October, 2003

Stacy's a freak

wrangles snakes
Does anyone have any tips for an October 4th - 12th, 2003 trip?
We have already made plans to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Downtown Disney with length of stay passes starting on the 5th (Sunday).

I'm looking for guesses about park hours, weather (generally rainy or not), and park attendance.

Honestly, I'm so jazzed about going that I'm already trying to plan (probably a mistake).

Thanks!

We were there this past October 5th-12th. It was a great time of year to visit! We had warm, sunny weather with only 10 min. of rain one afternoon. The crowds were light too. The only thing we really waited in line for was Dumbo. We even walked right on to Rock N Roller Coaster. We were also there for the first night of MNSSHP, which was great.

I hope you have a great trip!

Thanks so much for the info. I can only hope our luck is as good as yours re: the weather! What is MNSSHP? (it's been so long I feel like we're doing this for the first time).

MNSSHP is Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. It's a special event for which you need a separate ticket. If you have a ticket for the party, you can stay after the MK closes (when we went, the party was from 7:00PM-12:00AM). Most, if not all, of the rides are open. Most kids and many grown-ups dress up in Halloween costumes, as do the Disney characters. There is trick-or-treating throughout the park and a complimentary family photo. The Mk is decorated for Halloween, and it looks incredible! There is also a special parade and fireworks show. If this party is taking place on one of the nights you are there, I would suggest getting tickets for it. We had a blast!

We were there that time of year in 2001. The crowds were light excpet for Coumbus Day weekend (not sure if that occurs while you are going).
We have been twice in October with mid 80s weather, low crowds. The only drawback is that the parks are not open as long. MK I believed closed at 6 or 7pm. Fireowkrs and Spectromagic were only on Saturdays.
But they do have the Halloween party, which is a lot fun.
Have fun planning!

Stacy,
We are going the exact same dates as you! I am hoping for low crowds, good weather and first night of MNSSHP. It was tentatively scheduled for 10/10, but then the dates were retracted. I am hoping Disney does not do away with this date, as it is our only hope of getting to the party. Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed for all of the above!
Also, just curious if you have gotten airfare yet. I see your location is New York. We are on Long Island and will likely be flying out of JFK or LaGuardia. I've been watching the fares closely,too!

Hey Mrsmud. How exciting that you've planned the same times! Great minds...

We originally planned to drive down, but we found such cheap airfair that we couldn't resist flying! We are flying Jetblue out of Syracuse (11ish)which connects at JFK (I think). I seem to remember when booking the trip online, that we fly from Syracuse, stop at JFK (but don't change planes) and continue on to Orlando (3:30ish). We definitely stop on the way back at JFK. We booked the tickets April 3rd and we got $203 a person with tax! I couldn't be more pleased. And, I think Jetblue's hub is JFK. Check it out! (jetblueairways.com).

Good luck and maybe we'll see you on flight no. 69 on Saturday the 4th :D

We are going around the same time as both of you. We also have two other couples going at the same time. We are on jet blue out of syracuse to orlando as well. We fly out on Thursday Oct 2 back on the 11. One of the other couples flys out on the 4th. We are all staying at HIFS got a great rate $73 a night.

We are going also in Oct, the 7th-14th. We are planning on hitting mnsshp the 10th. Im sure they will have one around that time. Since the dates have not offically posted yet I wouldnt worry to much about the rumored info. We were worried about the Columbus crowds--hopefully it wont be to bad. We are staying at OKW--our first trip home--we are very excited about staying there.

Originally posted by HARP:
We are all staying at HIFS got a great rate $73 a night.
Us, too! Staying at HIFS for our second time, and got the same great Entertainment rate. Lots of great minds on this thread!;)

We too are headed down on the 4th, though we leave the 11th. We're a bit closer though as we fly out of philly. I would love to do the MNSSHP. Can't wait to go. This will Rich's first time and I think my 7th(I've actually lost count)

Just wanted to say "Hey" to everyone -- myself, my DH and a couple of our friends are going to be at WDW October 5 - 12th. We are staying at the Hawthorn Suites Lake Buena Vista (have never stayed there before, but we got a really great deal). If anyone gets word of the definite dates for MNSSHP, could you please let me know. We attended it last year & had a really great time. Thanks. See you at Disney World!:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

Just wanted to let all of you know i called WDTC and they have the dates for MNSSHP for 2003 they are Oct 3 5 10 14 16 19 24 26 30 31.hope this helps.they also said that tickets were not on sale as of yet, but it would not be long.:p

Thank you! It looks like we'll have 2 options to go (if we can get tickets).

Can anyone tell me how it works? My guess is that you have to dress up (yuk) and only a limited number of tickets will be sold. Anyone know when they start selling tickets and if a person has to be dressed up?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the MNSSHP dates. No, you don't have to dress up -- but if you choose to do so, be careful -- we took my niece last year & it was way to hot even at night to dress her up in her costume. If you decide to, make sure it is something light weight. The party really is great! See you all there.:bounce:

Wow, I am so excited! Thank you for putting our minds at ease. Looks like I have two dates to choose from as well. I wonder whether I would be better on Sun. or Fri. night?:rolleyes:

MrsMudd -- last year we went on the Sunday evening (the 19th I think) and it wasn't really crowded, we got to see most everything we wanted, rides, parades, fireworks, characters, etc. I think the only thing that there was a really long line for was the Haunted Mansion, it was backed out farther than I have seen any line before!:earseek: I don't know about the Friday night, but I think that is when we are going to go. Good Luck.

Oh Yippiee:)

I was hoping I'd get to go to 1 of these during my Honeymoon. A little something extra to make the trip great.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Maureen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter