October 2014 Car Rentals.

Here is what I have now for 10/2-10/7 at MCO from Budget. $136. Used BCD W852875 and Coupon MUWZ107 and pay on-line option at Budget.com. It costs $10 to cancel the reservation. I figured that was worth it if I can find a rate more than $10 cheaper before I go.

And today, the cost is $336 ***? Good thing I got mine at $106

I am a college professor and must travel during school breaks, Spring Break and Fall Break. The first two weeks of October are traditional break weeks, public schools now have a week off in October. Guess that's why October is higher.

didn't know that:confused3most schools in PA still have traditional schedules with summer vacation only and most of my friends' kids follow in various states in Northeast. No idea if what you describe is typical of most of US population or a regional/southern practice but it could certainly skew the attendance.

Our local public school district is one of the few in the area who would schedule Columbus Day off, then throw in a teacher in-service day and open house. I would pick that week since I'd only have to pull the kids out of school for two days. Now that they have all graduated from HS, we do the week prior, seems to be less crowded even with the race.

Last one still in college. All my DSs went to college in PA wherein Fall semester starts 3rd week of August & runs thru 2nd week of December; with Spring commencing 3rd week of January.

I have made it a point to check Costco on a daily basis for rates for my dates - October 3 - 10. OMG! They have more than doubled in the last two days - I have a budget rate of $165 for a compact (7 days 8 hours) booked (thank goodness!) - same dates, same car class today - $398!! I know rates fluctuate, but that is some fluctuation! So glad I checked when I did - I was hoping for it to go down, now I'm just happy I'm booked!

I guess I'm in shock and can't figure out what's going on - sorry to keep posting! The $398 rate from 2 days ago is now $455! This is the 4th year we've done this October trip - basically the same week and I don't remember anything like these fluctuations before. I am hoping again for the $110 we had last year, but I am pretty happy with my $165 (based on what I see now)!

I guess I'm in shock and can't figure out what's going on - sorry to keep posting! The $398 rate from 2 days ago is now $455! This is the 4th year we've done this October trip - basically the same week and I don't remember anything like these fluctuations before. I am hoping again for the $110 we had last year, but I am pretty happy with my $165 (based on what I see now)!

Sometimes I wonder if they do this as a scare tactic because I have seen this everytime we go on a trip... Get a NOT BAD price 3-5 months out then keep checking back to see if you can get better. Invariably there is a huge rate increase at about the 7-10 week mark then the price drops or at least go back to the reasonable range in the 4-6 week range. Sometimes you will see more price drops right up until your departure date, sometimes not, depends on the time of year/holidays/special events etc.

I too have seen nothing in October under $200/wk. However, this afternoon I was able to book full size from Alamo for $129.00 plus fees for total of $185 for the week of 10/25-11/1. I'm pretty happy with that price. :)

So far Oct has been terrible for rates. What I have noticed the past few times we've been is that van prices are high but mid size to full size are good. When we get to the garage to pick up our mid size or full size car, there are no cars left only mini vans in those rows. Why ? Because no one would reserve a mini van because they were so expensive so now they have a surplus and are giving them out for cars which they got a lower price for. Why don't they lower the price of the vans so people would book them. They would make more money on them that way instead of giving them out in place of a car. But hey, what do I know. :confused3:

I just got an Alamo minivan from 9/29-10/6 for $256. I haven't tried yet with coupons to see if I can better it, but it's pretty reasonable compared to some of the other rates I have gotten...now going to see if I can lower it more!

Alamo for my dates dropped this morning. My rate dropped by $60. Of course no coupons seem to work for October but even without coupons using the wdw ap holder code I rebooked a standard for $294 for my 15 day rental. My dates are oct 18 to nov 1

Alamo for my dates dropped this morning. My rate dropped by $60. Of course no coupons seem to work for October but even without coupons using the wdw ap holder code I rebooked a standard for $294 for my 15 day rental. My dates are oct 18 to nov 1

These are my dates also. I have a $320 rate with intermediate car at Thrifty with Southwest Code. I wonder how I can get your rate without being an AP holder?

I obviously cant use AP code but when others use special codes or coupons can you please share the codes you used. I see posts saying used _____ code, but then I dont know how to find it LOL TIA

These are my dates also. I have a $320 rate with intermediate car at Thrifty with Southwest Code. I wonder how I can get your rate without being an AP holder?

I obviously cant use AP code but when others use special codes or coupons can you please share the codes you used. I see posts saying used _____ code, but then I dont know how to find it LOL TIA

google;) or typically if you do a search in the thread. It comes up so often within the thread people just don't feel the need to post the actual code #s

Some months the person who starts the thread actually 'maintains it' and posts a summary of codes/coupons in 1st few links:thumbsup2

the $15 VISA coupon AD7567SDK is still working for me in connection with AP code.

do you have any idea if the AP rate includes the extra driver free?

priced it with that rate & the $15 off on midsize for 8 days & got $150.xx vs the budget fullsize I have booked for $189.

Haven't rented from budget would prefer Alamo being a known entity but don't want to pay for extra driver.

Thanks for the heads up on Alamo. I've been looking for a good rate and just booked Oct 18 - 25 for $144.89 including taxes for a compact car. That's about $100 less than the SIXT pay now, non-refundable rate which was one of the lowest that I could find yesterday. I did join the Alamo Insider to get a 5% discount.

Thrifty has a higher rate mid size to full using my codes. Any email links are $60 more. But, it's the week of Halloween so maybe that's why?

the $15 VISA coupon AD7567SDK is still working for me in connection with AP code. do you have any idea if the AP rate includes the extra driver free? priced it with that rate & the $15 off on midsize for 8 days & got $150.xx vs the budget fullsize I have booked for $189. Haven't rented from budget would prefer Alamo being a known entity but don't want to pay for extra driver.

Tried, but the coupon wouldn't work for me. Even tried dumping cookies. I did try the insider code and it does give me the same price as the passholder code. Does the insider still give you free additional driver?

These are my dates also. I have a $320 rate with intermediate car at Thrifty with Southwest Code. I wonder how I can get your rate without being an AP holder? I obviously cant use AP code but when others use special codes or coupons can you please share the codes you used. I see posts saying used _____ code, but then I dont know how to find it LOL TIA

I tried a ton of codes and nothing came close, but I just tried the insider code and it was the same discount so sign up for that if you aren't a member already. I can't get any coupons to work though

Tried, but the coupon wouldn't work for me. Even tried dumping cookies. I did try the insider code and it does give me the same price as the passholder code. Does the insider still give you free additional driver?

I don't believe that it includes extra driver anymore

Used alamo insider and passholder discount from 10/3 to 10/8. Got a compact for $112.00. Yay!

Had a rate for 9 days with thrifty for 205 midsize.....just rebooked with alamo for 169!!! Check out Alamo folks!

there was an argument that people would be grandfathered in if long-time insiders but I'm not confident of the source & wouldn't rely on it.

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2013/04/02/car-rental-additional-driver/

:confused3 Alamo no longer waives the additional driver fee for Alamo Insiders Members who enrolled after May 11, 2014. But if you enrolled May 11, 2014 or earlier can still add another driver for free.

perhaps because of longer time period the coupon was invalid. Did you try any upgrade coupon codes? lots listed on car rental savers

I typically price out in private browsing & start by inputting corporate id(s) to find best rate. I go back & tack on the coupon code to see if it 'takes'. Lastly I sign into my account (expect if using insider code) before booking it.

the insider rate was substantially higher than the WDW AP code for me, however; if it doesn't include spouse as free driver a problem for me.

fyi, just modified to an upgrade coupon vs $ off, down to $143.xx for 8 days on midsize...$99 a week pre taxes/fees.

Alamo rates are really down. I just booked a midsize (free upgrade Coupon AU5224JAB - Alamo Insiders) for 8 days 10/3-10/11 for $170. That's $50 less than National with the KLM code. Can skip the counter and kiosk and go right to the garage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter