• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oct 3, 2009 Wester Carribean

Does anyone know where I can get a few things laminate cheaply? And also about how much does laminating something cost?
Thanks.

Mindy, you can try Staples or your local school supply store as well as Kinko's for laminating.

Hope everyone is well. It has been a crazy week. I've had lots of kids absent this past week. I keep praying that my family and myself stay healthy. I had my first student diagnosed with a positive case of swine flu.

I've almost finished my FE gifts for kids. Just have to pick up one or two more things. Once I get my labels on the adult FE gifts , they will be finished.

We are having a large group of jr. high and high school age kids over tonight after church for a monthly Bible study. It rotates between 3 families and this is our month to host. After tonight, the suitcases are coming out :cool1:. I still haven't received our documents from our TA, but I know she will call as soon as they arrive.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Gena

We started tompack last night, I am almost done, Kyle almost done, others have not started. Have to take father in law shopping today for shorts. Our ac went out yesterday, got very warm quick. FIL came over and worke don it, hope to get some more use out of it before we have to get a new unit. Today is DH last day of work and he is on vacation, must be nice. I have 9 more work days. Boys starting to stir, have to get ready for church.
Kim

I laminate myself...got a machine for 15.00 amd 200 sheets for 20 dollars....I laminate some of the kids work I wanna save so it was best to have my own!

Ok having a problem....bought a 2 formals...(cheap) paid to have the purple one alterted and now thinking I like the black one better.....Ahhhhhh what to do!!!!!!!!

OMG OMG/......if I don't count today and dont count weds that we head to detroit to stay the night....I have 9 days tillI start my vacation!!!! woohooo!!!!! Single digits!!!!

Gena....dont bring the swine flu with you...tell ur student not to share...LOL and I am sending pixie dust ur way to get ur docs on Monday!!! =))

Alright well off to make breakfast. Then to repack a bag I messed up taking out all the camers and charging the batteries, and emptying the memory cards. Cleaned out my van yesterday and I told the kids no eating or drinking in it. I dont wanna come back to a van at the airport that stinks or has something growing in it.....So one task done. Now just to get the stuff off my video camera hard drive so it's empty for taping!!

TTFN

Mindy, you can try Staples or your local school supply store as well as Kinko's for laminating.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Gena

Gena,
Do you know how much those places cost? Anyone used contact paper before? I read about that on the internet.
Mindi

Mindi, I've been laminating stuff at kinkos. It's about $2.50 a sheet for the regular size $4 something for the big ones. If you bring your own sheets they don't charge you to use their machine (I didn't know that when I started out) so if you have more than a couple sheets to do it might be worth it to buy the sheets somewhere else and then take them in to kinkos to laminate. HTH:thumbsup2

So how much do the sheets cost and where can I get those?

I have some news! First, I am in shock!!! Craig asked me to marry him today!!!! I guess it just has not set in yet. I just wanted to let everyone know!!!

Carol

I have some news! First, I am in shock!!! Craig asked me to marry him today!!!! I guess it just has not set in yet. I just wanted to let everyone know!!!

Carol

Congratulations. This is fantastic news. You definitely have something to celebrate on the cruise.

Corinna

Carol-So happy for both of you, what a way to celebrate with a cruise!!!

Off to mow lawn, still need to start packing the boys. Lots to do and no time to do it.

Kim

Carol

I am assuming you said yes. So congratulations on your engagement! Do I hear engagement party on the cruise?

Hi hope everyone is well.

Congratulations Carol.

Well my weekend is almost over back to work tomorrow. Then only 9 shifts to work, we are almost ready just a few odds and ends to get but nothing important have spent the whole weekend shopping struggled to get shoes to match my formal dress went to Glasgow yesterday about 80 miles from home to get them only to be told they did n't have my size but there store in Edinburgh had them so today off to Edinburgh which is about 60 miles away but I have them now.

We have almost packed everything but have found out Virgin have a size restriction on their luggage and ours are about an inch too big so need to find out if we will have to get new cases hope not as we have only used the ones we have twice.

We got our flight tickets on Thursday but our dog got them first so they have holes in them now lol.

Corinna
Wondering if you could tell me we have connecting flights glasgow to gatwick but on the ticket it says 1 case only per person but on our main flight to Orlando we can have 2 each so a bit confused.

Got a call from my sister last night to let me know she had arrived safely on Friday she is staying at Port Orleans If she calls again I will find out what it is like.

Thanks for all the advice you have been able to give me.

Well off to bed.

Judith

Congrats Carol! Well come join us girls doing the margarita taste testing and we can celebrate....LOL

So I am FINALLY done with Fe's. Finished making the adult FE and packaging it. I had social cards made and was writing on labels for the fe and thought forget all this writing. I put a social card with each adult FE so U know it's from me! Also had to make 2 more girls gifts cause friends of ours from Florida are going now and I thought I would be nice and make his girls something. I made them 4 magnets for their door too. They can be a bit much but I am just to nice cause I wanted his girls to hav e special something.

Well off to call SIL and go over the luggage in my dining room so we can make sure she has anything else in a bag ready to go for the 30th.

TTFN

I have to print one more label and then I am DONE with FE!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited. We just got done putting the labels on them to seal them and I realized I left my social cards out. Oh well the label says who it's all from and then you will get a social card just in the FE. It will all work out the same in the end.

I have partially packed the 4 year old. I am working on my 9 year old's stuff. I will put it all in baskets and make my final shopping list. I hope to get it in the suit case by the end of the week.

This week is a pretty calm week for me. We are camping with Cub Scouts next weekend.

Mindi

:cool1:Well, I've packed some more...we have more new clothes then I thought we did. I went into the "cruise room" which is the girls playroom that has been transformed to a room full of suitcases and clothes and decided to organize and pack what was already in there. It turns out most of our dinner clothes are new, and we wont need them between now and the time we leave so I packed all of those, the girls pirate costumes and new pj's. I already have an entire suitcase full of shoes and I haven't even packed Ryan's yet (that's what happens when there are four females in the house) I also started on our "hotel suitcase" which will be the suitcase we use at the hotel before the cruise so that we don't have to get into the big suitcases. Well, break time is over back to the cruise room...only one more day and I can say we are in single digits! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter