• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oct 3, 2009 Wester Carribean

ok, this was totally out of time sequence since i was so behind...looks like you are all doing tshirts for the older kids...Alan will have one just in case he wants to wear....

So excited. Anne and I leave on Tuesday after work (hoping to catch the fireworks from the BLT Top of the World Lounge (fingers crossed for a magical express miracle :-) )...Rob and Alan will be leaving on Thursday since Alan is still in school this week.

LisaG, i will keep my eye out for you at Epcot on Wednesday.

Looking forward to meeting you all in 3D soon!

We'll be wearing matching shirts - me, Jen and Lila in hot pink Disney logo shirts and Mike and Darrell in dark blue Disney logo tees :cool1: (Making everyone wear matching shirts helps with scrapbooking :lmao:)

Anyone planning to book Alaska while on board? I have a cabin on hold but I just don't know. I love Disney and truly the prices aren't that much more than other cruise lines. However, I can get an oceanview room on Princess for the same price as an inside cabin on Disney. I just wonder if a ship that goes to Alaska more often would be better suited. I am just torn. I want to do Alaska but I also love my warm weather!!!!

We decided not to wait - we booked the LA to Vancouver repo and the first Alaska cruise today :banana:

Well, I just finished packing! :rotfl: I am going to bed soon, then tomorrow we will be on our way to CBR! We will be doing MNSSHP on Thurs, staying at the Radisson on Fri, then finally board the Magic! I hope you all have a great week, and I will see you Saturday!

Okay, I am officially behind. Patrick had to play at the freshman football game tonight, so that took away time that I needed to be working on stuff. Tomorrow night is Payton's last baseball game for the fall. Wednesday night is church. That leaves Thursday night-:eek:. Somehow, I'll get everything done. I've got my adult FE gifts finished. I'm going to put my address cards in my gift when we get to the cabin, or I may just drop them in when I deliver my gifts. I've got to finish a couple more kid's FE gifts and then they are ready. I finally decided tonight what we would wear for our family photo (other than formal night). Now to finish laundry so I can pack stuff. I still have 3 1/2 days of work left. I don't want to have to do anything Friday, except load the Expedition and then go.

I've got everything arranged with the band director to take Patrick after half-time. As soon as they march, I am going to march him right out of the stadium to our car. Atlanta is a 4 hour minimum drive from where their game is located. Include the hour lost in the time change and we will be lucky to have 4-5 hours of sleep. I can catch up on my sleep by the pool next week :).

Still have to do my lesson plans for the week we return, but that will not be a problem. Mom is picking up Payton's pants from getting hemmed tomorrow. I still need to find Patrick some black pants for formal night. The pair I bought him Sunday do not fit. Knowing my luck, I'll be going Thursday night and finding some.

Don't know what we will do about rebooking. With Patrick in band, it is hard to plan ahead. Also, we do not know if we are going to get a fall break next year or the year after. I guess we will wait and see what is offered while on board.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

Gena

Ok everyone a NEW updated FE list is on the web page.....it has the decks in order from 1-8 making it easier when delivering knowing you got everyone. The late listers are on the bottom --only cause not everyone is doing them. But I wanted them on the FE list. I have made a copy for my door so when Kim changes rooms again she can document it....:lmao::rotfl: Remember to look at my door and all changes in by 9pm sat please. If u change and r at the meet and greet I will just change it then as I will bring the list.

Ok well off to get ready for work!! last day before vacation!! give me a whoot whooot! :dance3: Fun is I can hear you all doing it..:rotfl:..ok so maybe those are my own voices in my head.:confused3

TTFN

Michelle,

Thanks again for all of your hard work on the web page and the FE list. I know it took time to do all of this. It is greatly appreciated:).

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday. The days are going by, but not quickly enough!

Gena

Okay, I am officially behind. Patrick had to play at the freshman football game tonight, so that took away time that I needed to be working on stuff. Tomorrow night is Payton's last baseball game for the fall. Wednesday night is church. That leaves Thursday night-:eek:. Somehow, I'll get everything done. I've got my adult FE gifts finished. I'm going to put my address cards in my gift when we get to the cabin, or I may just drop them in when I deliver my gifts. I've got to finish a couple more kid's FE gifts and then they are ready. I finally decided tonight what we would wear for our family photo (other than formal night). Now to finish laundry so I can pack stuff. I still have 3 1/2 days of work left. I don't want to have to do anything Friday, except load the Expedition and then go.

I've got everything arranged with the band director to take Patrick after half-time. As soon as they march, I am going to march him right out of the stadium to our car. Atlanta is a 4 hour minimum drive from where their game is located. Include the hour lost in the time change and we will be lucky to have 4-5 hours of sleep. I can catch up on my sleep by the pool next week :).

Still have to do my lesson plans for the week we return, but that will not be a problem. Mom is picking up Payton's pants from getting hemmed tomorrow. I still need to find Patrick some black pants for formal night. The pair I bought him Sunday do not fit. Knowing my luck, I'll be going Thursday night and finding some.

Don't know what we will do about rebooking. With Patrick in band, it is hard to plan ahead. Also, we do not know if we are going to get a fall break next year or the year after. I guess we will wait and see what is offered while on board.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

Gena

Gena we are trying to get to Atlanta before rush hour but who knows we may be right there with you!
Mindi

Just in case I don't get on here before you all leave on Wednesday. We are wishing everyone who is leaving tomorrow a safe journey to Florida!!!:)

Jennifer Carlson and Family

Anybody remember the WDW commercial that was on tv a couple of years ago where the little kid is too excited to sleep & than the dad says the same thing? That's where I'm at. Awake before 5 again & I don't go to work until noonish. I guess I'm too excitted to sleep.

I looked at my countdown chain last night & started giggling. I couldn't stop & almost wet my pants. DH said I was getting silly & needed to go to bed. He's just as excited, but just doen't let it out. I'm hoping the cruise will bring out his inner child...I wish mine would quit playing with matches. Another hot flash - I need a pool to jump into!
See ya all on Saturday. Maybe I'll get some sleep between now & then.

Anyone planning to book Alaska while on board? I have a cabin on hold but I just don't know. I love Disney and truly the prices aren't that much more than other cruise lines. However, I can get an oceanview room on Princess for the same price as an inside cabin on Disney. I just wonder if a ship that goes to Alaska more often would be better suited. I am just torn. I want to do Alaska but I also love my warm weather!!!!

I'm still debating Mindi. My DH has been wanted to go to Alaska for awhile now. Do you think I will be ok to wait to book on board, have you heard how fast the rooms are going? When are you planning on going? I'm with you on the warm weather, I'm not sure I want to go on a cruise and have to wear a jacket. But I hear it is beautiful.

Yesterday I reported that my house was 50% clean. I have to change that, now it's only about 20% clean. Long story but I had to help my son move some stuff last night out of the house he's renting and he and one of his friends will be staying here while we're gone. I'm thinking I won't bother do too much cleaning before I leave because with two young men staying here who knows what the house will look like when I get back.

I too am thinking about attending the spa raffle or maybe I can send my DH or MIL so I can go to the meet. I need a massage really bad so I would love to win one.

I've decided to take the whole day off on Wednesday instead of half of it.:banana: I probably wouldn't accomplish anything anyway.

See you all Saturday!!! Heather D - hopefully we'll see you Friday!

Terri

I wish I could say I was more excited....but we leave tomorrow and I have so much to do today. Today's the day...it will get done...I will be excited when I go to bed tonight! It's seems surreal to me too, we booked in May of 2008 and now it's here! The loads look really good for the flight tomorrow (we have to fly stand by) so at least I'm not stressed about that. Here's the plan for today (I feel like if I type it for all to see then I HAVE to get busy:rotfl:)
Get the kids off to school (Riley and Bailey, Ashley's long gone)
Go to the Gym for 45 minutes (it's the last time I'll be able to go before we leave, anyone think I'll be able to loose 5 pounds with one 45 minute workout?)
Come home, change the litter box, clean the bathrooms, sweep/vaccum the floor, mop the floor, finish packing, balance the checkbook and pay bills...
somewhere in there I have to pick up Bailey from school at noon, pick up Ashley from school at 2:40 and take her straight to the DMV for her re-take (luckily her glasses came yesterday), get to the bank to get cash, and drag Riley away from Amaya's house (which is always a difficult task--that girl gives me the dirtiest looks when I come to pick her up :sad2:) Sound doable? Well, it WILL GET DONE, I WILL BE EXCITED WHEN I GO TO BED TONIGHT!
OK, off to start on my list...
Andrea

Right, I am officially on vacation. I took half a day vacation time today and after work went straight to one of the airport hotels. We have a Club Level Room and I am sitting in the Club Lounge drinking a juice drink that I really like, but would not buy as it is so expensive. DH is still at work and I hope that he is staying there a bit longer. It is his birthday on Tuesday and his present is currently charging in the hotel room.

I am so glad that everything is done now. I was getting so stressed that I was no longer looking forward to the vacation. Between stuff that needed doing at work and last minute preparations, I just did not think I would ever be ready in time. I finished off the last bits this morning, but now I can just relax and look forward to our big adventure. I only got around to getting my MNSSHP ticket yesterday. I can pick this up the same time as my annual pass.

On Saturday morning DH suddenly thought that he needed to think about excursions for our upcoming cruise. I was able to make our reservations in late June and he has shown zero interest in excursions so far. Suddenly with a week to go, he is talking excursions. I had booked a dolphin excursion for myself at Cozumel and the parasailing for both of us at Castaway Cay. Key West we are just going to do on our own and I had no plans for Grand Cayman. DH has now decided to come to Chankanaab with me via the Dolphin Observer Excursion and will just explore the park. For Grand Cayman we have now booked Boatswain's Adventure Marine Parkfor both of us.

I just did online check in for our flights and it said that our flight is overbooked and they are looking for volunteers to fly on a later flight. I have to discuss this with DH. If the compensation is good and they provide a hotel here, we might actually consider it. Last time we did this, we got free flights and were upgraded as well. As the ship does not set sail until Saturday, this would be possible provided they can guarantee to get us there on Thursday.

Fortunately my lucky star seems to be shining bright at the moment. Last month I had ordered a new Fish Extender and three pillowcases from Ebay. Two weeks ago I received the two pillowcases that I ordered for somebody else. As of today, mine and the Fish Extender still had not arrived. With half an hour to go, our secretary passed me a note from the post office that they are holding a package with a customs charge. So I quickly went up to the mail office. The item was not actually the package with the Fish Extender, but I spotted this sitting on a shelf. It was supposed to go out for delivery tomorrow. Fortunately they let me have it. I really love my new Fish Extender. Now I have to make a decision which Fish Extender to use as I have them both in my suitcase now.

There has been other news as well. My sister is pregnant. I am both very excited and a bit scared. She has a few health issues which could make a pregnancy interesting to say the least.

Right, I better get going. We will have dinner at a great Chinese restaurant here at the hotel and then we will get an early night. I might check in every now and again during our vacation as I have the laptop with me, but then again I might be too busy having a great time.

Corinna

I'm still debating Mindi. My DH has been wanted to go to Alaska for awhile now. Do you think I will be ok to wait to book on board, have you heard how fast the rooms are going? When are you planning on going? I'm with you on the warm weather, I'm not sure I want to go on a cruise and have to wear a jacket. But I hear it is beautiful.

See you all Saturday!!! Heather D - hopefully we'll see you Friday!

Terri
MIL has been dying to do an Alaskan cruise, so we currently have 2 verandahs on hold from yesterday. However, the price is just so HIGH and the cruise doesn't necessarily hit the places I want to go. In terms of priorities, I don't think sailing with Disney will trump the other aspects this time. We'll most likely be looking into other lines who've been doing this for awhile - lines that compare to Disney, that is...no Carnival for us! But, I'm interested in what they're going to offer as onboard incentives.

I think there should be some staterooms available still. My TA didn't have too hard a time getting rooms for us yesterday and many will probably come available on Friday since the deposits are due on Thursday. Actually, my TA got us a stateroom on the PC cruise, too, but at $11,000+ for 4 of us, we figured we just couldn't swing it.

Terri - I'm thinking positively and I'll say "See you Friday!" Maybe I should print out your family picture and wander around with it, holding it up to various families to see if they match! :rotfl2:

girls off to school...check
gym....check
litter box....check
clean bathrooms....check

OK, I feel I'm getting somewhere now!

So much to do and not sure it will all get done before we leave. Never got everyone packed over weekend. Have parent teacher conference tonight. Have one trip to store still. Work tomorrow and half day Thursday then vacation. Need to go by credit union to get cash still. DH was to do that today bit did not get done. Guess I should have taken all day Thursday off.
Michelle. No more room change for us. We are happy where we are.

Guess I better get back to work

Kim

Hi everyone, Just need to vent and I have no where else to do it. I had all our money in an ING acct for the trip, and transferred it all over to my TD bank Checking account which I want to use for my shipboard acct. Now they did something over the weekend and no ones deposits are hitting their bank accounts!!!!!!! :scared1::headache::mad:Can you say I am in a huge panic!!!! We dont leave until Thursday our flight is as 7am, but that is all our money, ING doesnt have it they show it as it being sent to the bank, the bank doesnt have it!! They say they are working on it. !!!! I told them we were leaving Wed nite. Please say a few prayers that this gets cleared up!!! Not sure what will happen , but we will surely need some drinks at the sail away for sure!!
AAAAHHH!! :mad::headache::mad::scared::drinking1

Ok got off early today--was all caught up. So I left an hour early!! Soo I went and had a pedi and mani.....ahhhh heaven!!! No just to make dinner and run it to sydney at the dance studio. Woohoo we are getting close! My nails look cute my feet are spoiled....wow best $60 spent!!!

Marianne will be thinking and hoping for ya!!

Andrea---get busy!!!! LOL

OK so thought hmmmm maybe I will send DH and BIL to the spa and we'll come to the meet. So we have never gone to the spa....is it just to sign up for a drawing? Or what would the DH have to do???? OK off to make dinner BBL

I just found out today that our flight is getting in earlier to Orlando. We did have a 3 hour layover:headache: but now it is only 55 minutes. Thank goodness cuz I didnt know how we were going to keep our 3 year old occupied for that long!!! Now I can meet you at the airport Michelle. We should be in the same terminal.

I just have one more day of work and then we can leave:woohoo: I have charged the camcorder, camera and phones (ofcourse we are bringing the cords with us), so I think I am all set.

Marianne I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!!!

Everyone who is leaving tomorrow have a safe trip and see you on the ship!!!!:goodvibes

Hi everyone, Just need to vent and I have no where else to do it. I had all our money in an ING acct for the trip, and transferred it all over to my TD bank Checking account which I want to use for my shipboard acct. Now they did something over the weekend and no ones deposits are hitting their bank accounts!!!!!!! :scared1::headache::mad:Can you say I am in a huge panic!!!! We dont leave until Thursday our flight is as 7am, but that is all our money, ING doesnt have it they show it as it being sent to the bank, the bank doesnt have it!! They say they are working on it. !!!! I told them we were leaving Wed nite. Please say a few prayers that this gets cleared up!!! Not sure what will happen , but we will surely need some drinks at the sail away for sure!!
AAAAHHH!! :mad::headache::mad::scared::drinking1

Something similiar happened right before our first cruise - Wamu's computer system crashed. It all worked out for us and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too!! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter