• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oct 3, 2009 Wester Carribean

Hi everyone, Just need to vent and I have no where else to do it. I had all our money in an ING acct for the trip, and transferred it all over to my TD bank Checking account which I want to use for my shipboard acct. Now they did something over the weekend and no ones deposits are hitting their bank accounts!!!!!!! :scared1::headache::mad:Can you say I am in a huge panic!!!! We dont leave until Thursday our flight is as 7am, but that is all our money, ING doesnt have it they show it as it being sent to the bank, the bank doesnt have it!! They say they are working on it. !!!! I told them we were leaving Wed nite. Please say a few prayers that this gets cleared up!!! Not sure what will happen , but we will surely need some drinks at the sail away for sure!!
AAAAHHH!! :mad::headache::mad::scared::drinking1

Marianne- Hoping for the best outcome to your situation and for a fast recovery of your funds!

Michelle- your daughters dance, sounds just like our dance day on Wednesday. It sometimes feels like an all nighter. We go from 3:45pm to 8:30:scared1:, of course there is a break in between their classes.

Andrea- Maybe I should make a list like you. I can't seem to get anything done:confused3.

I would be interested to know what you have to do for the Spa drawing too. May send my parents and have my family come to the meet.

Well I am off to finish packing and get dinner.

Jennifer Carlson

ok...so I packed the formal wear....if we look wrinkled on formal night---sorry....our formal wear will be packed till sat so I may send the suits to be pressed...we'll see how well a steaming shower works or my downy wrinkle release...LOL

Well I am getting the kids to brush teeth, get pj's on, and the in bed. I am contemplating packing the car tonight to get it outta the house to be able to sweep floors....plus one less thing tomorrow to do! Gonna go laundry tonight and fold in the morning. Ok I am soooo ready!

Robin, I will see you at the airport......remember I will have traveled with 4 girls....I may need my drink of the day in the terminal....LOL

MIL has been dying to do an Alaskan cruise, so we currently have 2 verandahs on hold from yesterday. However, the price is just so HIGH and the cruise doesn't necessarily hit the places I want to go. In terms of priorities, I don't think sailing with Disney will trump the other aspects this time. We'll most likely be looking into other lines who've been doing this for awhile - lines that compare to Disney, that is...no Carnival for us! But, I'm interested in what they're going to offer as onboard incentives.

I think there should be some staterooms available still. My TA didn't have too hard a time getting rooms for us yesterday and many will probably come available on Friday since the deposits are due on Thursday. Actually, my TA got us a stateroom on the PC cruise, too, but at $11,000+ for 4 of us, we figured we just couldn't swing it.

Terri - I'm thinking positively and I'll say "See you Friday!" Maybe I should print out your family picture and wander around with it, holding it up to various families to see if they match! :rotfl2:

I have rooms on hold but I think I am going to just wait and see what happens onboard. I think my 4 year old needs to be a little older so it might be better to wait.

Well everyone, thanks for you positive thoughts. I:thumbsup2t worked our dough in the bank and we are ready to go!!! Half day of work stop at the bank, and off we go!!! We will be at the port orleans thurs fri, only doing disney on Fri, All you folks headed to the mnshp party have a great time, we have done that and its a blast. See you all sat!!!! Cant wait!!!! It's almost Miller Time!!
as the song goes. gonna have my toes in the wates A** in the , a cold beer in my hand , Life is good today!
:cool1:

A bit of a lurker herepopcorn::, sorry. It is great to hear everyone getting ready and the last minute items seems to be working out.

I think for the spa drawing you just have to be present for their presentation. I am going to be there as it is DH birthday :bday:on the 9th and he really really needs a message. I am going to get him one,:ssst: but winning some Spa credit would be great. He works for UPS and his back and knees are just killing him the last few weeks more than normal. Sounds like a few of us will be there. Best of luck to you all. It would be great is someone from our board wins:lmao: (well great for anyone who wins but someone from our board would be even better).

We plan to arrive at the port at 10:15. I am going to inquire about an upgrade to a verandah,:confused3 but I doubt we will be moving cabins unless it is less than $300. Seeing how we paid for a category 12, I doubt it will work out. We have two cabins and would keep the FE on the cabin we do not change, if by some great fortune we did get to upgrade.

I am deciding on what to book while on board. My mom, sister and her kids, my grandmother with me and my three youngest kids are booked on the Feb 21 4 nights and then doing Universal for three days afterward (sister wants to see Universal). I may book a dummy date while onboard. I want to do the PC but do not want to tie up the :scared1:$2400 deposit right now. I would like to try the new ship on a four night or another Western in 2011. We are also about to book a 7 night eastern with Carnival on their new ship Dream for Late August 2010 (much cheaper for a family 5). This is my second cruise ever and I am hooked. A bit apprehensive about Carnival as I have only cruised Disney. By adding my oldest to this trip last minute has cost an unexpected $1500, yikes. So that changed my cruising plans. Any ideas. Would going Carnival be a mistake? :confused:

DS20 is a “rocking” :rockband: 20 year old who we just added two weeks ago. He turns 21 December 30th. I was surprised he wanted to come as this is not his “thing” :cool:but he is great about trying new things. I think he may even be excited. Beer in Cozumel may have boosted his spirits.:drinking1 He is a blond/copper color who has dyed his hair black. He likes the jeans with holes and such so he may come off as ghetto. Gotta love them as they find themselves. If you all see him please make him feel welcome. Anyways, he really is a great loving kid. His name is Michael.

Well we leave the house at 6:30 Thursday morning. I am way behind in what I need to do. Hope I get it all done. Can’t wait to meet everyone! This has all been a lot of fun and I enjoy everyone’s posts. I never did get our pictures up.

DH is kinda short 5’4’’ and has his head shaved and loves Harley Davidson :moped:. I am also short 5’5” and blondish. We should be easy to spot. We have a 3mo old baby girl and a very cute 15mo blond boy who is on his feet from the moment he wakes up. He has been climbing a lot lately so everyone keep eyes out for him not to go overboard. DS11 is taller than both of us and is the California blond. DS11 will be following the newly added DS20 like he is attached at the hip.

See you all soon!!:thumbsup2

Good Morning all!!! I am ready!!!! Just gotta get the kids to school(till 1:30) , make pancakes for them for breakfast, sweep rooms and lock windows, then close up all rooms. We like to keep the cats outta all the bedrooms so that in case anyone has a issue we find it in only a couple locations.

We will be getting to the port at 9:30 so the DH can get our rental car back by 10am. We will be the 4 girls and 2 moms sitting on our luggage waiting for the porter to haul it away. LOL Well I was gonna post a new photo of us but I just never seem to take one....so for the ones who have been here FOREVER, u have already seen my photo but for those who came in within the last 3-6 months...here ya go...LOL I have dyed my hair red and the girls hair is shoulder length now. I will prolly post later but soon I am outta here....not taking the laptop this time....just a hassle thru security and I have enough I have to pull out and show with 8 travelers...
IMG_0370.jpg

See you all real soon!

This is my last post before the cruise :cool1:

See everyone soon!!!

If your at MNSSHP tomorrow look for us in front of the Emporium on Main Street to watch the second parade. (If you are on Main Street facing the castle the Emporium is on the left)

:hourglass2 half days left of work - 1 bag left to pack - DH is off tomorrow so he will clean the house (he does a better job than I ever could) 1 last load of laundry :laundy: load the car & head out to BWI Froday morning. It was such a long time ago that we booked this cruise. I can't believe it if finally time to go. Safe travel to all. See you Saturday we be sailing soon! :sail:

Hi everyone! Safe travels to you all!!!! :) Lilli and I got our hair cut last night. I got mine colored (just to hide the grays - LOL). Same color as norm, just a little more golden (that's where the grays are - LOL). Tonight I'm picking up my formal gown and then it's packing night for me. :) Tomorrow night is mani/pedi night and then Friday we load up the van (after I clean it cause dang there's alot of junk in there) and head out.

As for the port. My father-in-law isn't too in a hurry. :( BUT, I'm going to do all I can to push for us to leave no later than 9 to head back to the airport so we can get on one of the first busses out. So, if everything goes according to my plans, we'll probably be at the port around 10:30-11. I'll be looking for all of you! :) If not in the terminal then around the pool. :)

I'm so looking forward to the relaxing time and meeting all of you! Only today and tomorrow left of work! Woo Hoo!!!!!!

Take care all! :) Kristi

We should be at the port around 9:30. Cars have to be back at 10. DH will drop kids and I off at the port and then him and FIL will return cars and come back on the shuttle.
Only have day and half of work left. Church tonight and try to finish packing. Clean house tomorrow. Pack car and off to airport Friday morning.
Have to get some work done. Will check in later.
Kim

:woohoo:Ok so if Kim is getting to the port at 9:30 then I guess I have to be there at 9:15....:lmao::rotfl2:

Well here is my last post. I have mobile web but everytime I try coming to the DIS and sign in it says that I put in the wrong passsword. So I still will post to facebook over the next few days...so fellow dis'ers on FB ---u are not rid of me yet...:rotfl: Waiting for SIL to get here in the next 30 mins....omg packed the van...absolutely NO:sad2: room.....the kids feet will be on luggage, my SIL will have bags at her feet, not sure where the babies feet will go cause a med piece of luggage is shoved in front of her....oh boy I must take a photo of us in this van. I hope my butt end of the van isn't dragging on the road on the ride up to detroit:lmao:

OMG can u believe it, we are finally going!! wOOHOO:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Sorry a bit of excitement!!:yay::dance3:

Robin see you tomorrow morning at the airport....I will be wearing a navy stripped shirt and capri's(or jeans), and the girls will have on black skull t-shirts....hope that helps....ttfn

See ya all real soon!!!

I just wanted to wish everyone a safe trip :banana: I think I am the only one flying in on Saturday :confused3 Oh well..just hold that ship for me...Robin and Michelle, I'm counting on you not to let it leave without us:scared1: My DH still has not found us a way from the airport to the port :scared1::scared1: Get me a drink ready..I'm gonna need it...see you all soon :banana::banana::banana:

Norma, we are flying in Saturday morning as well.

Okay, I am in excitement mode. I've officially finished all of my lesson plans for the week we return, as well as my newsletter:teacher:. I never have them done this early! I made a list of things I still have to do as I was waiting to get my hair cut this afternoon, and it is too long!!! I am going to be one busy lady the next 2 days.

Only 1 1/2 days of work for me. I am so ready to get out of here. I still have to get the guys packed. I've got my stuff about ready, except for my formal stuff, which I will wait until last minute to put in the bag.

Our flight lands at 9:22, so as soon as we can find our towncar transport, we will be on our way to the port. Last time we were the first or second people in line at the gate, waiting for them to let us in. I just hope we will be able to get a single digit boarding number by the time we get there.

Gena

Norma - Your not alone we aren't leaving until Saturday either....it's been hard seeing all the others in the group on their way....jealous much! That I am. :rotfl2:Our time will be here soon.

I have myself and the boys packed, all that's left I think is DH's stuff. I am sure I am going to stress the next 2 days over what I might have forgotten, but once we get on the boat I am confident that won't matter. :cool1:

We have 2 days to go, the next two days are going to actually be easier for me as far as work. I keep kids and I'll only have 2 tomorrow and Friday and friday they will both be gone early:woohoo: I am so ready for me mani & pedi on Friday night....that when the vacation pretty much begins:cool1:

Now I am off to finish dinner and try to relax a little tonight

:earboy2:

I just wanted to wish everyone a safe trip :banana: I think I am the only one flying in on Saturday :confused3 Oh well..just hold that ship for me...Robin and Michelle, I'm counting on you not to let it leave without us:scared1: My DH still has not found us a way from the airport to the port :scared1::scared1: Get me a drink ready..I'm gonna need it...see you all soon :banana::banana::banana:

Norma:
Our fly arrive to MCO at 6:30 am from Ponce Puerto Rico, I think we need a tons cups of coffee :eek:, we leaved home 12:30 am
take care and see you really soon:grouphug:
Beda

OK this is my official last post. We are going to bed early because if have to be up and out of the house by 4:30am...yikes!!!!

Hope everyone that is remaining has a safe flight out and see everyone at the meet on Saturday!!!:goodvibes

Dont worry Norma, I wont let the ship leave without you!!!!!!:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter