October 2014 Car Rentals.

Budget Question:

in MCO do you have to stop @ counter in terminal or is there a kiosk there or in garage? Likely, since 1st rental, will have to produce DL/CC, etc. anyway but just wondering standard procedure.

There's a Budget booth in the garage. I've never been worse than the 3rd person in line and am often the only person. The cars are fine. Not as new/nice as National/Alamo but if the savings are there, I don't mind.

I understand the KLM code for National is no longer working at MCO but I just entered it for a reservation at SFB and it still works.

There's a Budget booth in the garage. I've never been worse than the 3rd person in line and am often the only person. The cars are fine. Not as new/nice as National/Alamo but if the savings are there, I don't mind.

thank you. as long as it's not falling apart & is mechanically sound, I'm good.

i don't see anything stated on the reservation confirmation that says we need to stop in the terminal to produce initial identification in their rapid rez system. was told when i called them to verify that the spousal driver was free (verbage on contract indicated $13 daily/$65 max additional driver but was told that's for anybody else we'd want to add - phew!) and asked where we need to check in and was told the 'special' rapid rez line in terminal. will check it out 1st to see how long, if awful will head to garage.

So when alamo gives you an "estimated total", does that mean our rental could be higher and we won't know until we get there?

jmho i believe they are covering themselves jik taxes or airport fees would increase

It is slowly dropping went from $241 last week to $218 this week.

Still crossing fingers it will dropped some more

so many say they find a great rate a month out, then at 2 weeks and some day before:confused:. It's never worked out that way for me. I'm not sure if they just haven't looked as obsessively as we do here;) or they just get lucky.

i don't see anything stated on the reservation confirmation that says we need to stop in the terminal to produce initial identification in their rapid rez system. was told when i called them to verify that the spousal driver was free (verbage on contract indicated $13 daily/$65 max additional driver but was told that's for anybody else we'd want to add - phew!) and asked where we need to check in and was told the 'special' rapid rez line in terminal. will check it out 1st to see how long, if awful will head to garage.
I signed up for RapidRez last year just before our Disney trip...just went right out to the garage kiosk and had no issues whatsoever. Avoid the terminal lines at all costs!

I signed up for RapidRez last year just before our Disney trip...just went right out to the garage kiosk and had no issues whatsoever. Avoid the terminal lines at all costs!

:cool1: yes, was dreading standing in line! thanks ps love the running outfit in avatar lol.

For the hot deals with Thrifty can you change for a better rate later?

YES. They did not ask for a CC when I booked with a hot rate. Speaking of which-----the hot rates on Thrifty right now for mid October are fantastic. Lowest I've seen in a couple months! I'm paying 212 out the door for 8 full days and that is without any code at all and NO prepay.

Here's to hoping it goes down even lower LOL!

YES. They did not ask for a CC when I booked with a hot rate. Speaking of which-----the hot rates on Thrifty right now for mid October are fantastic. Lowest I've seen in a couple months! I'm paying 212 out the door for 8 full days and that is without any code at all and NO prepay.

Here's to hoping it goes down even lower LOL!

Thanks, I went through and booked, but it added all the fees and brought it from $197 to $268, ugh. Right back where I started. Guess there is still a chance to drop, I'm pretty far out.

:cool1: yes, was dreading standing in line! thanks ps love the running outfit in avatar lol.
Any time! We've used the 'skip the terminal' option every time we've rented at MCO...Alamo, Budget and Avis. My DW & DD were down in May for the Expedition Everest 5K and DW booked with Dollar...she had to go to the terminal and waited forever in line. That's what she gets for leaving me at home :lmao:
And if you liked that running getup, you should see what I wore for Tower of Terror...

Any time! We've used the 'skip the terminal' option every time we've rented at MCO...Alamo, Budget and Avis. My DW & DD were down in May for the Expedition Everest 5K and DW booked with Dollar...she had to go to the terminal and waited forever in line. That's what she gets for leaving me at home :lmao:
And if you liked that running getup, you should see what I wore for Tower of Terror...

haha we seem to hit many of the races during our visits, the get ups I've seen for ToT are literally over the top.

we would like to avoid the counter @ MCO at all costs, downright scary lines.

I'm currently sitting on a $209 full-size at Avis from Oct 29-Nov 5...I used my company's corporate discount (available for personal use as well) along with a $35-off code (MUWA118).

We've used Avis out of MCO a few times with no issues...sign up for their Avis Preferred program and you can skip the line and take advantage of Select & Go (not quite as easy as Alamo, but you can get the best vehicle available).

Anyone else noticing an absolute lack of coupons for Alamo? They've had the best deals for years, but lately...not so much :confused3

8 day Oct. ressie through thrifty (no code) just went down from 212 to 205 total! Every dollar counts---I rebooked :) :cheer2:

I haven't checked my Costco reservation in a few weeks and found a welcome sight of 1's instead of 2's at the beginning of the price. I saved $26 by rebooking. Like they said above, every little bit! $184 all in - Budget Economy level - October 3 - October 10 (picking up one Friday at 9:30a and dropping the next at 5:30p, so they are charging an extra day). If I dropped at same time, it would be $150 couple. I'll keep an eye on it, but said I wanted to get under $200 and I'm there, so it's a success! Thanks for posts to remind me to check!

just booked thru national with klm code and $20 entertainment coupon for $190 standard size oct 29 to nov 4. everywhere else was $300 plus! I'm still hoping for some downward movement. dollar has been cheapest for us the last few trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter