October 2018 Park Hours?

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
Anyone know when October hours should be up?
Looks like we’re currently up to about September 9th...

Anyone know when October hours should be up?
Looks like we’re currently up to about September 9th...

For awhile now, Disney has been in a pattern of adding park hours to the calendars on the website on a rolling 180-day basis. You can see them posted through 9/9 since that's 180 days from today. Tomorrow 9/10 will post, etc.

You can 'see' 10 days beyond 180 days if you do this on the website:
  • Hover over "My Disney Experience"
  • Click "My Itinerary"
  • Click "Add Plans" --> Click "Add Parks & Places"
  • Change the date at the top
Obviously all park hours that far in advance are subject to change, especially with Disney’s trend of not updating them until much closer to the month in question lately.

Personally, I use last years hours as a framework for what I think this year 'could' look like if I'm looking at something well in advance.

Hope that helps!

Its a 180 day rolling calendar.
3rd parties sites may have october hours but they are not official. Although Disney's hours aren't really even official until about 3-6 weeks out.

• Click "My Itinerary"
Obviously all park hours that far in advance are subject to change, especially with Disney’s trend of not updating them until much closer to the month in question lately.

This is helpful, thanks. Interesting they’re now on a rolling 180 day calendar, but not the most helpful when I’d like an idea about park hours before making ADRs at 180+10...

...because for some reason the ‘Add Parks & Places’ option is greyed out for me. It’s the one thing from the list I can’t select! :confused:

This is helpful, thanks. Interesting they’re now on a rolling 180 day calendar, but not the most helpful when I’d like an idea about park hours before making ADRs at 180+10...

...because for some reason the ‘Add Parks & Places’ option is greyed out for me. It’s the one thing from the list I can’t select! :confused:
Because you have to have an active reservation that puts you within the time frame you’re searching for. If you have an active reservation that’s more than 180 days out it won’t work (at least that’s my understanding)

Because you have to have an active reservation that puts you within the time frame you’re searching for. If you have an active reservation that’s more than 180 days out it won’t work (at least that’s my understanding)
Ah okay, maybe that’s why...
Still would be nice to have a least a day or 2 to get aligned rather than seeing the hours right as you’re making your ressies...

I am SO antsy for October hours! I've been stalking Kenny the Pirate's site all week since he seems to usually release his crowd calendars about 6.5 months in advance.

I am SO antsy for October hours! I've been stalking Kenny the Pirate's site all week since he seems to usually release his crowd calendars about 6.5 months in advance.

He says they should come out mid March. I’m irked (I mean that jokingly) that it’s the 16th and they aren’t out.

He says they should come out mid March. I’m irked (I mean that jokingly) that it’s the 16th and they aren’t out.

I know! Mid-March = March 15 to me, ha! I was really hoping to see something yesterday. I'm assuming the conflicting reports of predicted MNSSHP dates are the holdup. Wish Disney would make an announcement!

For awhile now, Disney has been in a pattern of adding park hours to the calendars on the website on a rolling 180-day basis. You can see them posted through 9/9 since that's 180 days from today. Tomorrow 9/10 will post, etc.

• Click "My Itinerary"

Personally, I use last years hours as a framework for what I think this year 'could' look like if I'm looking at something well in advance.

Hope that helps!
Hey @GADisneyDad14 - this trick doesn't seem to work anymore. Do we have a new trick or if you're booking ADRs 180+10 do you just have to do it in the dark now?

Hey @GADisneyDad14 - this trick doesn't seem to work anymore. Do we have a new trick or if you're booking ADRs 180+10 do you just have to do it in the dark now?

No, since Disney updated the layout of the website a few months ago, it doesn’t work.

Places like Touring Plans and Kenny the Pirate publish park calendars that go past 180, with presumably educated guesses and/or sources, so those resources may be useful.

Sorry!

No, since Disney updated the layout of the website a few months ago, it doesn’t work.

Places like Touring Plans and Kenny the Pirate publish park calendars that go past 180, with presumably educated guesses and/or sources, so those resources may be useful.

Sorry!
Thanks - that is a bummer for sure! The hours themselves mean little to our plan but knowing the EMH helps us plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter