You never know when it might come in handy - if it's chilly inside from air conditioning, if it's chilly outside from a cool ocean breeze, if it's cool due to an October rain....

We're now less than 3 weeks away! Do you know what that means? We're almost 2 weeks away!:woohoo:

Judith,
If I were you I would bring a sweater. I always bring one into the dinning room with me as it is usually a bit chilly in there.

I hope everyone has had a great weekend. I know all of you getting your docs tomorrow are probably glad the weekend is pretty much over.

I was sick again :sick: this weekend. This time it was a sinus infection with a pretty high fevor. I keep telling myself I will take it happily now rather than two and a half weeks from now.

Our docs came on Friday. :cool1: Now I'm just waiting for the rest of the stuff to finish off our FE gifts. I will feel much better once that's done. I made reservations for the Hyatt the night we get off the ship. So I think all of our pre and post cruise arrangements are now complete!

Well, off to do more laundry, chat with you all later.
Andrea

Can't believe we are on page 2! What's up with that?

I am sad because I just realized that the Magic will be in drydock next year at this same time. I had planned to rebook while we are onboard for next fall break but that is not an option now. Well we could do a 4 night. So much to think about.

Mindi

Mindi---isn't a 4 nighter like a tease? I don't think I could cruise less then 7 nt'er. I can't wait till sept 28th just to investigate prices and see what the best dates for us are. We don't get fall break so we will have to pull our girls from school no matter when we go. DH doesn't get the same time off they do.

Andrea---girl u better tell the docs to do something about those sinus' of urs AFTER the cruise.....lol seems like u are always getting sinus infections...I thought nelia had them alot but ummm u win!!! hey is Riley dressing up for Halloween on the boat or at MNSSHP?

Have been finishing up adult FE's....I made some last yr but I had to wait for the product to come around again for more this season, well I decided I didn't wanna wait nor look for it so I designed the rest a bit different and actually like this design so just need to make about 20 more and I will have that done....Maybe I will work on them tomorrow at Grandma's funeral at the luncheon!
I also decided I didn't want soo many carry on's so I squished everything in the suitcase and got rid of one of mine and one of SIL's. SO if I look wrinkled on the cruise....blame my luggage and the airlines for charging for luggage...LOL

Well I guess I am gonna go to bed. I have to give Nelia a Pedi in the morning. She informed me tonight that she needed one so she had pretty toes for the funeral...LOL Girl after my own heart! TTFN

We are getting so excited....we are 1st time cruisers not just with Disney....we have never been on any cruise ship, so we are just beside ourselves. :rotfl:I think we have everything done except for packing but I am starting today on that. Both boys are both going to be pirates....one of them is going to be Captain Hook. My nieces who are also sailing with us are going to be pirates as well. pirate:I think my mother-in-law and me are going to be the only ones doing a little be of dressing up. I am a huge Twilight Saga fan so I am going to be a Cullen LOL...Got fangs and might pale my face up a bit. Hoping I am not the only one not being a Disney oriented character.

I am still waiting on my cruise docs....hoping it will be today.:confused:

We are doing the Dolphin excursion in Cozumel and the Stingray excursion in Grand Cayman....I can't wait. I have always wanted to swim with Dolphins and now I am finally going to do it.:woohoo:

So excited about the FE and meeting all of you.

18 days................HOW AWESOME IS THAT!!!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter