October 2014 Car Rentals.

I have booked my van for October and need to add one or two days. Is there a way to get a deal with out paying extremely high price.

Well I'm just 11 days away and the only direction my rates have gone are up. I'm glad I grabbed a decent rate a while back. October rates have always been on the high side for me. Maybe it's the dates I've selected. You would think that avoiding the holiday would be lower, but not the case. However, my mid November rates are better than my October rates, which have more than doubled over the last few weeks. My jetblue price dropped this week so that extra $50 credit from jetblue was a nice extra savings.

Just checked the prices for Alamo for the last week of October and for the car we have a reservation with it is up to $673:confused3:crazy2: Who are they kidding!! We book at $150 for 7 days so I am guessing that will be our best price!! Crazy!!

I feel that lately the later out you book the better the price. It used to be you would see a price drop 2-3 weeks out from trip. Booked 2 months ago...$126 for a week in October through Alamo. Just booked our January trip as well, lesson learned. We have $149 for a week mid January and will continue to watch.

If I hadn't have gotten a good price Sept 3rd ( $612. for 18 days) for our trip starting Oct. 20 for a minivan I would be panicking by now. For a couple days at the first of Sept. Budget's minivan price was reasonable but it went up again and Alamo's never came down. They're all in the $1400 range now. It must be a bad week for good rental car rates.

If I hadn't have gotten a good price Sept 3rd ( $612. for 18 days) for our trip starting Oct. 20 for a minivan I would be panicking by now. For a couple days at the first of Sept. Budget's minivan price was reasonable but it went up again and Alamo's never came down. They're all in the $1400 range now. It must be a bad week for good rental car rates.

I agree, it's crazy right now. We arrive October 18th.

Thrifty minivan came down, I'm pricing Oct 24 a week. $233, Blue chip member! AAA and KISS2 codes, only $10 more than the full size I'm holding. The prices went down last Fri/Sat and right back up again. I use to get $12 a day by this time out of the trip, they are at $29-$39 a day.
I don't get what the demand is except Halloween?

Ladygoldenhair said:
Thrifty minivan came down, I'm pricing Oct 24 a week. $233, only $10 more than the full size I'm holding. The prices went down las t Fri/Sat and right back up again. I use to get $12 a day by this time out of the trip, they are at $29-$39 a day.
I don't get what the demand is except Halloween?

You be lucky. I arrive 10/23 and return 11/2. Thrift is 1400 for me b/c I am picking up in St Pete and returning in sanford. I have one reserv3d with national for 580 or so with a work discount. We have 6. If there were 5, I would totes go with a standard and hope to upgrade on the "emerald aisle", but too chicken to take that chance since we won't all fit in a regular car. I've tried.putting bids in for priceline too and nothing.

You be lucky. I arrive 10/23 and return 11/2. Thrift is 1400 for me b/c I am picking up in St Pete and returning in sanford. I have one reserv3d with national for 580 or so with a work discount. We have 6. If there were 5, I would totes go with a standard and hope to upgrade on the "emerald aisle", but too chicken to take that chance since we won't all fit in a regular car. I've tried.putting bids in for priceline too and nothing.

What is crazy is the Econo/compact cars so much higher then a minivan when I keep checking. We only have three but having a mini van with ECV will be easier then the trunk.
Did you join Blue Chip?

Ladygoldenhair said:
What is crazy is the Econo/compact cars so much higher then a minivan when I keep checking. We only have three but having a mini van with ECV will be easier then the trunk.
Did you join Blue Chip?

I can totally see having a van if needing to load/unload ECV. I have joined a few clubs..not sure if that was one. And right before I posted, I went online to see if they had one, but I honestly didn't see it. I'll check again. Thanks!

With Budget using x474200 (travelocity leisure code) and Coupon MUPZ044 for $40 off picking up at PIE returning SFB is $475 inc taxes with free additional driver for minivan.

webworm said:
With Budget using x474200 (travelocity leisure code) and Coupon MUPZ044 for $40 off picking up at PIE returning SFB is $475 inc taxes with free additional driver for minivan.

If there was a way I could repay you, I totally would. It was only 418.69 tonight. Bless you!

Edited to ask - so I am going down with my.sister and bro in law. I see you noted above free additional driver. I didn't see this anywhere on the reservation info though. It would be great just in case we get in a bind and.someone wants.to drive off somewhere for a bit while the others.are at the park....guess we could take park busses though. Anyway, do I need to ask for this or will they just give me the option?

Was going to tell you to make two reservations, but St Pete doesn't have a Emerald aisle. So you will only get the class of vehicle you reserved

Yellowjj said:
Was going to tell you to make two reservations, but St Pete doesn't have a Emerald aisle. So you will only get the class of vehicle you reserved

Didn't even think of that. I'll remember for next time!

finally got a sort of tolerable rate with dollar on a minivan this morning. oi1054 Orlando MagicCard code, plus WM155. Oct 22-28 for 368 out the door. Close to $100 cheaper than I had been finding.

If there was a way I could repay you, I totally would. It was only 418.69 tonight. Bless you!

Edited to ask - so I am going down with my.sister and bro in law. I see you noted above free additional driver. I didn't see this anywhere on the reservation info though. It would be great just in case we get in a bind and.someone wants.to drive off somewhere for a bit while the others.are at the park....guess we could take park busses though. Anyway, do I need to ask for this or will they just give me the option?

Below is the policy on additional driver from Budget's website. The spouse is always free.

The following are exempt from the fee but must meet all other driver requirements: the renter's employer or fellow employee when on company business and renting under a corporate account; the renter's spouse or domestic partner; the companion driver of a renter with a disability who has completed the non-licensed renter form; for insurance replacement rentals, company employees or family members who are designated on the insurance policy

Do they have Uber cars in Orlando? At this point may be cheaper than a rental. Still can't find an economy under $400. This is crazy.

Do they have Uber cars in Orlando? At this point may be cheaper than a rental. Still can't find an economy under $400. This is crazy.

You should try bidding for a car on Priceline. Start at 50% off the lowest rate you can find and keep increasing your bid slightly until accepted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter