• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oct 3, 2009 Wester Carribean

Aww man Sydney will be soo disappointed....Andrea we still meeting somewhere around 7? any thoughts...splash Mountain? Also are u hittin the 2nd parade with Lisa's fam and mine?

Your right it is toy story 3D, I just forgot the D. Glad you got the deal on the Hyatt. I knew there are a few of us staying there Sat night and when I saw the deal had to share.

Getting ready for kids to hit the shower and get ready fo rschool in the morning.

Have a great night.

Kim

That is still pretty cool about the movies. We usually see one or two just depending on what's showing and what else is going on. I have gotten alot done this weekend but still tons more to go!

I survived DD's birthday party..now I can concentrate on packing. I'm so exhausted now, so I've just been adding things to the list. You all will have fun at MNSSHP. We've been a few times and I love their fireworks. The show and fireworks are of course amazing.

ok--so the night is about to end for me......I look around and I know I have had the major things packed for awhile but I keep running through my mind what I might forget. Arrgghh!! I have to pick up an antibiotic tomorrow---I take it as a precaution cause Nelia is known for ear infections, plus I have swimmers ear medication from the doc cause she has been known for that as well...and ear infection could leave her miserable

I have decided instead of sending my dress for dry cleaning tomorrow, I am just gonna have it done on the ship...i mean it's gonna get wrinkled up in travel anyhow....sooo if it looks bad on formal night....blame Disney....LOL I can't wait...2 more working days and then weds I am outta here. wish we would have flown down weds instead!

off to bed for me....ttfn

Happy Anniversary, Michelle!

Well, I started getting my things ready tonight. Trying to decide what to take and what not to take. I always pack too much. I know they say lay out everything and then put half of it back. Don't know if I can follow that rule or not.

All of my students were at school today:cool1:. It was so nice to be able to have my entire class together. I've gone through more wipes and hand sanitizer the last week. I've been cleaning my room daily. I don't want to take any chances of bringing something home.

This weekend is going to be very busy. Patrick has a 4 page (minimum) history paper to do by Monday. He only has a small amount done. He has to march at a football game tomorrow night and then has a marching contest Saturday. Looks like Sunday will be a very busy day.

How many "older" kids (like 10 & up) are taking halloween costumes? I want to make sure I have everything Payton would need in case the older boys did wear costumes. Are any of the teenage boys taking anything as well?

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Gena

Hi Gena! Alan, 11, is wearing a costume...we went back and forth and decided to just to a more elaborate pirate costume that he can wear at MNSSHP, and Pirate.Halloween night on the ship.... :-) see you soon!
Heidi

ok, this was totally out of time sequence since i was so behind...looks like you are all doing tshirts for the older kids...Alan will have one just in case he wants to wear....

So excited. Anne and I leave on Tuesday after work (hoping to catch the fireworks from the BLT Top of the World Lounge (fingers crossed for a magical express miracle :-) )...Rob and Alan will be leaving on Thursday since Alan is still in school this week.

LisaG, i will keep my eye out for you at Epcot on Wednesday.

Looking forward to meeting you all in 3D soon!

Good morning everyone. I'm so excited. everything is done!!!:banana: All packed and ready to go. I can't wait to meet you all. I can't wait for Thursday. I hope it comes fast.

Our family is on our final 5 day countdown!! I hope everyone leaving throughout this week has a safe trip and I can't wait to meet everyone at our meet. Being apart of this board has made our first cruise experience so awesome even before we have left. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see the Toy Story 3D :3dglasses My youngest son hasn't ever seen Toy Story, so what a great way to introduce the story to him.

Everyone be safe, and we'll see you soon!
:banana:

Good Morning all! 3 days from now we'll be sitting at the airport waiting for our flight :banana:

So here is my progress...house - 50% cleaned, packing - 90% done, excited - 100%!!!

I've got either 2 or 2 1/2 days of work left...haven't decided, might need that half day to cope with my depression after vacation. :laughing:

If I don't get on the board again before Wednesday I wish you all safe journeys and can't wait to meet everyone Saturday!

Terri

I use "Heather Countdown" (like Disney Math) for the trip. We leave on Thursday morning, but Wednesday will be dedicated to packing and all of that - so I'll be in "vacation mode" by then (and on Wednesday, I don't think "one more day" I think "TOMORROW!").

So, I only have 2 days left! 2 days! 2 days! 2 days!:cheer2: (Do you like how I did that? :rotfl2:)

Terri, feel free to borrow my counting method, if you'd like!

We won't be at the 3:00 meet on Saturday (we, too, are probably going to the spa raffle - cross your fingers for us!), but I'll be looking for everyone in the terminal and all over the ship! See you Saturday (or sooner, if you're staying at the Radisson or going to KSC on Friday) :grouphug:

1 more day of work....:banana:

For anyone going to MNSSHP ---I called Disney and yes this year they are still offering the complimentary strollers. :yay: I am sooo excited so that will make it easier on us for a late night!!!! O yeah who else is going on thurs?? I know Lisa and fam, Andrea and fam , and my family....I thought there was someone else....???? :confused3 Well anyone who is and wants to join lisa's fam and mine at the emporium for the 2nd parade..come one come all:rotfl:

well it is in the 60's here bbrrr so I made some potato soup and it's pretty darn good I say. So waiting for Sydney to get off the bus and take her to dance for 3 hrs....:eek: Then home , bed time and relax! ok fold laundry but thats as close to relax as I am getting until my head hits the pillow!! TTFN

Two more days of work for me, but those days will fly by. Is anyone else staying at the Hyatt this Friday night? Our flight arrives around noon, so I guess we'll be in the pool by 1:30 or so. It's gotten cold here too, upper 60's but suppose to get into the low 40's at night. I'm not ready for cold weather so it's a good thing we're headed south this week. :cool1:

Oh I wish it was me leaving so soon I still have to do 3 days at work dh has only 2.

Hope every one has a safe journey.

Heather we are staying at the Radisson on Friday night we land at 5.00pm then want to pop into prime outlets and walmart then on to the hotel hopefully there by 8.00 ish.

Judith:banana::banana::banana:

Finishing up the last of the FE's as I type!!Shipping them to the Radison tomorrow. Work Tues, and Wed., try to start and finish packing and out we go Wed. night. The only thing that scares me, is the 45 min. layover in Atlanta...I bet we don't make our connection, especially with 5 adults and 4 kids running from concourse to concourse. Pray that our gates aren't that far apart!! I do not want to spend anymore time in Atlanta with kids than I must!!:cool1: Happy packing everyone!

Atlanta is notorious for delays. So, pray that your connection is delayed a bit! :rolleyes1

Shipped off the FE stuff - got the suitcases down - packed 1 case - got meds refilled - 3 half days to work & then we fly out on Friday. I'm tired out just planning & packing. I'm ready for vacation> See ya all on Saturday!

Anyone planning to book Alaska while on board? I have a cabin on hold but I just don't know. I love Disney and truly the prices aren't that much more than other cruise lines. However, I can get an oceanview room on Princess for the same price as an inside cabin on Disney. I just wonder if a ship that goes to Alaska more often would be better suited. I am just torn. I want to do Alaska but I also love my warm weather!!!!

finally, my docs are supposed to arrive tomorrow......better now than never! i am 50% packed and all 3 kids now have halloween costumes. my kids are 5, 7 and 9 years old. we are flying down fri night. i only have 862 more things to do before the flight on friday! i can't wait to get on the ship!

Hi all! We leave on Friday as well (with schmoopiecat). I was supposed to come home and do laundry tonight. Didn't happen. I told my DH that it almost seems surreal. We spent a year and a half planning for this trip and now, only 4 days til we head to Orlando and our vacation begins. WOW!!!! Anyway, I told DH that I'd work on laundry tomorrow night (after my and Lilli's hair appointments) and Wednesday night and, if I have to, on Thursday night too. Wednesday we're packing and Thursday we've got mani's/pedi's. I'm so very excited!!!!!!! It has been such a pleasure being able to plan with you all. I am looking forward to meeting all of you on board and will see you at 3pm at the Promenade Lounge. Safe travels to all of you!!!!!!!

AJWASPOOH - Please send me a private message confirming your cell phone number so I can call you once on the ship. Would love our girls to meet at the pool like we discussed. :)

Kristi

Lisa-- here are our shirts
These are the DH's shirts

These are the girls

This is my sister in laws

and MINE--which has something written on the final draft..MNSSHP I think..LOL

The girls are orange and the rest of us are in black shirts.....

OK so I pulled out my 2007 MNSSHP brochure and map and it says 8:15 and 10:30--maybe its still the same. Also remind me where is the emporium?
We will be there with bells on. Glad I saved this map...reminding me of things the girls will wanna see

Love the shirts! We'll be wearing our Disney name tags in addition to our alien gear. Lila will be in a pin t-shirt that has a skull and crossbone on it (she is going as goth girl - I have no idea what that means exactly :confused3)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter