October 17th, 2023 - 4 Night Halloween on the High Seas Cruise from New York (Canada)

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
1658839512115.jpeg

:grouphug: Welcome Aboard! :grouphug:

Important dates to remember:

Reminder Castaway Club is able to pre-book onboard activities and shore excursions before anyone else. Pearl level can book 123 days prior to sailing, Platinum level can book 120 days, Gold 105 days, and Silver 90 days. First time cruisers, who are not yet Castaway Club members, may book 75 days. Listed below are the dates for our sailing.

•Online Check In Dates By Castaway Club Status
Pearl - 40 days before sailing
Platinum - 38 days before sailing
Gold - 35 days before sailing
Silver - 33 days before sailing
First time cruisers - 30 days before sailing

IMG_2214.jpeg

👉 Official Fish Exchange List -

What is a Fish Exchange?
https://dclfan.com/onboard-activities/what-in-the-world-is-a-disney-cruise-line-fish-extender/

Please post the following to participate in Fish Exchange -
DISer name
Stateroom # (TBD - if you don’t have a # yet)
List stateroom guests (Kids ages time of cruise)
Please use abbreviations - DH, DW, DS, DD, SIL, MIL, etc…
List favorite interests or characters (Optional)

Group Closes Sept 17, 2023 (30 Days Before Sail Date)
•I will post about a week before the FE closes a question to confirm that you are still participating. If you don’t reply to this you will be removed from the FE list.
•Pixie dust list opens when official list closes.
•Remember check back here the first day of the cruise to see if anyone had a stateroom # change. Not uncommon to try and upgrade your stateroom at the port.
•There is no price point for this Fish Exchange. You can give as little or as much as you wish.
•Must have bag/pouches hanging on your fish outside stateroom to receive FE items. Please do not leave items on the floor outside a stateroom. If no bag present they may have moved staterooms.

Let me know if there is any interest in additional Fish Exchanges. We could do ones like candy, magnet or even adult only exchanges. If you would like one added just let me know and we will see if there is enough interest in it to do.

:welcome:

✅ - They HAVE confirmed participating
❌ - They have NOT confirmed participating/May not receive items.

❗ - They had various issues with confirming participation.

✅•ArielRae

Stateroom# 5020
Me - Loves Mickey Mouse & Ariel
DH - Loves Stitch & Captain America
DS(13) - Loves Mickey Mouse & Roblox

✅•DisOhana21
Stateroom# 8178
We are celebrating my 40th
Our 10th Anniversary
Our 1st Family Disney trip
ME - Cinderella, Mary Poppins and Disney Snacks
DH - Ratatouille & EPCOT
DD (22 months) - Books, Music & Plush, Pluto, Goofy, Minnie, Olaf, Moana, Encanto & Golden Girls (its not Disney but it's a favorite)

✅•Loonyluna
Stateroom# 9172
Me (34) Loves Aladdin, 101 Dalmatians, and Harry Potter
Mom (Adult) Loves Winnie the Pooh and all things Disney

✅•taylanottaylor
Stateroom# 7023
Me - Love all things Disney (Alice in Wonderland, Star Wars, Nightmare before Christmas)
Mom - Loves Olaf and Grogu

✅•MaryBee
Stateroom# 9602
Me: All Disney
DH: Haunted Mansion, Stitch, Anything Pirate

✅Bethonious
Stateroom# 8156
Me - Harry Potter, Star Wars,
DH - Star Wars, Aladdin
DD (6) - Any animal Disney character!

❗ •SheilaHeartsDisney (unable to participate)
Stateroom# 6016
Me: All Disney
DH: All Disney
DS(9): Star Wars, Mickey and gang
DD(9): Stitch!!!!!

❌•FrostedMinnies (not confirmed)
Stateroom# 9588
Mom - Loves: all things Disney!
Dad - Loves: all things Disney!
Nana - Loves: all things Disney!
DS(12) - Loves: Star Wars, Mighty Ducks, Kevin
DD(9) - Loves: Star Wars, Fierce Princesses, Glitter

❗•ladybrgndy (Confirmed Late, Still Wants Participation)
Stateroom# 8678
Me (DW) - WDW, Mary Poppins
DH (His b-day is 10/18) - Haunted Mansion
DD (11) - Minnie, WDW, anything girly, plush

:tink:Pixie Dust List:

Halloween Activities Onboard

Halloween On The High Seas Overview

Mickey’s Mouse-Querade Party Show.
(Video from 2019)

Trick or Treating (Info from Disneycruiselineblog 2019)
015DF936-143A-40BB-92B6-6BE17D758A8C.jpeg

*Message me if you would like anything added to these first three informational pages.

Last edited:
Cruise Parking and Hotels w/ Transfers Options
Links provided for info found on each option.
Post if you know of other options.

:car: Parking On Embarkation Day Options:

~Parking directly at the Manhattan Port- (Reservations Sold Out)
https://nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/parking/

~Parking in NJ & Ferry to Port

PORT IMPERIAL / WEEHAWKEN TO MIDTOWN W. 39TH ST

Ferry Info Link-
https://www.nywaterway.com/PortImperialWeehawkenRoute.aspx

Parking For Ferry Link- $20 a Day (24hr Period)
https://littlemanparking.com/facilities/port-parking-garage/
Parking Address: 500 Avenue at Port Imperial, Weehawken, NJ, USA

Helpful Video Link

🏢
Hotels with Cruise Parking and Port Transfers:

Hotel price quotes for a family of four for 1 night as of: 9/2/2023

Fairfield Inn & Suites North Bergen ($481.09 w/ taxes & fees)
Manhattan Cruise Terminal - Stay-Park-Cruise Package
1707 69th St, North Bergen, NJ 07047
https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/ewrnb-fairfield-inn-and-suites-north-bergen/overview/

Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park ($503.20 w/ taxes & fees)

Park, Stay and Go Package (Not sure if includes port transfers)
100 Route 46 East, Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/rfpnjhx-hampton-ridgefield-park/

-Be sure to call and confirm with the hotel you booked to see how they will handle your transfers to the cruise port after you booked. We have had the hotels change how they handled the transfers from previous trips (private or group van) and also like to confirm they have our reservations and they have us down for transfers.

Last edited:
Helpful Information about your cruise.
Credit going to Disneycruiselineblog for most of the links.

Ship Schedule For Our Port Day
IMG_0680.png

Looks like there will be 3 cruise ships total for that day.
The address for the Berth we will be docked at (Marco Polo Cruise Terminal):
111 Water St
Saint John NB E2L 0B1
Canada

Port Manhattan Live Webcam:
https://www.portnywebcam.com/

Tuesday Oct 17th
New York - Embarkation
Official Manhattan Port Website: https://www.nycruise.com/

Wednesday Oct 18th
Day at sea
Halloween Night (Updated: Pirate Night)

Thursday Oct 19th
Saint John, New Brunswick
Pirate Night (Updated: Halloween Night)

Friday Oct 20th
Day at sea

Saturday Oct 21st
New York - Debarkation

1658841926399.jpeg

2018 Personal Navigator from the Magic sailing:
https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...canadian-cruise-from-new-york-october-9-2018/

Port Adventure Guide:
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/canada-new-england/list/saint-john-new-brunswick/

Container Village Shopping - Right off the ship in port
https://www.area506.ca/container-village

Main Dining Menus:
Royal Palace
Enchanted Garden
Animator’s Palate
Pirates Menu

Walt Disney Theater Shows:

Video links from YouTube
The Golden Mickeys
Beauty and The Beast
Disney’s Believe

Buena Vista Movie Theater:
Movie showing predictions:
Indiana Jones Dial Of Destiny
Elemental - On Disney+ Now
Haunted Mansion - On Disney+ Oct Now
Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3 - On Disney+ Now
The Little Mermaid Live Action - On Disney+ Now

Laundry Locations By Deck:
1688080963931.jpeg

Disney Cruise Gratuities
Gratuities are not included in the price of your cruise and it is appropriate to recognize the great service you'll will receive by the crew throughout your cruise.
The following suggested tips will be automatically added to your account at end of the cruise, but you can adjust these amounts at Guest Services:

Stateroom Attendant - $4.75 per person, per day
Dining Room Server - $4.75 per person, per day
Dining Room Assistant Server - $3.75 per person, per day
Dining Room Head Server - $1.25 per person, per day

Other tips on Disney Cruise Tipping:
· Palo and Remy tips for dining service is NOT automatically added.
· A gratuity of 18% is automatically added to all alcohol, bar tabs and Cove Café orders. You may also add more tip to the receipt you will receive with your order.
· Room service tips are not included. It is proper to give a small tip per order. You can pay in cash or add it to the receipt you will receive with your food.
· Porters and Bus Drivers that help with your bags usually receive a customary tip of $2-$3 per bag.
· It is traditional to tip your tour guides and/or drivers on Shore Excursions. US dollars is accepted so remember to bring some when you get off the ship at ports.
· DO NOT TIP babysitters or kid counselors. They do not expect or accept tips.

Last edited:
HI ArielRae,

I'm Coach and my wife and I just booked this cruise yesterday. We just finished our 16th Disney cruise on the Disney Wish last week and we set a place holder for a future cruise. When we got home we saw this cruise and we figured lets book it because we might not get another chance. We did a 5 night in August of 2012 to Canada and we loved it. As you can see by my avatar I'm sort of a Hockey person... 35 Years teaching and coaching ice, floor and roller hockey. I'm a level 4 USA Hockey instructor. We live in Connecticut about 40 minutes from New York City so its just a hop skip and a jump to get there.

Looking forward to Canada (413 days and counting down)

I am excited to participate in the FE! My family has never been on a cruise before. I hope I'm doing this right!

FrostedMinnies
Stateroom #9588
DS-12 y/o, loves: StarWars, Mighty Ducks, Kevin
DD 9 y/o loves: StarWars, Fierce Princesses, Glitter
Mom, Dad & Nana loves: all things Disney!

Welcome Aboard! @Coach & @FrostedMinnies :grouphug:

-Coach let me know at anytime if you need anything or would like to join our Fish Extender.

-FrostedMinnies let me know at anytime if you need anything. I added your family to our Fish Exchange. You can take a look and make sure everything looks listed ok. I can edit it at anytime if you want to add or delete something.

Hi Everyone,

I'm Shauna aka Iris1974. I originally booked this cruise as a solo cruise on opening day, but my mom who is 89 is ill and I thought it was too far out to go because of her health. I went from February 2023 to Dec. 2022 and now I'm back the original cruise. My older sister and I talked and we thought it might be better to have it further out and if anything happens before hand I can modify the trip. If anything happens when I'm on the cruise I'm only a hop, skip and a jump from Massachusetts where I'm from. My mom broke her hip a little over a month ago and is probably going to need round the clock care by the time the cruise comes. So I don't feel like I'm leaving her alone in our home. Yup I'm 48 and I live with my mom. 🤭 We live together to help each other out with the rent and bills. We get along great and are very good at living together. She has expressed how much she wants me to go, have fun and not worry about her. So it's a go.

Now my solo cruise may become a cruise for 2 because my best friend who lives in Texas has said she want's to go with me and asked her boss if she can have the time off for the cruise on Monday. I haven't heard from her yet, but I'm pretty sure she'll get the days off asking so far in advance. I'm just waiting for the go ahead to contact my travel agent. It's been a while since we have seen each other so we're both hoping it will work out. She has never done anything Disney except going to DLR when she was 8 months old. 👶 She really loves Disney and I want her to have the whole experience. I'm getting her Minnie ears for each day on the ship of her favorite characters. I'm getting for her birthday an Eeyore crossbody bag and a Eeyore lanyard. I got us matching Minnie Mouse pumpkin earrings and a few other things to make the most of our vacation. I also have Minnie ears too and some matching t-shirts with long sleeved t-shirts to go under them. I have been waiting for 9 years (by the cruise it will be a decade.) to go on a DCL cruise and this cruise is my dream cruise to go on. I first didn't have the money to go so I entered every sweepstakes I could find for DCL. Then I was going to go with a friend, but we couldn't get our dates to line up. then I decided to go alone this past year and now my best friend may be going. I researched almost everything about DCL and cruising. So I'm well prepared. I'm just happy I get to go and have a good time with my best friend. 🤩

Sorry for the long post I just wanted to get everything in there. So I'm not the only first time cruiser *waves* at @FrostedMinnies . I love fall so it will be fun for me. I'm not sure how my best friend will like it since she's never really experienced fall in the northern part of the country. It will be a learning experience for her. I'm sure she will be cold and I'll just be in my hoodie and love the weather. 🥶 It's a pleasure to say hi to all of you. Have a great day tomorrow. 😊

Shauna :tink:

Hi Everyone,

I'm Shauna aka Iris1974. I originally booked this cruise as a solo cruise on opening day, but my mom who is 89 is ill and I thought it was too far out to go because of her health. I went from February 2023 to Dec. 2022 and now I'm back the original cruise. My older sister and I talked and we thought it might be better to have it further out and if anything happens before hand I can modify the trip. If anything happens when I'm on the cruise I'm only a hop, skip and a jump from Massachusetts where I'm from. My mom broke her hip a little over a month ago and is probably going to need round the clock care by the time the cruise comes. So I don't feel like I'm leaving her alone in our home. Yup I'm 48 and I live with my mom. 🤭 We live together to help each other out with the rent and bills. We get along great and are very good at living together. She has expressed how much she wants me to go, have fun and not worry about her. So it's a go.

Now my solo cruise may become a cruise for 2 because my best friend who lives in Texas has said she want's to go with me and asked her boss if she can have the time off for the cruise on Monday. I haven't heard from her yet, but I'm pretty sure she'll get the days off asking so far in advance. I'm just waiting for the go ahead to contact my travel agent. It's been a while since we have seen each other so we're both hoping it will work out. She has never done anything Disney except going to DLR when she was 8 months old. 👶 She really loves Disney and I want her to have the whole experience. I'm getting her Minnie ears for each day on the ship of her favorite characters. I'm getting for her birthday an Eeyore crossbody bag and a Eeyore lanyard. I got us matching Minnie Mouse pumpkin earrings and a few other things to make the most of our vacation. I also have Minnie ears too and some matching t-shirts with long sleeved t-shirts to go under them. I have been waiting for 9 years (by the cruise it will be a decade.) to go on a DCL cruise and this cruise is my dream cruise to go on. I first didn't have the money to go so I entered every sweepstakes I could find for DCL. Then I was going to go with a friend, but we couldn't get our dates to line up. then I decided to go alone this past year and now my best friend may be going. I researched almost everything about DCL and cruising. So I'm well prepared. I'm just happy I get to go and have a good time with my best friend. 🤩

Sorry for the long post I just wanted to get everything in there. So I'm not the only first time cruiser *waves* at @FrostedMinnies . I love fall so it will be fun for me. I'm not sure how my best friend will like it since she's never really experienced fall in the northern part of the country. It will be a learning experience for her. I'm sure she will be cold and I'll just be in my hoodie and love the weather. 🥶 It's a pleasure to say hi to all of you. Have a great day tomorrow. 😊

Shauna :tink:

Welcome Aboard! :grouphug:

Hope your friend is able to join you on the vacation and you both have a great trip. Sounds like you have a lot of great things planned. Let me know at anytime if you need anything.:thumbsup2

Thanks @ArielRae. Turns out my friend got the time off from work. So she's going. I'm ecstatic that she can come on the cruise. We've been through a lot together. By the time the cruise comes it will be 17 years we've been friends. She my longest friendship and the best friend I could ever want. It's going to be a great time. Talk to you all later. 🎃

My mom passed away of pneumonia and covid last Saturday night Oct. 15th. She was adamant about me going with my best friend. I'm going to do what she wanted and go on the cruise and have fun for my mom. My family is all for me going. So that support is nice to have. I have to move to another apartment in my complex, but don't know when yet. It's going to be hard going through all the stuff my mom had and stuff in the big closet. My family will help with all of it. I'm trying to stay focused on the cruise so I don't have to think too much about what's been happening. My uncle called me shallow because I spoke to him about the cruise twice while my mom was dying. He doesn't deal with his emotions well and was taking his grief out on me. I don't think I'm shallow to try and keep myself from being miserable and crying all the time. My mom said no matter what happens to her she wanted me to go on the cruise with Karen and have fun. I'm doing what my mom wanted and I want to do. I miss her very much. 🥺

My mom passed away of pneumonia and covid last Saturday night Oct. 15th. She was adamant about me going with my best friend. I'm going to do what she wanted and go on the cruise and have fun for my mom. My family is all for me going. So that support is nice to have. I have to move to another apartment in my complex, but don't know when yet. It's going to be hard going through all the stuff my mom had and stuff in the big closet. My family will help with all of it. I'm trying to stay focused on the cruise so I don't have to think too much about what's been happening. My uncle called me shallow because I spoke to him about the cruise twice while my mom was dying. He doesn't deal with his emotions well and was taking his grief out on me. I don't think I'm shallow to try and keep myself from being miserable and crying all the time. My mom said no matter what happens to her she wanted me to go on the cruise with Karen and have fun. I'm doing what my mom wanted and I want to do. I miss her very much. 🥺

Disney is my personal happy place and all of my family knows that if anything major happens in my life that is the place I will go to deal with things. Your mom seems to think that you will need this and no matter what anyone says she believed it was best for you to go. She will join you in spirit on that sailing. I would be on the lookout for her signs on the ship. :hug:

Disney is my personal happy place and all of my family knows that if anything major happens in my life that is the place I will go to deal with things. Your mom seems to think that you will need this and no matter what anyone says she believed it was best for you to go. She will join you in spirit on that sailing. I would be on the lookout for her signs on the ship. :hug:
Thank you so much for that @ArielRae. You're right my mom knew Disney made me happy and all that time and effort that went into this becoming a reality. I know she will be there in spirit. I've been looking for signs of her since she passed away. Don't think I've found any yet, but I'm sure I will here and on the ship. I do need this and my mom knew this like you said. She was so happy when I told her Karen could come with me. I hadn't heard her that happy the whole time she was in the elderly rehab. I can see her in my minds eye looking at me and smiling. She had the best smile and sense of humor. She could make me laugh when no one could. I'm now certain this is the right thing to do. I wasn't sure until your post ArielRae. Thank you again. 🙂

I’d like to share a deal I found on a Disney 3 piece luggage set for $180.42 on Amazon. They list only 3 sets left in stock after we purchased ours so if your interested make sure your quick. It is November 2nd at 3:00pm when I posted this.

Link to the luggage set:
https://a.co/d/9bP4hYF
87436E22-EF8C-408E-BBD2-F6D9E8047E61.jpeg

I have been checking daily and the luggage set is finally sold out. Hope those who wanted one got it.:goodvibes

Got ours in the mail yesterday and it is a really great set. I can’t wait to use them on our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter