• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2010 Anyone Else?

RuthieT

DIS Veteran
When are you going? How long? Where are you staying? What is your plan? Any Character meals?

Hi! :wave2: We're from Oregon too!

DD and I are going 10/6-10/10, and I decided to go with the PPH concierge theme park view... hoping for a good view of WOC--we plan on watching it once from the parks, and catching it again from our room if possible! Yes on the character meals--we love them!! I think we are going to do Surf's Up, Ariels, Storytellers & Minnies... so basically all but Goofy's... since unless we are staying at DLH I don't want to add any more walking to go over there for a meal! :rolleyes:

We also plan on doing the trick or treat party on Thursday, and F! seating for Friday... so, yeah it is a splurge trip, but I am very excited for it!! :yay:

Dates aren't firm yet, but I'm looking at 10/14 -10/17. This is the whole family trip (us, 3 grandparents and my brother), so it's splurge time! We'll stay at the DLH, since my mom won't stay anywhere else. ;) Haven't decided whether we'll do the Trick or Treat party. We went last year and though the girls had fun, they just wanted to trick or treat, nothing else, so I'm not sure if it's worth it for us. We'll do Ariel's Grotto so the girls can dress up and Goofy's Kitchen for the nostalga for my folks. We love Halloweentime at DLR! I really hope they do the same fireworks this year....they were absolutely AMAZING! :yay:

Me, me, me! :yay:

Currently planning on arriving at the 28th, so looks like I may the one to close the month again. ;)

Character meals currently planned are Ariel's Grotto and Surf's Up, because a friend and her daughter are coming in for about a week. After they've done I'll start my pilgrimage to Goofy's Kitchen. :rotfl:

We're also aiming for the Fantasmic Dessert Package and hopefully for whatever dinner package WOC will offer, and of course the Halloween party!

We are planning to go too, for our anniversary (just the hubby and I). We may end up going to WDW, but plans are not settled yet.

We'll be there with son and his family on the 20th to 23..it is a first time for my son's wife and kids. Since its October maybe try a Trick or Treat party..try for Fantasmic dessert or WOC something..too many choices! Will do a character breakfast..Minnies this time I think, and we always do RFC since I get free gift cards for them from My Points and since I'm paying, every little bit helps :)

Woohoo!! Oregon here too :) Going from October 18th til the 25th for every single day at DL/DCA. Using our AP's for the first time :) Can't wait!!! We're staying at the Park Vue just across the street from the entrance

We'll be there for my husbands birthday (Oct 3rd) staying for at least 4 days. It's our boys first trip to Disney! We plan on getting their first haircuts at the Main Street Barber and not going commando style for the first time ever.

We are going to WDW for HALLOWEEN!! :cool1:

It will be me, my DD age 6, DS age 12, sister in law and her 2 kids ( DD age 6 and DS age 9). THis iwill be our first trip during a holiday. I am sooooooo super excited!!!

We will arrive Fri, Oct 29 about noon and check in at BLT and see the MK fireworks that night. Saturday, we will switch to AKL and spend 2 nights and go to MK on Halloween. On Saturday we are going to swim at AKL and let the kids do all the resort based activites they always ask about but dont get to do b/c we are at the park most of the day. We are using our GAD tickets. :cheer2:

We'll be there oct. 17-24.....split stay at VGC and Hojo

Attending the Halloween party.....not sure what else yet. I have 2 other trips before then, so not too much planning has been done for this one yet.

We'll be there 10/7-10/12. We are staying at HoJos in the Kids' Suite. We love the classic Disneyland Hotel, but we really love having the kids in a separate bedroom! My mom, and my 2 brothers and their families will be joining us. We will be hitting Disneyland for 2-3 days, Legoland for my little Lego maniacs, and a quick visit to Great Grandma up in the Valley.

We always visit Goofy's Kitchen and we always wear some kind of matching Disney shirts there. This year, we will be sporting Phineas and Ferb shirts!

There will be 12 of us going Oct 1-15th. We are renting a house not far from the resort. We plan on doing a character meal for my going to be 10 year old daughter's birthday. She wants to do a princess one. We plaln on doing Legoland, Universal Studios, Seaworld also. I have no idea about these dessert and WOC dinners, I will have to look into them. I would like to do Trick or Treating also once I know more about it. So much to learn!!

I'll be there!! Well, for 2 days of October anyway. My birthday is on halloween (21st, WOO!:drinking1) I'm planning on going from the 30th to the 7th of November with my DBF! And I'm from Oregon too! I may change the dates to go mid-week to mid-week depending on what I hear about crowd levels the week after halloween. Were also planning on spending at least a day at the beach and a day in LA/hollywood. We may do knotts, 6 flags or universal too... Do any of them do anything cool for halloween?

We are taking our first trip to DL Oct 8 - 17th. Staying at Hojos in Disney view room. Planning on doing Goofy's kitchen, Minnie and Friends. Possibly, Ariel's.

Also planning on TOT party. Plus day trips to Sea World, San Diego Zoo and Hollywood/beach

:banana::banana: Count me in :banana::banana:

We are going Oct 17-23 with my parents. We took our boys to WDW in Jan 09 and they loved it :love: so now it's time to try DL!! Were not sure where we are going to stay :confused3 My Mom really wants to stay on site but were are hoping for some good deals :goodvibes We are going to be eating at Goofy's and we plan to do the Trick or Treat party. I have been considering the dessert party :confused3 It looks like enough food that we would just skip dinner (maybe grab a hot dog) and then it won't feel like were spending as much $$

I'm so happy there are others planning this far ahead :goodvibes My DH said that I was the only one :lmao:

We haven't set anything in stone yet, but we know we want to do a 3 day trip in October to use our GAD passes- I can't wait to start planning! I have never seen Disney at Halloween time so I am really looking forward to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter