• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oct 3, 2009 Wester Carribean

We are in the car traveling home! We had such a blast. Thanks to everyone for all the great stuff in the Fish Extenders!

Carol, Craig, Alex and Mitchell -- thanks for letting us crash your snorkeling trip.

I hope to be getting some new pictures up soon!
Mindi

We have arrived at Animal Kingdom Lodge and I am sitting here with one eye on the laptop and one eye on the Savannah. There is nothing quite like looking out of your window and seeing Zebras and Giraffes. We had a wonderful cruise and I am a little sad that it is over.

Corinna

Back home and not happy about it!!!!:sad1: We had such a great time and met a lot of wonderful people!!!! Booked on board and cant wait for the next cruise! Mexican Riviera here we come!!!!:banana::banana:

OK....so we got in about 8pm, fed the kids subway cause well umm frig is EMPTY!!!:scared1: Couldn't sleep cause the ship wasn't rocking me to sleep! :sad2: Actually at times I still feel like I am swaying.... :rotfl:

So I rebooked with Robin......we started our Mexican Riviera dis board for our sail date as we sat at the airport....:thumbsup2 Hey what are girls to do with hours to wait!! Kick Matt off the computer and take over----mutiniy(sp)!!:woohoo: I miss Mickey Mouse, and U too Robin....:sad1:

Got second load of laundry going and 2 totes down to put things in I use on the cruise....I am so going to try and take ONLY what I need this next time. Well besides all the meds I never use but couldn't imagine not having for the girls!! Had such a good time with the FE. We have some creative Dis'ers....thank you Carol for the blanket....LOve it Love It!! Football games here I come with my awesome Mickey blanket!! And Pam thanks for the sweatshirt....wore it home on the plane!!:love: I have gotten so many compliments on it already!! I am using Terri's coasters as I type!! and even though it's only 3am I am gonna sit and go through the FE stuff....like seperate piles for the kids to take to their rooms and the I am not sharing pile:lmao: I have learned I am skipping goodiw bags and sticking with the door hangers, keychains,postcards, and jewelry since it all packs easily and I will be hitting the West Coast next cruise.

So far it's me, Mindi, Robin and a guest to be named later ...lol on the Mexican Riviera-10/2/11............anyone else wanna join???

Ok well off to mess with the mess on my LR floor....Oh how it is driving this anal organized individual NUTS!!!!!!

TTFN for now...BBL

We had an early start today. DH ran the Race for the Taste 10K today. I went along to watch the start and then took the shuttle over to the finishing line at Epcot. This was really an experience. We don't have his precise time yet, but we think he did it in just over an our. I was thinking about doing Epcot today, but we came back to AKL after the post race picnic and have spend most of the morning sitting on the balcony watching the animals. I am about to head of to Animal Kingdom to do Expedition Everest. Tonight we will eat at Boma again.

I booked two cruises while I was on the Magic: the Eastbound Transatlantic just for me and an Eastern Caribbean for both of us in 2011. DH does not know about the second cruise yet. This is his Christmas present.

I have just downloaded all the photos from my camera and I am just uploading them onto Photobucket so that they are at the ready when I am back home and ready to do my trip report.

Corinna

I think we should all post our favorite vacation photo!!!!! I am still transferring my photos from my cameras.
Mindi

Just got home and unpacking. Thanks for all those great FE gifts!! It was great meeting all of you! We rebooked for 10/1/11, but really thinking of moving to mex rev. with the rest. have to work on camera, and unpacking, boys back to school tomorrow, and I took tomorrow off, so no work till tuesday. Hope all had a good trip home.
Kim

Just got home and unpacking. Thanks for all those great FE gifts!! It was great meeting all of you! We rebooked for 10/1/11, but really thinking of moving to mex rev. with the rest. have to work on camera, and unpacking, boys back to school tomorrow, and I took tomorrow off, so no work till tuesday. Hope all had a good trip home.
Kim

Come on Kim, come over to the Wonder on 10/2/2011!!!

What frame? I am still going through it all....what am I missing? Being in the dungeon I think I missed somethings...LOL

We got in about 4:30 this afternoon & are working on laundry. I think the cats are happy to have us home.
We booked Alaska for May 2011. DH didn't do the hot weather too well, so he surprised me with the Alaska cruise the night of The Golden Mickies. The cruise leaves 2 days after our 35th anniversary, so we will be celebrating on The Wonder. Anybody else going?
It is so cool that when I read all the posts I can hear the voice in my mind. It's almost like being together again.
We had so much fun & it was great finally meeting everyone. Thanks to all for the FE gifts. It was pretty neat to see what was left everytime we returned to our cabin.
I forgot to tell everyone, we were chosen as family of the week. :woohoo:We had sooooo much food in our cabin. Every afternoon it was something different.
Well the washer is done - time for the next load.
TTFN
Trina

Hey all! We also arrived home today around 4:30pm. We had an awesome time! My family really enjoyed meeting each and every one of you. And thank you to all for the FE gifts. The girls (and the adults) always got excited when new items arrived in our FE. :) The gifts were so very creative. :) Thank you!!!!!!

Well, we rebooked for the Oct. 2nd Mexican Riviera trip on the Wonder. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out Michelle and Robin (who I ran into while they were rebooking) were going on this trip too. Then, Michelle told me some others of our DIS group are going as well. Way cool!!!!!

Well, we're working on laundry and such and when we have a little time we'll put a picture or two up here for your viewing pleasure.

Talk to you all later! Kristi

Hey all! We arrived home safe and sound, if a little bummed that we're no longer sailing with Mickey and friends. But, the plus side is we made some great friends along the way. I'm just sorry I didn't get a chance to meet more of you in person (and I didn't even win anything at the darn spa raffle I skipped the meet for).

A special shout out to wareagle, with whom Josh (DS) bonded each night at dinner before we figured out she was a DISer - it's always nice to find out we'd've been friends even without a DIS connection!

I managed to do ALL the the laundry today - a FIRST for me, in all of the years we've been travelling, as we normally never return home to a weekend day. But, it waits in the laundry room to be packed away tomorrow night...

We did not rebook onboard. Last time we didn't and ended up booking this cruise 4 months later, but this time, if we book anything, it will be Alaska and I'm fairly certain it'll be through another cruiseline. If we do anything Disney for 2011, it may be WDW again (or maybe I'll have to convince Carmine to take me to Disneyland Paris for our 40th birthdays??? Hmmm, I'll have to work on that one!)

It was so wonderful getting to know y'all! And it added so much to the cruise, to have a connection to people and not feel isolated. Thanks for that and for letting me be a part of the community.

:grouphug:Heather

we had such a blast! thanks for all the great FE stuff! we got such awesome things- CD's, t-shirts, bookmarks, handmade things and personalized stuff! made our candy and necklaces look like chump change!

thanks for such great memories!

Well, we made it home too. After we got off the ship on Saturday we drove straight to Blizard Beach. The girls were so excited (they didn't know we were going there). We had a good time, then checked into the Hyatt and got to bed early for our 6am flight. Got home by noon and immediately started on the laundry and unpacking and then went grocery shopping, since there would be no menu to order dinner from. :sad2:
We had such a good time on the cruise, and the girls LOVED coming back to the cabin to see what was in the fish extender! Thanks to everyone for making those memories special for us!
I have to try and figure out how to scan our photos that we bought from shutters so I can post those. I'm going to walmart today to develope our pictures. If I don't do it right away, it doesn't get done.
Thanks again to everyone for making, not only the cruise, but the months and months leading up to it special!

We got home on Sat and got all the unpacking and laundry done. Came home to cold weather and I don't like it. Thanks to everyone for the wonderful FE gifts. We all enjoyed the coming back to our cabin to see what would be in there next. Did everyone reveal their SM?

We have booked another cruise for Oct 2010, but with another cruise line. DH's family is going along on this cruise. There should be 7-10 of us going together. They have never cruised before. It was a deal we couldn't pass up.

I was great running into people from the board. The FE’s were so much fun. Everyone did a great job. So many creative people.

DH back to work today in the freezing weather:scared1:. He is a UPS driver, nice welcome home huh. We Flew into Denver around 1:40 to 25 degree weather and snow. We were really missing FL at that time.

We booked the Panama Canal on board.:yay: Now I am devoted to not going out to eat or any extras and saving some money. It will only be DH, me and the two babies. DS11 will have to stay back in school. I have it all planned out how much I have to put away. Now if I can do it.

Have fun on the Mexican Riviera for those who are going.
Everyone else, best of wishes to your next cruise.

Heather--I think some revealed their SM on the cruise!!

Back to the grind stone...worked today arrgghghh I wanna be back onboard!!!!

For any of U I didn't run into and tell.....we had a situation onboard. Monday night Sydney was using the one bathroom so Nelia went to the other and went to brush her teeth. Shut the door and it locked on her. We tried getting it open, the Officer on duty tried and a stateroom host. Nothing!! The lock was stuck! They called maintenance(sp) to our room and after more then 20 minutes they finally got her out. She's 5 and was hysterical, while in there she was so upset and about to puke....it was awful. It took me over 10-15 minutes to calm her. Needless to say, whenever she had to go the bathroom I had to stand and hold the door so it wouldn't shut...from our stateroom to any bathroom onboard. Well being Disney I thought --they'll follow up....weds came and nothing so I went down and was like....awful follow up--no call asking how my 5 yr old traumitized child was. The next day they sent some stuffed animals.....I am like seriously that does not make up for the fact that she is now afraid to shut the bathroom door or to let me shut it when I am using it!!! I am waiting a week and to see how her teacher says she acts at school using the restroom. Then I am gonna follow up with our child psychologist. I plan on writing Disney and just informing them I wasn't happy with the situation and just want them to have a faster response time in place for situations like this. No reason Nelia should have had to go thru that. The next morning before she awoke I shut the door and imagined being locked in and honestly I am not closterphobic(sp) but I would have been scared if I wasn't sure I was getting out. Anyhow that was our bad excitement!!

However we booked the 7nt Wonder Meican Riviera!! I wanted to do Panama Canal but was just a little more then we wanted to spend. I couldn't imagine leaving DD's at home from any cruise. They have homework and get most done on airplane , however the experience of the cruise and meeting so many people from different countries...priceless. Nothing in school gives ya those experiences.!!!

Pam--kids wore their shirts to school today---they were soo excited!!!

Well laundry is almost done--got nothing done today since work, get some groceries and run Sydney to dance from 4-6:30 I guess I am off to finish cleaning up somethings and then off to bed....TTFN,, photos tomorrow! If anyone got pics and my girls are in them in their swimsuits, PLEASE dont publish.....Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter