October 2009 Brides

We are an escape wedding... the only time available was 12noon, so I have some time after we have lunch- I am trying to think of something neat to do rather than go our separate ways in the parks for a while. Our wedding, as a whole has a beachy feel to it... not too formal, but no flip flops and shorts either.

Hi I was thinking of have a 12pm wedding and have a lunch right after as well.
After doing some research I found out that a majority of the resturants will allow you to have a little private area and you could wear your dress as long as you are done by 3pm.

Narcoossee & Citricos are very nice but there you need to be done by 3pm in order to get your private little area.

Look into Ariel's you could get Disney catering to arrange a nice buffet lunch and they have really cute beachy decor.

When are you guys sending out invitations?

This summer. I want to get everything all set with my planning session before I do anything - I'm doing inserts, so I'll need to know how the day is going to go as far as transport and all. :thumbsup2

Hello fellow October brides!
I am a long long time lurker here on all the boards and now that October is fast approaching I think I can come out of my "lurker shell!"

Im Oct. 17th here on Cape Cod followed by an 8 day Disneymoon princess:

I am chipping away at wedding plans around my grad school commute and homework and cant wait to hear about what everyone is planning!

Hi I was thinking of have a 12pm wedding and have a lunch right after as well.
After doing some research I found out that a majority of the resturants will allow you to have a little private area and you could wear your dress as long as you are done by 3pm.

Narcoossee & Citricos are very nice but there you need to be done by 3pm in order to get your private little area.

Look into Ariel's you could get Disney catering to arrange a nice buffet lunch and they have really cute beachy decor.

Oh wow! Thanks so much!!!!

Hey October Brides- What are you doing right now with your planning? I just want to make sure that I am not falling behind.
When do you plan to send invites?

We've just confirmed our dessert party add-on, and sent back our completed planning pack.

We already sent save the dates to our wedding guests at the beginning of the year, and as there's only a smallish group of us (13 total), and we know everyone's already booked, we're not sending a proper invitation out. We also mentioned stag/hen details, a meal and a halloween horror nights trip on the STD's so those that are interested in these other activites can let us know if they want to join in these too.

We are having an at home ceremony and reception too, which will be in November, I was thinking we'll send the invites out in July, so 4 months before hand, does that sound about right???

We just booked an onboard wedding on the October 10, 2009 sailing of the Disney Magic!

Besides booking our room and the wedding itself I've done nothing! :scared1:
Well, I've roamed the internet, but that's about it :rotfl2:

Shall we start a mini-list of all of us and dates, maybe including our trip dates too, so we can see at a glance who's there when? Just for easy reference so we don't have to wade through the whole thread?

MegKate do you want to add it into your first post?

meryll83 - 10/21/2009 SBP/Citrico's Chef's Domaine/Morocco
10/17/2009-10/29/2009 Pop Century (plus wedding eve and night of at BWV)
10/29/2009-11/01/2009 Disney Wonder

Or is that too much information?! :rotfl:

I'm a Disneyland bride, 10/31/09, 5pm @ the rose court garden.
we had our planning meeting in jan, and we are sending our save the dates as soon as I get the final three addresses, and the actual invites in july or aug.

We be disneymooning at WDW or EuroDisney...don't know yet.

Hey all - the old October 2009 Bride thread keeps coming up as invalid when I click on it. :confused3 So here's a new one! :goodvibes Who is getting married in October??

I'm the 12th woot woot!! :hyper:

EDIT: October Brides List

MegKate - 10/12/09 SBP/ADH/UK Upper
10/8/09 - 10/20/09 - Boardwalk

meryll83 - 10/21/2009 SBP/Citrico's Chef's Domaine/Morocco
10/17/2009-10/29/2009 Pop Century (plus wedding eve and night of at BWV)
10/29/2009-11/01/2009 Disney Wonder

Im getting married on October 12th too! 12pm at Disneys Wedding Pavilion :yay:

Another October 12th bride?! Awesome!! That makes 3 of us! :cool1:

Another October 12th bride?! Awesome!! That makes 3 of us! :cool1:

Wow I cant believe there's 3 of us just on these boards! where are you staying cheryl? I think Meg and I will both be at Boardwalk Inn...

When did everyone hear from their planner? I got a call saying they had received my contract and deposit last week, but I still haven't heard who my planner is, or been contacted by them. Oh the anxiety, lol :yay:

When did everyone hear from their planner? I got a call saying they had received my contract and deposit last week, but I still haven't heard who my planner is, or been contacted by them. Oh the anxiety, lol :yay:
I got my planner the first week of the month. They got my contract on Monday of that week and by Thursday I had her. Oddly enough, that Thursday was the day my parents visited DFTW and did a site visit, so I don't know if they were scared into giving me a WP! :rotfl:

I got my planner the first week of the month. They got my contract on Monday of that week and by Thursday I had her. Oddly enough, that Thursday was the day my parents visited DFTW and did a site visit, so I don't know if they were scared into giving me a WP! :rotfl:

Hmmm.....they have had my contract for a week and a half, so I wonder what the deal is. You might be right, perhaps the site visit did scare them, lol. Well, my planning session is in 2 weeks, so hopefully that will do the trick:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter