• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oct 3, 2009 Wester Carribean

It is snowing here in Colorado. We are an hour north of Denver and just had cold rain, however it snowed in Denver and expecting 2" tonight. Yikes, it is way to early. Bring on the warm weather. :cool1:

DH and I left in early Feb one year to Sedona AZ and left below freezing in Colorado. Not so drastic this time but I am from San Diego and though there are seasons here I can do with lots of warm weather all year long. Leave the snow to the snow men. :rotfl:

No snow for us just rain. It has rained for the past 2 weeks. I am grumpy and in some serious need of sunshine.

Hey all. Well, I'm still feeling about the same. Just kinda blah. I have a nasty cough and I feel drained. I'm tired. Gonna go in to work at least for the morning. We'll see how I feel at lunch time whether I'll stay for the rest of the day or ask to go home. Just wanna be as careful as I can. I'm drinking lots of tea with honey including my throat coat tea (which is fantastic for your throat and great for singers too). Katelin definitely has a nasty cold. :( She slept with me all last night cause she was just so uncomfortable. We had a rough night but she's very pleasant this morning. We're still going to take her to her childcare (it's a lady in her home) as the childcare provider will allow her with a cold to come over. She'll keep her inside for the day. Send up prayers please.

I kept Amaya home from school again today. She was still running a fever and coughing. She seemed to be feeling better yesterday afternoon and then the fever was back last night and this morning. She has been pretty much laying on the couch all day "resting". I stayed home with her yesterday and DH stayed home today, my turn tomorrow. We are using the hand sanitizer like crazy around here hoping that we don't catch it.

Riley has been so sweet and bringing her homework home everyday so she doesn't get behind...Amaya has been doing pretty good at keeping up with it despite not feeling that good.

I'm just praying that she gets over this soon and that we don't catch it...I've been waiting forever for this cruise, can't get sick now.

Have a good night everyone and stay healthy!

Terri
Have you taken Amaya to the doctor? I don't know if (s)he'd be able to do anything, but just in case. It sounds like a pretty standard flu, but I'd hate for all of that to spread to you guys! The doctor might even be able to prescribe TamiFlu for the rest of the family...
Let Amaya know that Sam hopes she's feeling better...

Kristi, I'm sorry you and Kaitlin are feeling crummy. I will say a prayer that is passes soon and nobody else gets it. Amaya's still sick too.
Snow? Snow? What I wouldn't give for cooler temperatures, but not snow! It was supposed to be 102 yesterday and it wound up getting up to 104 and today is supposed to be 104 so I'm sure it will hit 106. :scared:
My good friends are going on the cruise the week before us, and they are leaving tomorrow, I can't wait until I can say we are leaving tomorrow!
Well Ashley has her eye appointment today, so we'll see how that goes.
Hope everyone has a great day!
Andrea

Have you taken Amaya to the doctor? I don't know if (s)he'd be able to do anything, but just in case. It sounds like a pretty standard flu, but I'd hate for all of that to spread to you guys! The doctor might even be able to prescribe TamiFlu for the rest of the family...
Let Amaya know that Sam hopes she's feeling better...

I haven't taken her to the doctor yet but I've talked to the advice nurse everyday this week and had a phone appt with her doctor Monday and will have another one this afternoon. She is definitely feeling better today, fever is gone, all that's left is congestion and coughing. The advice nurse told me to go get Mucinex to break up the congestion and it's working. I've been trying to keep my distance from her but all I want to do is hug her and comfort her but I can't get sick either :scared1:. But if she was going to get sick I'm glad it was this week and not next.

I'm going to work for 4 hours when DH gets home at 2:00...trying to save a little vacation time.

Tell Sam thanks for the well wishes.

Looking forward to meeting everyone soon.

Terri

Hey all! Well I took the advice of many of my friends and came home today around 11am. I slept til 3:15pm. :) I still feel lousy BUT now I've had some good sleep and I don't feel nearly as lousy. LOL Guess it's a start huh? My thought is, if I don't feel enough improved on Friday morning I'm going to call the doctor and make an appointment. So often when I get sick it goes directly to my lungs and I get bronchitis. Well nothing has really been in my head (other than a headache that won't go away - even with meds) and it's all be in my throat and I've noticed a little tightness in my chest. Kinda figured it's the Mucinex I'm using right now. So we'll see. I'm getting ready to go pick Katelin up and bring her home. There is chicken soup in our future tonight. :) At least since I'm also sick I can hug and kiss her all I want. :) LOL Well, that's the update. Will chat atcha all later. Kristi

Hello all, well I am happy to report for Terri, Amaya is feeling much better! :thumbsup2 On a downside, Ashley had two doctors appointments today. One was for her eyes and it turns out her vision is way worse than the dmv thought (I knew that lady was giving her too much help) she has 20/70 in her right eye and 20/100 in her left. So we got to go spend $165 on glasses today. :confused3 Her second appointment was for a "bump" she has in her groin/abdomen area and it turns out it might be a hernia which means she will be having surgery. She has been reffered to a surgeon to confirm. The way Kaiser moves I doubt she will even see the surgeon before we leave, but still, it kind of smacked me in the face. I wasn't really expecting that.
On a happy note one week from right now we will be half way through our 5 and a half hour flight to MCO. :cool1:
Well off to do soccer. Chat later.
Andrea

I'm so happy to hear Amaya is feeling better. :) Katelin and I are also feeling better. :) This is a good thing!

Sorry to hear about the eye doctor visit and the hernia. :( Will keep your family in our prayers.

I think I may have enough energy to actually do some cruise stuff tonight. We'll see. Well, chat atcha all later! Kristi

Good Morning all!!! Today 10 years ago I married DH.:love:....wow 10 years! WHo would have thought I would have put up with him this long!:lmao:

Now let's just get on the cruise to celebrate!!!:banana:
I have 4 more working days!!! I am so excited it's getting sooo close! I made somemore magnets(4) last night to put on the florida people we know that decided to go...though his girls would like that.
Parents took us out to dinner last night for our Anniversary and I said to DH...omg we have 7 nights of being served dinner to look forward to soon!!

ok I am glad everyone is starting to feel better....we have been on DCL with a sick child...not fun! Alright off to get ready for work...then to run errands before the kids get off the bus.

TTFN

I got a box with FE stuff packed last night. This morning is a trip to the UPS Store to get it shipped out. I need to weigh it before I go. It may be a tad heavy. I decided to bag everything aboard ship. It would have been too bulky to pack the bags before shipping.
DH brought down the big suitcase & I'll start packing it this evening after work.
Still waiting on 2 more packages to arrive & then I think I'm done shopping.

I'm glad everyone is feeling better. I've had a sinus headache for 3 days now & hoping it will soon go away. I may be taking an extra Zyrtec today. It's either sinus or a cluster cycle. I perfer the sinus headache.

Haricut this weekend. It will be short so I will look a little different than the posted photo. Same round face, same glasses & of course the dimples never go away! I'mn told that is where the angels kissed me. Actually I think my older brothers stuck me with pointed sticks. They were kind of mean that way. LOL

Gotta get ready for work. Only 6 more 1/2 days to work before we fly out.

Wow, I can't believe we are this close. Here is TN it has rained for the past 2 weeks. I am in need of sunshine. I have so much to finish up but it's not any one big thing but all the little things. I still need to do my online registration. I know crazy.

Do you think our thread will make it to 200 pages before we leave?

Wow, I can't believe we are this close. Here is TN it has rained for the past 2 weeks. I am in need of sunshine. I have so much to finish up but it's not any one big thing but all the little things. I still need to do my online registration. I know crazy.

Mindibellcm- the weather has been the same here. I think in the last two weeks we have had maybe one or two days were it did not rain. It makes me feel so gloomy, then I get on thread and I feel much better reading all the excitement :cool1::banana::cool1::banana:.

Terri & Kristi glad to hear your Family is feeling better :) !!!!

Question we mailed are boxes for our staterooms last Wednesday and it was signed for on Monday at the warehouse. Will it get mixed or lost before we get there :scared1:? This is the first time we have shipped to the ship and I did not know it would get there that fast.

We had a nice surprise in our little town of Fate, Texas yesterday. Two of Taylor Swifts tour buses were at our local truck stop for over 2 hours. My friend took pics and showed the girls yesterday, they are jumping through the roof with excitement for the concert tomorrow :cheer2::cheer2:.

Well I have a few projects to get done today and then off to find the girls cute stylish matching outfits to surprise the girls with for tomorrow. My 10 year old still wants to match with her lil sis so I am going to milk it for as long as I can.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Looking forward to meeting all my new dis-buddies!

Jennifer

I think our thread will make it to that Mindi. We do still have a couple of days before we leave.:)
It is kinda cool here in Syracuse today with lots of clouds. This time next week I will be in the air on my way to Florida!!!:banana::banana:

Good Morning all!!! Today 10 years ago I married DH.:love:....wow 10 years! WHo would have thought I would have put up with him this long!:lmao:

I have 4 more working days!!! I am so excited it's getting sooo close! I made somemore magnets(4) last night to put on the florida people we know that decided to go...though his girls would like that.
Parents took us out to dinner last night for our Anniversary and I said to DH...omg we have 7 nights of being served dinner to look forward to soon!!

ok I am glad everyone is starting to feel better....we have been on DCL with a sick child...not fun! Alright off to get ready for work...then to run errands before the kids get off the bus.

TTFN

Michelle:

Happy anniversary :lovestruc, God bless your marriage and family:grouphug:

Beda

Hello all, well I am happy to report for Terri, Amaya is feeling much better! :thumbsup2 On a downside, Ashley had two doctors appointments today. One was for her eyes and it turns out her vision is way worse than the dmv thought (I knew that lady was giving her too much help) she has 20/70 in her right eye and 20/100 in her left. So we got to go spend $165 on glasses today. :confused3 Her second appointment was for a "bump" she has in her groin/abdomen area and it turns out it might be a hernia which means she will be having surgery. She has been reffered to a surgeon to confirm. The way Kaiser moves I doubt she will even see the surgeon before we leave, but still, it kind of smacked me in the face. I wasn't really expecting that.
On a happy note one week from right now we will be half way through our 5 and a half hour flight to MCO. :cool1:
Well off to do soccer. Chat later.
Andrea

Poor Ashley. I glad that her bad eyesight was picked up upon. Looks like she has a really rough time between this and the surgery.

TTFN

Happy anniversary.

I am glad that the people who have been poorly are starting to feel better.

I have today and tomorrow off. I had originally planned to go and see the movie Fame tomorrow, but I think I rather have another quiet day getting organized.

My Fish Extender gifts for the boys are now done. I just have to label the last few gifts for the late joiners and I am all done.

I had every intention to pack today, but I just noticed that most of what I intend to take was actually in the laundry hamper. So I think the packing has to wait for a few days. Everything is now washed and hanging up to dry. Hopefully everything will be ready to be packed by Sunday. Sometimes I wish I had a tumble dryer.

Corinna

Yep, I have no doubt we will make it to 200 pages. ;)
I can't believe we leave in 6 days! We have major plans everyday from now until we leave too, so it's going to fly by! Come to think of it, I hope I can find the time to finish up what I still have to do.
My friends that are going the week before us leave today. They are actually taking the same exact flight we are taking. Since they are flying United I e-mailed the crew to make sure they get taken care of. This is a really big trip for them. It's to celebrate his retirement from the military. Unfortunately they have an LAX based crew, and they are typically not known for their "friendliness". :sad2: Hopefully they will be able to do something nice for them on the flight. Anybody else flying United? I can put in a word for you with the crew...probably not though, they are too expensive. He had enough miles for all but one of their tickets.
Well, today my goal is to get some laundry done, drop some stuff off at good will and generally "tidy" the house. I will do a good scrub cleaning on Sunday afternoon, hopefully I'll be able to enlist the help of my devoted family. :rotfl: I think I'll be able to start packing our day to day clothes on Sunday too. I'll just have to make sure everyone has three outfits to get us until Wednesday...WHEN WE LEAVE!!!
Well off to try to accomplish some things.
Talk to everyone later.
Andrea

ooh, I just started a new page. Only two more to go to make it to 200. How many pages does it have to get to before they "close the thread"? I thought it was like 250, but I could be wrong. :confused3

Hey all! Hope everyone's day is going well. I agree with Andrea. We'll easily get to 200 pages. :) Us gals seem to chat about everything that's going on so no problemo. :) LOL

My hubby and I are going to put together our box to ship to The Magic tonight. We'll ship it out tomorrow. We're also going to do what we wanted to do over the weekend and it didn't happen which is do our boarding day shirts. We have to get them finished before Saturday because we're giving them to Trina and Don and our in-laws when they come over for a bbq. :) My honey picked up our last item for our FE gifts today. He wants to make sure all is done by this weekend because he's going to live at the church working next week. I'm gonna kinda be a single mom for the week. Ugh. I hate that but understand at the same time. Next week will be busy for us girls too cause Lil and I have hair appointments on Tuesday and nail appointments on Thursday (Trina is getting her nails done then too). :) And, during this time I'm also finishing packing. :) It's just hard to believe a week from tomorrow I'll be heading to BWI to fly to Orlando for our vacation! WOW!!!!

Well, not much more to share. Take care all! Kristi

Well, my FE gifts got dropped off at FedEx yesterday and are well on their way to the Magic. Let's hope and pray they make it there, if not...we're in trouble. You will all be getting produce from me from down there on deck one.:lmao: I now have piles of stuff in my spare bedroom of things to pack. I hope to start packing this weekend. DD birthday party is Sunday, so I have to make it thru that first.

Is anyone a Grey's Anatomy fan? Season premier is on tonight :happytv:

Happy packing everyone and stay away from those cold and flu germs..I've stocked up on vitamin C.

Just trying to stay busy at work for the next week. Next Thursday working half day then leave on Friday morning. Have two of us packed. Kyle on his own says mom can't help because I don't know the needs of a teen. Will work on getting Hunter packed tonight. As we pack we were going to load in vehicle but having baby shower for Dr I work for on saturday so I need the space for that. So we will load vehicle starting Sunday. We are getting new carpet while we are gone so have to be sure everything ready for the carpet layers. Lots to do and time running out. Have all our reservations and documents with passports all ready to go now I just need to be in Florida. Back to work. See you all soon.
Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter