October 2014 Car Rentals.

I went to car rental savers dot com and reserved a full size car from Alamo from Oct 25-Nov 8 (10 days) out of Tampa for $356.

On expedia.ca a minivan is $793CAN inc taxes with Budget from Oct 20 - Nov 7 for 18 days.

Those are my dates, are you going with us.:lmao:
I hate to pay up front just in case something better comes along. It says free cancellation but don't want the hassle of the refund. If they have it at that price then hopefully it will be coming down in the next few days. I've changed my res. many times as the rates go down.
Just checked on the Budget site and got a similar rate: $797 Can. so I booked it there without having to pay.
Thanks for the heads up though. :)

Just checked with Costco.ca and got the Budget van for $612US. Finally prices are dropping. :banana:

I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone renting a car with a debit card.

I reserved a car at Dollar rental, I called last night to confirm what needed to be done with a debit card rental. They will hold the amount on your card, plus a deposit (didn't say how much), then pull your credit report.

My husband and I are not in the best shape as far as our credit score goes. We got in trouble with credit cards, and signed up with a "debt relief" agency that completely screwed us over 2 years ago. We are slowly (very slowly) rebuilding our credit. So, for anyone in a lower credit score situation please be sure to call your rental company and ask them this. They told me if the score was low, we would not be able to rent a car. I can't imagine being stranded in Orlando over this.

I did call National because I still hold a reservation with them. Their policy is different thank goodness. I will need a valid ID for the state I am traveling to and from, round trip airfare, and they will only put a hold on my card for the amount of the rental.

Going to MCO is going to be a pain to pick up the car on our last day, but we will just have to deal with it.

I reserved a car at Dollar rental, I called last night to confirm what needed to be done with a debit card rental. They will hold the amount on your card, plus a deposit (didn't say how much), then pull your credit report.

My husband and I are not in the best shape as far as our credit score goes. We got in trouble with credit cards, and signed up with a "debt relief" agency that completely screwed us over 2 years ago. We are slowly (very slowly) rebuilding our credit. So, for anyone in a lower credit score situation please be sure to call your rental company and ask them this. They told me if the score was low, we would not be able to rent a car. I can't imagine being stranded in Orlando over this.

I did call National because I still hold a reservation with them. Their policy is different thank goodness. I will need a valid ID for the state I am traveling to and from, round trip airfare, and they will only put a hold on my card for the amount of the rental.

Going to MCO is going to be a pain to pick up the car on our last day, but we will just have to deal with it.

good thing you checked:thumbsup2. I have this bookmarked for one of my DSs, lists general rules for debit card policy of rental cars. Info may have changed always good to call & verify as you did.

http://www.best-car-rental-tips.com/debit-card-rental-policies.html

Okay...I booked a minivan through Priceline and named my own price of $44/day for 10/18-10/25 and it was accepted giving me a total of $404. I also added special requests of 2 infant seats plus one booster seat before I submitted my bid. I was amazed that my offer was accepted by hertz seeing as most other quotes were $750+. I called hertz and they said that the infant and booster seats were included in the price too and I wouldn't have to pay extra. This seems a little too good to be true, what am I missing? (Not that it will do me much good now since I had to pay upfront on Priceline!)

While searching for a "debit card only" rental myself this morning I discovered ED Rent A Car at MCO. They clearly state they do NOT do a credit check, accept debit cards, and only charge a $200 deposit on top of your rental amount.

While searching for a "debit card only" rental myself this morning I discovered ED Rent A Car at MCO. They clearly state they do NOT do a credit check, accept debit cards, and only charge a $200 deposit on top of your rental amount.

We decided to go with National. I talked directly to someone at the counter in MCO the other night. She assured me there is no credit check, no additional hold placed, and the info I need to bring are round trip airfare, and valid ID.

I am so glad I checked, we would have been up a creek without a paddle!

Okay...I booked a minivan through Priceline and named my own price of $44/day for 10/18-10/25 and it was accepted giving me a total of $404. I also added special requests of 2 infant seats plus one booster seat before I submitted my bid. I was amazed that my offer was accepted by hertz seeing as most other quotes were $750+. I called hertz and they said that the infant and booster seats were included in the price too and I wouldn't have to pay extra. This seems a little too good to be true, what am I missing? (Not that it will do me much good now since I had to pay upfront on Priceline!)

Does your reservation specifically say that the infant/booster seats are included? I just did a look at Hertz and a mini van that week is about $1,000 (I didn't bother looking for coupons/deals, just wanted to see if the seats are always included in a van). It shows the seats would be about $10 EACH per day.....so if they are included you got a smokin' deal.

Would anyone be willing to help me out with a rental car through BJ's. I do have a membership, I just can't seem to get coupon codes.

Does your reservation specifically say that the infant/booster seats are included? I just did a look at Hertz and a mini van that week is about $1,000 (I didn't bother looking for coupons/deals, just wanted to see if the seats are always included in a van). It shows the seats would be about $10 EACH per day.....so if they are included you got a smokin' deal.

Looking through Costco the rate is $928 including 2 infant seats and 1 booster seat so in the $400 range is excellent deal. In my experience you get 50% off when bidding on Priceline.

I have made it a point to check Costco on a daily basis for rates for my dates - October 3 - 10. OMG! They have more than doubled in the last two days - I have a budget rate of $165 for a compact (7 days 8 hours) booked (thank goodness!) - same dates, same car class today - $398!! I know rates fluctuate, but that is some fluctuation! So glad I checked when I did - I was hoping for it to go down, now I'm just happy I'm booked!

I am going the second week-end of October. I went through and check the second week-end for the next 4 months. September rates were amazing, under $100 for 5 days. The other three months were sky high. Glad I booked early at a decent rate, but still hoping for amazing.

I've always found my October rentals to be the highest of all my trips. If a hurricane comes in it will get even higher. I booked some lower rates on both alamo and national, but both are much higher now for my 2 weeks trip

The rates are so high for Oct. I panicked and booked through Dollar through BJ's for 232.00 a week.

I've always found my October rentals to be the highest of all my trips. If a hurricane comes in it will get even higher. I booked some lower rates on both alamo and national, but both are much higher now for my 2 weeks trip
Yes even if I manage to grab an acceptable rate early on it is typically the most expensive time we visit. I wound up paying more than I usually do the end of May right after Memorial Day. A time when I usually get a great rate. Hope the rates aren't on an overall upward trend out of Mco

I have made it a point to check Costco on a daily basis for rates for my dates - October 3 - 10. OMG! They have more than doubled in the last two days - I have a budget rate of $165 for a compact (7 days 8 hours) booked (thank goodness!) - same dates, same car class today - $398!! I know rates fluctuate, but that is some fluctuation! So glad I checked when I did - I was hoping for it to go down, now I'm just happy I'm booked!

Yup, I noticed that too! My rate through Costco (Alamo) for a full size went from $221.94 to $518.61! :crazy2: I don't get why it went up so much? SOOO happy I booked already!

I am a college professor and must travel during school breaks, Spring Break and Fall Break. The first two weeks of October are traditional break weeks, public schools now have a week off in October. Guess that's why October is higher.

I have a 15 day rental for oct. Right now the price us more than double than what I booked on alamo and national. Plus the coupons I used then on both are no longer available to be used. My 10 day rental for mid November is a cheaper rate than my October trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter