**October 2016 Check-in!**

Well I spoke too soon about an Oct trip. Wasn't able to line up childcare so had to move our trip to the first weekend in Nov, hotels rates are crazy high if not sold out. Found a DoubleTree a couple miles away though for a decent price.

P

You can always upgrade when your there if there's something you want to do in the other park. Another thing is when one park closes a lot of people like to park hop to the other park as they just aren't ready to go home yet so, do keep this in mind as well and have a great trip!

I didn't know you could upgrade once you were already there. That's good to know! I'm still thinking we'll get hoppers up front because I think we'll try to get fast passes in both parks at once. Last trip we were there we didn't get to go on the big Cars ride because it was so busy and then it got flooded out! I'm going to make sure we get the chance this trip!

I didn't know you could upgrade once you were already there. That's good to know! I'm still thinking we'll get hoppers up front because I think we'll try to get fast passes in both parks at once. Last trip we were there we didn't get to go on the big Cars ride because it was so busy and then it got flooded out! I'm going to make sure we get the chance this trip!
Oh you MUST ride RSR it's really fun. Have fun!:o

Does anyone know if there is anything explicitly Halloween-y that happens in the parks or DTD on the 31st, besides the Halloween Party? We are going to be in the parks Oct. 31 - Nov. 3 and I was hoping there might be some sort of trick-or-treating occurring in the hotels and/or DTD. I know our 4 year old will be thrilled just to be in the parks for Halloween, just checking to see if there might be somewhere she could say "trick or treat" 2 or 3 times without paying an extra $95/person x 5 for our group.

Anyone been looking at the park hours for the week of Oct 16-22? I find it fascinating that the non-party days hours are so different than the week before, especially considering there are a lot of school breaks. Tuesday hours are list as 8-11 on the 11th, but 9-10 on the 18th and Thursday hours 8-11 on the 13th and 9-9 on the 20th (our first day in the parks). Not upset, just find it interesting that there is that much of a difference.

Anyone been looking at the park hours for the week of Oct 16-22? I find it fascinating that the non-party days hours are so different than the week before, especially considering there are a lot of school breaks. Tuesday hours are list as 8-11 on the 11th, but 9-10 on the 18th and Thursday hours 8-11 on the 13th and 9-9 on the 20th (our first day in the parks). Not upset, just find it interesting that there is that much of a difference.

yes!! I am there 18th-22nd, and I had gotten so excited when I saw the week before. In fact, I used it to soften the blow when I told our group about splash being down. I did tell them it was a possibility that it would change....but I don't even want to tell them. They were prepared for shorter hours from the beginning, and then I had to open my big mouth lol. It is very interesting...and a little sad! So many bad news updates since we booked in april that I've had to give them because I'm the planner and the DISer...I hope they don't feel like its my fault. We are going at this time because it's my birthday, and they wouldn't be going this time of year otherwise.

Does anyone know if there is anything explicitly Halloween-y that happens in the parks or DTD on the 31st, besides the Halloween Party? We are going to be in the parks Oct. 31 - Nov. 3 and I was hoping there might be some sort of trick-or-treating occurring in the hotels and/or DTD. I know our 4 year old will be thrilled just to be in the parks for Halloween, just checking to see if there might be somewhere she could say "trick or treat" 2 or 3 times without paying an extra $95/person x 5 for our group.

We have gone on Halloween day several times and there is nothing extra going on, not even at the Halloween party

I keep thinking that I've posted on this thread, but I haven't yet! We are going October 9th-15th. I see some people have similar/overlapping dates to us!

Lots of stress/things to get done before the vacation, but once it gets here, it will be amazing and much-needed!

I am going with a dear friend I've known for 35 years who hasn't been to DLR for over a decade! I have had so much fun planning this trip!! Her flight stops at my airport so we arrive in Santa Ana together and we'll be staying at the Anabella (most likely) for 4 nights starting October 13 and will be in the parks Friday to Monday. We have tickets for WOC dessert on the 14th and ADRs for Saturday night at the BB. She leaves on Monday and my 23 yo dd (who is moving to LA at the beginning of October) will join me on Monday for MHP. I'm going as Cruella and she will be a dalmatian.

I have a seminar on Tuesday and Wednesday in Anaheim and I'll go back over on Tuesday at for the evening. I was hoping dd could go back with me, but we need a one day ph and that is too much money for only being in the parks from 4:30 to 10 p.m. I wish I could get twilight tickets, but they aren't available. It will still be absolutely magical.

Count us in!
My mom, DD, and myself; plus a friend of DD's, maybe.
Disney days -
10/14 DCA
10/15-16 Disneyland
Staying at Motel 6.
Super excited, we haven't visited DLR during Halloween time since 10/12.

yes!! I am there 18th-22nd, and I had gotten so excited when I saw the week before. In fact, I used it to soften the blow when I told our group about splash being down. I did tell them it was a possibility that it would change....but I don't even want to tell them. They were prepared for shorter hours from the beginning, and then I had to open my big mouth lol. It is very interesting...and a little sad! So many bad news updates since we booked in april that I've had to give them because I'm the planner and the DISer...I hope they don't feel like its my fault. We are going at this time because it's my birthday, and they wouldn't be going this time of year otherwise.

To me that equals less crowded. I rather take shorter park hours and the possibility of less crowds. We are going to be in park Oct 11-14 and I'm scared that we may have hit peak crowd levels. I think touring plans must be way off judging from the hotel and party sell outs. :guilty: they are claiming 4-6 but I bet its more like 8-9.

To me that equals less crowded. I rather take shorter park hours and the possibility of less crowds. We are going to be in park Oct 11-14 and I'm scared that we may have hit peak crowd levels. I think touring plans must be way off judging from the hotel and party sell outs. :guilty: they are claiming 4-6 but I bet its more like 8-9.
I'm excited about this too, actually. Well, the potential for lower crowds:rolleyes: We're doing the 18th-19th and no party...at first I was really bummed to miss most nighttime stuff, but being realistic, my crew will be ready to crash out by the end of the day and I canNOT imagine our family of 7 w/ a stroller in that parade/firework/parade madness I have seen in my past trips. There is simply no room (at least what I'd consider "enough space without spending 4 hrs waiting").
Anyone know *about* what time we can see the lights come on in Cars land, and hear the music? I 100% want to do that, is it just at dusk or a certain actual time? :car:

Anyone know *about* what time we can see the lights come on in Cars land, and hear the music? I 100% want to do that, is it just at dusk or a certain actual time? :car:

I believe I've been hearing it's usually within 5 minutes of the "sunset" time on most weather apps.... But you'll want to get there a bit earlier to ensure a spot/bench to watch it. I'm going at the same time as you are, and excited to see this for my first time!

Two weeks and a day to go. Itineraries are printed, clothes are packed. WOC dinner reservation is set. trading pins are bought and I've got the families list of must dos in my pocket
What did I miss and what am I going to do now we are ready? :)

Last minute (for me anyway) trip! Yay :-)
We usually travel Oct and May since we work in a very seasonal place - there is no one here then. But this year we went in May & August (family thing, had to be in Aug). This is making the off season incredibly long and boring (over 2 months!). So when I saw DD has 5 days off in Oct I knew it was a sign. DH still works that week so I said I would take DD, he was not happy since he wanted to go too. So we pushed it back a week and now all of us are going :love1:

Oct 22nd-27th
Best Western Stovall's (first time on the "other side" since I could not find anything on Harbor)

Frontier is having a sale (I think it ends today) for $44 one way - even paying for 1 bag (we pack light), and picking our seats (gosh I hate all those extra fees) it comes out to $60 per person. DH and I have (had I guess) miles on SW so we come back on SW for just the $5.60 fees. DD's ticket was paid with gift cards from my reward sites. This does (pretty much) drain my savings for our May trip but I have all winter to make it up! We found a good deal on a car (DH likes to have it to eat off property) from Dollar.
Was looking into the party but we have done it twice already (in 2011 and 2015) and it was nice but not a "must do" this trip - although the Headless Horseman was tempting!

So I found out we were going day before yesterday and already have the hotel, car, and flights booked. Just need to get our tickets (I will be getting an AP for the first time!!!!!), and figure out if we want any ADRs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter