October 17th, 2023 - 4 Night Halloween on the High Seas Cruise from New York (Canada)

Aww man that navigator looks intimidating. Last time we were on a cruise was 11 years ago before kids so we just kinda winged it. Please tell me it's easier than it looks. 😨

Aww man that navigator looks intimidating. Last time we were on a cruise was 11 years ago before kids so we just kinda winged it. Pleas ok e tell me it's easier than it looks. 😨

It is easier. They don’t offer paper navigators anymore and only these ones shown to certain people. When you use your app to see this info it is more organized by the time of day and you have the option to click a heart on the activity so you will receive a reminder about it shortly before it starts. On the first day once you are able to connect to the ships wifi and are waiting to board the ship you can scroll through all the days of our sailing and start hearting activities you want to do each day.

Here is an example of the app. You can pause the video to see it in detail.

Last edited:
So regarding the kids club. I am reading a blog from 2022 and it mentioned that when registering you also request a time. I don't remember anything about choosing a time and I looked at it again and don't see anything. Is that just old information???

Then I thought I read a while back about longs lines for the kids clubs open house. Is this for people who didn't register online or should we expect lines during the open house?

Ohh and one more. I want to add a gift card to my onboard credit. If we don't use all the funds (doubtful ☺️) will any remaining funds go back to the original Disney rewards card or gift card??

She is on her way for the last sailing before she comes back for us!

Watching her sail away as I pack. :goodvibes

If you are ok with being 10min-15min late to dinner you can watch as we sail past the Statue of Liberty.

IMG_2507.jpeg

IMG_2509.jpeg

Last edited:
So regarding the kids club. I am reading a blog from 2022 and it mentioned that when registering you also request a time. I don't remember anything about choosing a time and I looked at it again and don't see anything. Is that just old information???

Then I thought I read a while back about longs lines for the kids clubs open house. Is this for people who didn't register online or should we expect lines during the open house?

Ohh and one more. I want to add a gift card to my onboard credit. If we don't use all the funds (doubtful ☺️) will any remaining funds go back to the original Disney rewards card or gift card??

Registering for a time in the kids club was during the Covid sailings. They no longer have that in place now thankfully.

If you just want to enter to check out the kids club you can just walk in and not wait in line. Most adults take this time to take a look around. The line is just to confirm your child’s information (secret word) or make any changes before they attend during normal secure programming. They do this confirmation from 12:00-3:30 so you can go anytime during those hours. One of the clubs goes into secure programming after the mandatory drill at 4:00pm While the other continues to offer Open House until 6:00pm.

The last one I don’t have an answer for. We don’t add a gift card to the onboard credit. We just take that card down to guest services every night or every few nights depending on length of cruise and pay off our balance as we go. It helps us keep track of our spending and make sure everything is correctly charged.

Looking at the forecast for our port day we decided to pack some heavier coats. Was planning to just wear some thick sweatshirts but it is looking to be in the upper 40’s when we plan to get off the ship around 9:00am and only mid 50’s at noon.

IMG_2516.jpeg

IMG_2518.jpeg

👉 There is a 12:00 Port Arrival Time available if anyone is looking to move up their arrival time.:thumbsup2

Great! :thumbsup2 What time did you originally have. Was this a much better time?:goodvibes

I just checked it again and now 2:30pm is the earliest time available.
Haha 12:15! But every minute makes a difference!

Are spa and dining bookings now closed until we board? I was checking for some brunch reservations?

Haha 12:15! But every minute makes a difference!

Are spa and dining bookings now closed until we board? I was checking for some brunch reservations?

Very true, I was looking to move up my 11:45am Port Arrival Time if I could have.

Yes, I believe we have to wait until we board to book or change anything now.

Room Service Menu

Everything on the left side is included in the cruise price.
Everything on the right is an additional charge.
Please tip when you receive your items.

Click photo to enlarge:
IMG_2520.jpeg

Are there any menus or anything else on the cruise anyone would like posted about here that they are curious about? Just trying to think of any last minute things to post people might be interested in. :thumbsup2

Are there any menus or anything else on the cruise anyone would like posted about here that they are curious about? Just trying to think of any last minute things to post people might be interested in. :thumbsup2
Do you have the breakfast room service?

👉 Just read from someone currently on the Dream that Trick or Treating will be held in Cabanas. You will enter through the port side doors and walk to the different candy stations in the Buffet to collect your candy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter