• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

** OCTOBER 2017 DISNEYLAND CHECK-IN **

We will be at springhill suites main gate oct1-4 and dlh from 4-9 :) won't be at the parks the whole time but we are aps so we will be there most days during the slow times :)

So how quickly do MHP tickets usually sell out? The day they go on sale or a few weeks or???
I've gone to MHP the past couple years and in my experience it's closer to a few weeks, or even longer. It depends on the date. Popular dates like Halloween night and Fridays sell out first, whereas one or two of the least popular dates might still have tickets available right up until the week of the party. If you need a specific date, I would purchase tickets sooner rather than later just to be safe, but you don't need to rush and buy tickets the day they go on sale. I think I've seen a list of when tickets sold out for each party date in years past somewhere on the board (I think it's in last year's Halloween superthread, but I'm not positive).

I've gone to MHP the past couple years and in my experience it's closer to a few weeks, or even longer. It depends on the date. Popular dates like Halloween night and Fridays sell out first, whereas one or two of the least popular dates might still have tickets available right up until the week of the party. If you need a specific date, I would purchase tickets sooner rather than later just to be safe, but you don't need to rush and buy tickets the day they go on sale. I think I've seen a list of when tickets sold out for each party date in years past somewhere on the board (I think it's in last year's Halloween superthread, but I'm not positive).
Thank you so much for the info!!

Thanks for this info. Tentatively planning a trip in October and this is really helpful.

October 17-21 at PPH. Had a 1BR at the GCal in the midst of booking at 8am last Friday, system booted me out, and in the 15 seconds it took me to get back into the system, all the 1BR were gone. Sooooo, PPH on points. Meh. Not too disappointed. First trip to DL since 2008.

Just booked, October 29 to November 2. Darling Daughter going as Cinderella and I'm going as Fairy Godmother. Fingers crossed we can get the tickets for the Halloween Party on the 31st, waiting not very patiently for the tickets to go on sale!
Would love to stay at a resort hotel but too dear for our Canadian dollar, will stay across the street at the Desert Inn & Suites.
So excited!

:welcome:

Just booked, October 29 to November 2. Darling Daughter going as Cinderella and I'm going as Fairy Godmother. Fingers crossed we can get the tickets for the Halloween Party on the 31st, waiting not very patiently for the tickets to go on sale!
Would love to stay at a resort hotel but too dear for our Canadian dollar, will stay across the street at the Desert Inn & Suites.
So excited!

Keeping an eye out on rates for the resort hotels hoping that fall specials will be available later as yes, the dollar exchange rate is cringe-worthy!

Had our first visit last October and hope to return this October, most likely 3-5!

My husband and I will be there Oct 4-6. I've booked a room at the Best Western Pavilions, on the backside of Disneyland. Even though i've been to DL/DCA more times than i can count, i've never been during the Halloween season so i'm pretty excited! I'm also planning on buying tickets for MHP, for hopefully the 4th, if they have one that night. We're AP holders so that should help with trying to get MHP tickets early.

The new CHOC Walk date is Sunday, August 27th, so we'll be moving our trip to the last weekend in August! (Heads up for CHOC Walkers out there -- this is a big change!)

Changed my dates to October 21-27, and bought our airline tickets, so we'll be flying in on a busy Saturday. And I said "we" because my daughter is coming after all (yippee!). Was able to add another night for not too much more - less than the price difference between flying in on Saturday vs Sunday. I probably should have waited to see if the Sunday ticket prices went down, but I get worried they'll go up and I just want it done and set!

Plan to get five day park hoppers to use Sunday-Thursday.

The big question I'm debating is what to do on Saturday - do we go for MHP on that Saturday we get in (which would then allow us in late afternoon, leaving the five day park hopper for the other days); or do we do it later in the week (assuming that they offer a mid-week MHP as they have in the past). Are the mid-week MHPs less crowded than the weekend ones? If so, that might be a big reason to wait until later in the week. If we don't do MHP that Saturday, then we'll hit downtown Disney, maybe Trader Sam's.

Next question is what to do on the busy Sunday - I know there are schools out around then, and it's a weekend, so I'm expecting big crowds. I'm thinking this may be the day to do things we can't later in the week - like see Mickey's Magical Map, Beauty, Tangled; maybe do a lunch/WOC or F! package (if F! is up). I'm sure we'll grab a few fast passes throughout the day (Haunted Mansion at very least), so we'll do a few rides. I also have never done the Redwood Creek Challenge, which I hear is usually not so busy; and depending on what the preview is, maybe do that. Since we'll have another four days which will hopefully be less crowded, I don't think it makes sense to stand in long lines for rides, but it does make sense to do things that we can't do Monday-Thursday or things we may not usually do because we're going from ride to ride. Any other suggestions? My daughter is 20, so no hanging out at CC bar :-)

Yes, I do over plan and overthink these things!

Coming down for a quick trip Oct 14-17 for my daughter's birthday. Staying at BWPPI. Hoping for a Halloween party too!

:welcome: JanJan and Jana ...

casagray ... my preference would be a weekday for MHP ... never been but I assume that the crowds would be less - hopefully. Also learned something new today when you mentioned the Redwood Creek Challenge :)

Hoping to go October 23-26 with mom and (grownup) little sister. We are planning to stay at the Candy Cane Inn and hit the Monday Halloween Party.

Most of the halloween parties sell out, and they don't publish how many tickets are sold per party, but it's reasonable to assume it's the same number for each day. That can probably be debated. But I figure a weekday party would be better even if the same number of tickets are sold because locals are more likely to go home early on school/work night or even end up skipping the party because they're tired or working late.

Our school district is joining the trend of having a short fall break, so of course my first thought was that we can finally get to Disneyland to see the Halloween decorations! We haven't been at Halloween time in 10 years! I've been tentatively planning the trip for a couple of months now but it didn't feel altogether real until I purchased our airline tickets. I actually just finished a trip last week when I helped chaperone my middle school daughter's band trip and I have another trip coming up in June that is just with my younger daughter, but I'm really excited for my October trip since it will be the first time in a couple of years our entire family will be there together: DH, DD14, DD11 and myself. We will be flying down 10/5 and going to the parks 10/6-10/8 and flying back the evening of 10/8. We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel. Depending on dates and location, we will probably do a Halloween party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter