• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oct 3, 2009 Wester Carribean

Good Evening all my Disney Dreamers!!!

Mindi---yes there are 34 originals and 3 late comers so yes if you are doing all that is 37!
and I too count 29 with children!!

Julie--- I added Jake's age....sorry been moving cabins around to add others cause people keep moving and trying to keep them under each deck so if people print it they can check them off as they deliver certain decks. Honestly I figure if they saw his age was missing and couldn't go see it in the on the roll call list...well.....anyhow!

OMG we are ALMOST into single digits!!! i HOPE MY NEXT WEEK OF WORK FLIES!!

Ok everyone have a good night!!! And a wonderful weekend!

We're getting ultra excited!!! I still need to hit the sale racks this weekend for some new clothes and I also need to make sure my formal still fits since DH and DS have ordered tuxes and DD teenager has a beautiful dress. It will be the first year we have all 'agreed' on a formal style :cool2: (pre-teen girls have their own opinions on what is 'formal').

I think I can make it!!! 9 more days of school until we leave!!! Yay!!!:banana:

Jamie

In Grand Caymen you need to tender to the island (you ride a smaller boat from the cruise ship to the island as it does not dock right at the port). If you booked your dolphin excursion through Disney directly, you don't need to worry about tickets, Disney will give you all the information and directions you need the night before. If you did not book with Disney, you will need to get your own tickets. They are (usually) given out in the Buena Vista Theater from 7:30-11:00; after that, no tickets are needed as there is less demand for the tender. Priority is given to people on Disney excursions. After that, they start giving out tickets to everyone else. It takes about half an hour to get to the island including loading and unloading as you have to wait for a full tender boat in order to leave. If you are not booked through Disney, you will need to take this into consideration when timing your excursion. I booked ours at 11:00, just to give us a bumper.
In Key West we are parasailing and then renting an electric car. In Grand Caymen we are going on an Island Tour (Hell, Governor's Mansion, Turtle Farm, Seven Mile Beach) and then splashing around at Margaritaville. In Cozumel we have the Mexican Tasting Workshop booked through Disney. I am not sure if your kids would enjoy these, but maybe you could use it as a springboard. No matter what, I am sure you will have a great time!

WE ARE SO CLOSE!

Tess We are parasailing in key west also !! have a 1pm scheduled time. grand cayman the semi sub and margaritaville, cozumel the beach break and quick stop at margaritaville there too.
cant wait

Hi everyone, been a rough day here, we had to put our dog down today:littleangel:. He couldn't walk anymore and his kidney's were going. We had him for 18 yrs, he would have been 19 Dec 26th.:dog2::(:sad::sad:
We really need this cruise now!!!!! Can't believe it's almost here!!

Hi everyone, been a rough day here, we had to put our dog down today:littleangel:. He couldn't walk anymore and his kidney's were going. We had him for 18 yrs, he would have been 19 Dec 26th.:dog2::(:sad::sad:

That is so sad. We are thinking of you and know that the cruise will lift your spirits.

Hi everyone! Looks like we're all getting really excited. Even my DH is getting excited. He sat here tonight and cut all my magnets for me. And believe me, I had LOTS of em. We then laid them all out and realized we needed to get picky. So we removed a few magnets from the bunch. No biggie. We'll still have LOTS of magnets left and we'll probably have to take some down half way thru the trip and put some new ones up. We'll see. LOL

We're going to do some more cruise type stuff this weekend and my goal tomorrow morning is to get our box ready to send to the ship. We want to send it out on Monday. I do have a question. Does anyone know if I already have two items arriving from The Perfect Gift (a/k/a Shirley) can I still send a box of my own? I don't want to find out the hard way that my box couldn't arrive in my room. That would leave us with no FE stuff as well as no diapers or wipes for the baby. Let me know. :) Thanks!

Well, it's off to bed. I've got a long list of things I wanna do tomorrow and I still have to get myself together for a wedding in the late afternoon as well as make sure there's something for dinner for the babysitter and kiddos. :) Have a great day tomorrow all! I'll check in tomorrow night. :) Kristi

I am so sorry for your loss.

We are doing okay here. Cycle break for my little girl started today. Yay! She and I leave for WDW one week from Tuesday! I am so excited for our days together before DH and DS arrive. We are going to do the Kim Possible Adventure and visit the Princess boutique. Work has been extremely hectic and crazy :eek: ... am excited to be on vacation for a week and a half.

Working on final touches of my (kids) FEs tomorrow....so excited to share those!

We are getting so close!!

Aww, I am so sorry for your loss, your family will be in our prayers. We lost our 17 year old dog my husband had since he was 11 last year, so I know how it can be.

Are you using Fury Watersports? We have a 1 PM reservation as well, so we could be parasailing together! :cool1: I am TERRIFIED, but am hoping to get over it before I have to go up.

I am doing some shopping this weekend during the Sunday football games, and my husband says this is it, NO MORE SHOPPING! So I need to make this one count! :lmao:

Have a great weekend everyone!

Thinking of you...

Getting ready to leave and go do a walk for ALS. One of of physicians passed away a few weeks ago from it, and we are all walking in his memory today. Next weeekend we are doing a baby shower for the physician I work for. Guess I should have packed before now!!! After the walk today off to target for some last minute things, then I have to get us packed.

Talk to you all soon.
Kim

OMG!!! For the longest time I couldn't sign on. I have no clue why:confused3!!!
Marianne I am so sorry for the loss of your dog. You def. need this cruise.

We are getting ready to ship our fe box down to the cruise port. I hope it gets there. Its got all the adult fe's in it, so if it gets lost....:scared1:

Kristi I am also ordering 2 baskets from Shirley. I just got off the phone with the cruiseline and they said you can oder stuff ffrom Shirley and still have a box sent. They said the number of the warehouse is 1-407-566-8196 just to double check before you leave that your box made it there safely:)

OK...off to the post office for me. Have a great weekend everyone!!!:goodvibes

Hi everyone. :thumbsup2 I have been MIA but lurking a bit and still have a lot of reading to catch up on. School for the kids is going great, school for me is keeping me busy. I have had a test and three projects due over the last two weeks. I have to work extra hard over the next week for what I will be missing on vacation.:surfweb: Today is dedicated to disboards, FE’s, packing and getting my hair cut and dyed. Tomorrow is all school and kids.

Time is counting down. We fly out the 1st from Denver on Southwest. We are staying at the Residence Inn Thursday and Friday. If the weather is good I was thinking of the zoo in Meldrum Friday morning and then Coco beach. :confused3 The other alternative is NASA. We have a 15mo and I thought he would like the zoo and beach better? For those who have done NASA would he like that also?

We are also adding on my 20 year old son. We were paying an adult fair for the 15mo so adding on DS20y only cost $379 (and air and excursions…… so not as cheap as I originally thought) :rolleyes:. He is a 20yr old trying to find his life. Boy what drama. :eek: Things are not going well for him. He is looking for work right now as his last job cut his hours and is likely closing down. So, as he is not working getting him to come with us worked out. I wanted him to come with us to see places he has not seen before and then I hope when he gets back he will be refreshed with a new attitude and everything will fall into place for him. :upsidedowHe is hoping so also.

I quickly glanced at the last few posts and realized I need to go back where I left off on page 178.
:goodvibes

Marianne, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. We had a cat with a bad liver that we had to put down. I know you will miss him as he was a part of the family.

My SM gift is in & most of FE parts are here. I need to redo the bags since I don't like the way they look. One more trip to the craft store. Expecting 3 more packages from UPS. I found a need swim suit online for under $20.00 at Roamans. That's pretty cheap for plus size anything!

Still haven't packed a thing. I need to get a box together to ship to the ship. That sounds really weird. Sounds like a tounge twister to me. Anyway, I'm planning on sending FE stuff & finish putting them together onboard.

Gotta go get ready for the same wedding Kristi is going to. Type at cha all later.

Time is counting down. We fly out the 1st from Denver on Southwest. We are staying at the Residence Inn Thursday and Friday. If the weather is good I was thinking of the zoo in Meldrum Friday morning and then Coco beach. :confused3 The other alternative is NASA. We have a 15mo and I thought he would like the zoo and beach better? For those who have done NASA would he like that also?
:goodvibes

We have a stop in Denver on Southwest on the 1st, not sure what time but I know the flight arrives in Orlando at 5:20...are you on the same flight? We are also staying at Residence Inn Thursday and Friday and going to NASA on Friday. I've never been there so can't tell you if your 15 mo old would enjoy or not.

Andrea & I took Riley and Amaya to the Miley Cyrus concert last night. They were so cute, both girls are quiet, so it was fun watching them "discretely" getting excited.

The plan for this weekend is to finish the FE gifts...nothing like waiting 'till the last minute huh? My FE and pillowcase should arrive this week, can't wait to see them. I think I'm done shopping for clothes, just need to pick up last minute stuff and start packing.

2 weeks from today we'll probably be eating lunch at Topsiders!!!

Have a good weekend all...got to get moving and get ready for Amaya's soccer game.

Terri

Aww, I am so sorry for your loss, your family will be in our prayers. We lost our 17 year old dog my husband had since he was 11 last year, so I know how it can be.

Are you using Fury Watersports? We have a 1 PM reservation as well, so we could be parasailing together! :cool1: I am TERRIFIED, but am hoping to get over it before I have to go up.

I am doing some shopping this weekend during the Sunday football games, and my husband says this is it, NO MORE SHOPPING! So I need to make this one count! :lmao:

Have a great weekend everyone!

Yes Tess we are using Fury also. We have a few things to do before we head to the spot to go out, but we will be on the same parasail. how awesome!

Also . Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts. We miss our little buddy real bad, but as time goes on it will get better. ! Cya you all in exactly TWO WEEKS :woohoo:

Terri----I bet the girls had fun!! Sydney would have been dancing and screamin....not a quiet one!

Yeah ...we will be eating at Parrott Cay's......I love it!! and then Del will be taking the girls to the pool while I get things prganized in our room and getting the necessary tickets for tea and for Margaritta and tequilla tasting!

WE are staying at the residence inn friday night too!!! We will just be ordering take out and prolly letting the kids swim. and then we will be up early eating breakfast and then off to the port EARLY!!! Hmmm I wonder how early is to early for the port. Have gotten there at 9:45 before...I wonder if 9:30 is too early!!! Oh well I can just sit on the side of the road with my stuff....and stare at the "Magic" waiting for me to board!!

Ok off to mom's...it's her bday and I am cooking dinner. The off to Oktoberfest for a drink and to see my alma mater and friends! TTFN

In two weeks time, the Sail Away Party should be over and we should be at sea on our way to Key West.

I have been busily working on putting together the main gift. I have 70 completely finished, 10 that I will quickly finish off once I posted this message and the last 20 will have to wait until tomorrow. I got Angels and Demons on DVD today and I intend watching this tomorrow afternoon and finish off all the odds and ends for the Fish Extenders. That then just leaves me with putting the finishing touches to my Secret Mickey gift and the dreaded packing. Those I will do on Thursday and Friday when I have my next days off.

I think I might just have seen the shoes of my dreams today. There is only two kinds of shoes that I can wear without being in pain if I am on my feet for significant amounts of time : Doc Marten's or Crocs. Neither are exactly a fashion statement. I have not been able to wear any shoes with heels since I had an ankle injury at 14. We have a Croc shop in our local shopping mall and while I was in town, I checked out the new fall and winter designs. While I was doing this, I spotted the perfect shoes. They have two lines of velvet covered shoes that look really smart: Lily Winter, which are flats and Lydia Winter which are wedges. Best of all, they are really comfortable. I was close to buy them, but then I remembered that there is a Croc shop at Orlando airport and I figured that they might be cheaper in Florida (they normally are). Well, it looks like that the Lydia Winter style is not even available in the USA. So I better get myself back to the store to get them over here. They do however have a different Lydia style on the US website that is not available in Europe so I might be forced to get them as well once I arrive in Florida.

Corinna

Hello all. Sorry I haven't posted in a bit. I've been so busy sometimes I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

Marianne, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know what you are going through. We just had to put our cat of 11 years to sleep last week.:sad1: It was really, really hard for me, but she is not suffering anymore and I just have to remember that.

The concert last night was fun. It was so cute to watch Riley and Amaya try so hard not to "publicly" get excited. It was a surprise for Rileys birthday.

Well, I am completely done with adult FE gifts and I now have all the stuff to put together the kids FE's, I just have to do it. I am having trouble finding formal night shoes for Ashley and Bailey. Hopefully I'll be able to find something this week, those are my last purchases.

Ashley has an appointment at the DMV on Monday to take her written permit test and then if she passes her first driving lesson is on Wednesday. I guess the only one I have to warn to stay off the road is Terri!

Well, I'm off to see if I can talk the kids into going to bed at 9:00 on a Saturday, probably not going to happen, especially since Amaya is staying the night. But I can try. :confused3

...two weeks from this exact moment we will be drifting off to sleep for the first night on our cruise...
Andrea

Does anyone know where I can get a few things laminate cheaply? And also about how much does laminating something cost?
Thanks.

Mindi, I've been laminating stuff at kinkos. It's about $2.50 a sheet for the regular size $4 something for the big ones. If you bring your own sheets they don't charge you to use their machine (I didn't know that when I started out) so if you have more than a couple sheets to do it might be worth it to buy the sheets somewhere else and then take them in to kinkos to laminate. HTH:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter