• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 11, 2014 7-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise on Disney Magic (San Juan)

In terms of FE, I love doing them. I'm in favor of limiting the number of cabins to 20-25. Given that there is only one sea day, (not much xtra time for delivery) and even 25 cabins can be a lot to pack. On past cruises, we have split the large FE groups into 20 or 25 cabins max. I wonder if we can ship a box to the port, that's what we usually do for the FE gifts.

Kiki

I love the idea of smaller FE groups. We did that on our last cruise and it worked out great. I had 23 cabins in my group and it was just enough. There would have been 78 if we stuck together and that would have been way to much for me to worry about. With only one sea day on this trip, I don't want to spend the whole day delivering gifts. Just my opinion!! :goodvibes

Over the last few weeks there have been a number of suggestions for a cruise name. We need to cull the list down to about 5 for a final vote. I will take the top 5 from this vote to establish the candidates for final vote. These are the names that are being voted on over on our Facebook page.

If you are not on the Facebook page feel free to vote here. If you are on the Facebook page be kind to me and cast your vote there only. One vote per person please.

1. 5 Magical Islands with the Mouse
  2. Beasts of the Southern Wild
  3. Calypso Caribbean Castaways
  4. Coastal Confessions Cruise
  5. Daydreamin in the Caribbean
  6. Daytime Tourist - Nite Time Partier
  7. DCL Magic 10/11/14 Southern Caribbean Island Adventure
  8. Flip Flop Paradise Cruise
  9. Island Fever Cruise
  10. Cruisin' the Magic Southern-Style
  11. DisHoppers- Magic's Southern Island Hopping Cruise 2014
  12. Disney's Southern Fab 5
  13. DisPirates in the Southern Caribbean 2014
  14. Island Hopping with The Mouse....Oct. 11th - Oct. 18th, 2014
  15. Magical Columbus Island Adventure
  16. Magical San Juan Sailors
  17. Magical Southern Caribbean Island Adventure
  18. Magical Southern Sailors
  19. Mickey's Magical 5 island Adventure
  20. Mickey's Magical Southern Caribbean Crew
  21. No Shoes Tour
  22. Sailin' the Magic Southern-Style
  23. Southern Caribbean Castaways
  24. Southern Comfort
  25. Southern Scalliwags on the Magic
  26. The Magic, The Mouse, and Me
  27. To Caribbean and Beyond

Just found out dad booked this one for us! I can't wait to be back on the Magic and I'm SO excited about this itinerary!!

capshockeygrl said:
Just found out dad booked this one for us! I can't wait to be back on the Magic and I'm SO excited about this itinerary!!

Welcome aboard! Come on over and join our FB group as well as our Disboards group. The link is on a previous post....

Greetings! My husband and I are booked on this cruise ... totally pumped since we've wanted an itinerary like this for some time. And we are really looking forward to spending a few days in San Juan before the cruise!

No need to include us in any exchanges or whatnot ... that's not really our thing. But wanted to say hi and let you know I may wander back now and then to get some advice.

See ya around! :goodvibes

Brenda

Hi and welcome to the group. Glad to have you. There's lots of fun over on the Facebook page, would like to have you join us there as well.

oybolshoi said:
Greetings! My husband and I are booked on this cruise ... totally pumped since we've wanted an itinerary like this for some time. And we are really looking forward to spending a few days in San Juan before the cruise!

No need to include us in any exchanges or whatnot ... that's not really our thing. But wanted to say hi and let you know I may wander back now and then to get some advice.

Brenda

oybolshoi said:

Brenda

Hey Brenda! Good to see some more cruising buddies on this page! The one thing you may be interested in is the beer tasting party we are planning! Shaping up to be a good one......

Here are the directions...it's so easy!!!
Rules:
Write your name / room number on this
Door magnet (then cross same off the list below) then stick it on a fellow DIS’ers door.Let’s see how many rooms the Gnome can roam
Please return magnet to room 8090 on the last night of the cruise
Disney Cruise Line – Southern Caribbean Cruise
Oct 11-18 2014

I will print off one copy of this magnet, send it room to room with pens, list and lanyard. Send magnet, list, pens, lanyard only to those listed on the list. Return to me before the last night. When we get back, I will scan and post the picture on FB and Disboards so everyone can print out and enjoy their own copy! Enjoy!!!

Once I get names of those interested, I will add them to the list and post so everyone knows who is in!

DisneyMagicSouthernCaribbeanRoamingGnome_zps62814fd3.png

Here are the directions...it's so easy!!!
Rules:
Write your name / room number on this
Door magnet (then cross same off the list below) then stick it on a fellow DIS’ers door.Let’s see how many rooms the Gnome can roam
Please return magnet to room 8090 on the last night of the cruise
Disney Cruise Line – Southern Caribbean Cruise
Oct 11-18 2014

I will print off one copy of this magnet, send it room to room with pens, list and lanyard. Send magnet, list, pens, lanyard only to those listed on the list. Return to me before the last night. When we get back, I will scan and post the picture on FB and Disboards so everyone can print out and enjoy their own copy! Enjoy!!!

Once I get names of those interested, I will add them to the list and post so everyone knows who is in!

DisneyMagicSouthernCaribbeanRoamingGnome_zps62814fd3.png

awesome! We will do it!

Our DD/DSIL are now booked on the cruise with us, hopefully she'll be able to reshop the price when we're on the Fantasy in November. :cheer2:

Hi there, my DH and I will be going on this cruise :cool1: Excited to meet everyone!!! Looks like a great group of happy people :grouphug:
Have a great day :goodvibes

:flower3:

Welcome!
7-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise on Disney Magic Itinerary A
7-night-southern-caribbean-cruise-disney-magic-itinerary-a.jpg

1. San Juan, Puerto Rico
  2. At Sea
  3. St. Johns, Antigua
  4. Castries, St. Lucia
  5. St. Georges, Grenada
  6. Bridgetown, Barbados
  7. Basseterre, St. Kitts

My DH (Mark) and I have booked this cruise, you guys sure look like a lively group it will be SO FUN:dance3:! This will be our 6th cruise with DCL (unless, you know, we get another amazing offer between now and then :rotfl:, then it might become our 7th, or 8th, or ... ;).

I am off to find you on Fb and the FE list too. TTFN.

We are in stateroom 2021. Our family name is Schoenholtz.

Wow, this group is already up to 20 cabins?? And we're 20 months off? OMG, this is clearly a popular itinerary!

Are we going to try to have an on-board meet, or do you think there won't really be enough time?

Do you have any idea of the schedule? I.e., when would Pirate Night, Formal Night, etc., be? We've only done 1 7-night cruise last year ...

mom3girls2000 said:

Wow, this group is already up to 20 cabins?? And we're 20 months off? OMG, this is clearly a popular itinerary!

Are we going to try to have an on-board meet, or do you think there won't really be enough time?

Do you have any idea of the schedule? I.e., when would Pirate Night, Formal Night, etc., be? We've only done 1 7-night cruise last year ...

Welcome! It's really shaping up! We've got lots of stuff planned. Check out our FB group in the events section.... I think the specific nights we will figure out a little closer to sail date.

mom3girls2000 said:

Honestly, it's not very clear here. I think that most people left this thread once the FB page got started (which I am not on). So, although some people try to update us that are back here on the DIS only, it's not the same as participating in the actual planning & conversations.

As far as the schedule goes, I'm sure that when we get closer to sailing someone can call or email DCL and get that info :)

I wish our sea day was the last day instead of the first day but beggars can't be choosers!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Honestly, it's not very clear here. I think that most people left this thread once the FB page got started (which I am not on). So, although some people try to update us that are back here on the DIS only, it's not the same as participating in the actual planning & conversations.

As far as the schedule goes, I'm sure that when we get closer to sailing someone can call or email DCL and get that info :)

I wish our sea day was the last day instead of the first day but beggars can't be choosers!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hey, we are neighbors when I'm in FL, we have a house near Tampa, it's 90 minutes/miles from our driveway to WDW :).

Idk, I know there are a lot of us on Fb, but this forum is pretty lively too, just going by the number of pages and that we are still 20 months out.

I was wondering about the schedule of Pirate night, Formal night, etc., to potentially request a specific dining rotation. I'd hate to not get to dress up for the French menu ... and stuff like that ;).

I agree with you, I'd absolutely <3 the sea day being at the end. Of course if I had my way (not that DCL is asking me, mind you lol), there would be a sea day following each port day LOL.

I agree with you, I'd absolutely <3 the sea day being at the end. Of course if I had my way (not that DCL is asking me, mind you lol), there would be a sea day following each port day LOL.

You do get a 1/2 a sea day near the end. The day at St. Kitts is 1/2 sea day in the morning. We don't get to port until 12:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter