October 2015 Car Rental Watch

7 passenger mini-van: P/U & D/O @ MCO, 9/27 thru 10/4 thru Alamo using insider log on - VROOM Code (299851) and $30 off (AD2338fdf) for $244.61!! :yay:
That is the cheapest I have found in quite a while.
Thanks for the info!! Just got a Mid Size SUV for $203.00 from Alamo. and cancelled the Economy from Thrifty for $204 :rotfl2:

Just an FYI to those (like me) who noticed the removal of the Florida fee from their Alamo rentals earlier this week.....another thread is reporting that its back on the reservations. So expect that your price has, sadly, returned to normal.

I think my cost was the lowest last week, it was almost $100 more this week then my lowest find. But I haven't given up hope for a last minute find.

Bleh...
Our is October rate has done Nuttin' but go up for the last few weeks. Bleh-bleh-bleh.

Hi GGBB!

Bleh...
Our is October rate has done Nuttin' but go up for the last few weeks. Bleh-bleh-bleh.

Hi GGBB!

:wave2: Hi ya buckeev!!

We are in the same boat. Checked rates again this morning and surprise, surprise....they're up again.

Normally at this point, I'm wondering "how low will it go?". Can't say those are my thoughts these days!! :rolleyes2

We're exactly 50 days out from arrival. C'mon, Alamo and Dollar!! Let's get those rates on a downward trend!

Yup! Up another $4 dollars this morning! :mad:
We'll be there a day or two before y'all arrive! Still trying to finalize commitments with the college kids though. I'm gonna wring their necks if they back out...(the ONLY reason I picked the Columbus day period is because of their fall breaks, and now they're waffling on me about even going!) :badpc:

Yup! Up another $4 dollars this morning! :mad:
We'll be there a day or two before y'all arrive! Still trying to finalize commitments with the college kids though. I'm gonna wring their necks if they back out...(the ONLY reason I picked the Columbus day period is because of their fall breaks, and now they're waffling on me about even going!) :badpc:

You should add your dates to the October Uni thread:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/oc...going-and-maybe-want-to-meet-up-with.3421999/

We're looking at a Margaritaville and mini golf Dismeet on the 13th....would that work with your dates?

I accidentally left off a coupon code KISS for thrifty and my price dropped from $15.99 a day to $14.99 a day. That was $8 more dollars saved. It was $16 dollars less then the ressie I had. I still am hoping for a SUV instead of the full size. I won't have to rent an ECV for my husband he can take his.

I got a full size car for 9 nights for 329. Is that good? Sounds like you guys are much better. mine is alamo as well.......logged in as an insider and used 30.00 off code. Anything else i can add to it?

I got a full size car for 9 nights for 329. Is that good? Sounds like you guys are much better. mine is alamo as well.......logged in as an insider and used 30.00 off code. Anything else i can add to it?

Try coupon code AF5365ODH and contract code 7014926 and see if that gets you any better

Our rental is from 10/30 thru 11/11 with a full size car.
We originally booked it on 7/1 for $274.17.
It currently comes in at $477.22.

The prices are going to have to REALLY drop to find any savings for us.

We currently have an 8-day rental with Alamo for $161 including taxes and fees (standard/full size). That's in USD, so we will pay about $215 Canadian using current exchange rates.

Prices for our dates have increased dramatically in recent weeks. The first drop we have seen in ages happened today via the RBC Rewards site (the travel section open to customers of the Royal Bank who hold an RBC Rewards Visa). With all other companies showing rates of $400+ for our dates/car size, Budget is coming up at $218 Canadian (so, very much the same price as I have with Alamo currently).

We have $100 in travel rewards that we could use to bring our out-of-pocket cost down to right around $120. Its tempting. But we've only rented from Budget once, and it wasn't a good experience. Oh, decisions, decisions!

My October rate went up today. It's been the same since I booked it. It went wrong direction!

I am seriously considering a car service at this point. We are staying at SOG so I can use SOG and Disney transportation to get around the world. If I jump in a cab 5 times during my stay I will still come out over $100 ahead!

My rate just dropped slightly...

Pick up at MCO on Oct 23, drop off at MIA on Oct 28
Costco Code 7016427
Visa Code AD2338fdf
$207.83

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter