October 17-22 vs Oct 5-10, crowd levels?

GrandBob

Grand events should not go unnoticed
My wife, myself, and a friend were planning to go to DLR Oct 17-22. Got reservations at Embassy Suites. Our friend and I both have birthdays in mid- to late- October, so we were planning a birthday trip.

She (the friend) belongs to a house exchange network, and a house just came up for Oct 5-11. Too early for our birthdays, but that doesn't bother me. However, isitpacked.com shows the earlier week to be significantly more crowded than 17-22. Makes no sense to me; I thought it got more crowded as you get closer to Halloween.

So the issue is - going earlier saves us the cost of rooms at Embassy Suites. Essentially, she trades her house for the house in Villa Park. The tradeoff is that it's a more crowded week, not our birthdays, and the house rental is about 6 miles from DLR, necessitating driving in and parking.

We can evaluate the other tradeoffs, but I'm really asking about crowd levels. Is the first week of Oct really that much worse than the 3rd week?

Thanks, Bob.

Well, traditionally, Gay Days at DL are the first weekend in October, however this year, they have moved the dates to mid-September, so they're not having an impact on the crowd levels in your scenario. I would say holiday and school closures would be the culprits.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a fantastic trip!!

Thank you, everyone! While free accommodations sounds nice, it may not be worth the price. I'll discuss this with my friend and recommend that we keep our original dates and hotel reservations.

I will also throw in the message from up North that October 10th is Thanksgiving in Canada and it is thought to be a great weekend for those in the frozen tundra to migrate South for some heat and Disney fun.

I will also throw in the message from up North that October 10th is Thanksgiving in Canada and it is thought to be a great weekend for those in the frozen tundra to migrate South for some heat and Disney fun.
So what dates would kids in Canada generally have off for that holiday?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter