October 2015 Car Rental Watch

Okay question, we have to have a mini van as their are 6 of us. We originally were driving but got a great deal on air fare. DH wants a mini van for the whole time we are there Oct. 31 to Nov. 11. What are the best codes for a Mini van?

TIA
Jennifer

Doesn't look like any Last-Minute, Miracle, Hail-Mary discounts will be popping up for this trip. Aw well, on a scale of 1-1-, I'm satisfied with my rental rate at a 9.
GGBB, you ready?! :drive:

Right behind ya in rental Buckeev. Better make sure there's a good one left for me! LOL

Yep, checked in online for the rate I got in June. It's the best I have seen since then. Oh well.

For Bear74, look in this thread for the company codes and coupons. If you stay over a Saturday, then coupon will work. Mini vans seem to be much higher prices than what others thought they should be. Good luck. Remember, find a price you can live with, then keep looking. Most seem to get the best price with Dollar and Alamo.

I have been faithfully checking rates a couple of times a day, and like the rest of you, there doesn't seem to be any last minute, deeply-discounted rates on my horizon. We officially cancelled our Budget full size ($133) and went with Alamo for the additional $9. DH is super happy so its $9 very well spent. I will do Alamo's online check-in within the next few days so hopefully it will be smooooooth sailing at the airport.

We leave Friday for Buffalo, and fly out first thing Saturday morning.

You guys have been great company over the last many months. A big thank you to everyone who so kindly shared codes and coupons and alerted us to rate drops. I wish you all the most awesome of vacations, and safe travels too! :goodvibes

11 day rental starting 10/29
Had an Intermediate with Enterprise for $408 with tax included. I just got a Full-Size from Alamo for $316 with tax included.

I got the rates through Costco Travel.

Awesome Davper. Did you use a coupon code too? If you have a visa, and are renting over a week-end, use the 30 dollar off code in this thread to pair with the Costco discount.

Awesome Davper. Did you use a coupon code too? If you have a visa, and are renting over a week-end, use the 30 dollar off code in this thread to pair with the Costco discount.

I found the Visa code but could not figure out how to apply it through the CostcoTravel site. I went through the Alamo site and it said I was saving the additional $30 but the price was no different. Yes I used the Costco contract #.

I found the Visa code but could not figure out how to apply it through the CostcoTravel site. I went through the Alamo site and it said I was saving the additional $30 but the price was no different. Yes I used the Costco contract #.

Oh that's odd. I've used the coupon code on Costco's site, but I tend to just use the Alamo site with Costco's code and any coupon code I find.

Keep checking. But at least you have a price you can live with.

I hope you come back and let us know how it went doing the online check in Gina!

I will absolutely try to remember :thumbsup2 .

We leave tomorrow morning for Buffalo, and fly out first thing Saturday. I will try to pop onto the boards Saturday night and give you a summary of our pick up experience. If I don't remember (vacation brain can sometimes set in :rolleyes1) send me a PM and jog my memory.

Our trip is in 2 weeks. Thanks to all for helping out with the codes. I'll still be checking in till the last minute. Gina have a safe, smooth trip. Enjoy. :mickeybar

Just did my online check-in with Alamo. Love that we can head straight to the garage and skip both the counter and the kiosk! :drive:

I did this just last month for our September trip. Worked perfectly. I was using the passholder code and the coupon AD2338fdf. It was easy, though we were 3 hours late picking up because of our flight out of DC was late.

We leave in 2 weeks from today and my rate has only gone up since booking months ago. I seldom ever get a good rate in October. I do still check daily, but already accepted the high price I currently have.

Just picked up my car yesterday from Alamo. Rented a standard, went straight to the garage. They had a few minivans in the compact aisle, as we could use the extra room, got one of those at no extra cost. Pretty nice, very loaded too.

Just picked up my car yesterday from Alamo. Rented a standard, went straight to the garage. They had a few minivans in the compact aisle, as we could use the extra room, got one of those at no extra cost. Pretty nice, very loaded too.

So, you can choose any car from any category below what you reserved? I reserved a midsize, so I could also choose from compact?

So, you can choose any car from any category below what you reserved? I reserved a midsize, so I could also choose from compact?

That's what I was told, but I did ask before I took one. There's no guarantee something "better" will be available, but sometimes you get lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter