October 2021 hotel rooms

Rammble

Earning My Ears
Hi... first time poster in these forums but long-time visitor to Universal Studios Orlando.

My family and I are trying to book a trip for October 2021 but absolutely none of the top-tier hotels (Hard Rock, Portofino Bay, Royal Pacific) appear to have any availability that month no matter what dates I search on.

I realize October is Halloween Horror Nights, but I've never seen this issue before. Are the hotels booking at less capacity or is this just a post-COVID mad travel rush?

Does anyone have any insight? Thanks.

What dates are you looking at? I just checked Fri-Sun for every weekend and see open rooms every weekend (with HRH booked some weekends). HRH is a very popular event and I'm sure those that missed it last year because of Covid are really looking forward to it this year.

What dates are you looking at? I just checked Fri-Sun for every weekend and see open rooms every weekend (with HRH booked some weekends). HRH is a very popular event and I'm sure those that missed it last year because of Covid are really looking forward to it this year.

I'm looking at a five-night stay from Thursday to Tuesday and cannot get a room at any of the top-tier hotels. I originally tried looking at October 7 to 12 but then looked at other 5-night weekends and same issue.

In all my years of visiting Universal, I've never not been able to get one of the three preferred hotels. So something is definitely up.

If the park is indeed that fully-booked, then I'd definitely stay away anyway.

Combination of HHN, pent up travel demand, fall breaks/Columbus Day, that really sweet 15 month AP that was sold last summer.

I do see Thursday-Tuesday availability every other weekend, though HRH isn’t available every weekend.

Combination of HHN, pent up travel demand, fall breaks/Columbus Day, that really sweet 15 month AP that was sold last summer.

I do see Thursday-Tuesday availability every other weekend, though HRH isn’t available every weekend.

Thanks. I figured it was likely pent-up travel demand. I definitely don't like to visit the parks when they're that busy.

We will see changes in hotel availability over the next few months
Hhn starts early September this year

Many book a year out and some cancel their hotel reservations weeks before the planned trip

Keep watching for hotel rooms and you might see more cancellations occur in august

Yeah - I still have not been able to get a week at one of the 3 EP hotels for September or October - I know some people book multiple hotels and then those start to free up as peoples plans firm up - also I hope that they will start adding availably as they open up more - but who knows

Basically I check once or twice a day as it can change at any time.

I assume that once the hotels start to hire more staff,
we will see more rooms available

I have no idea of what % of the rooms will be available for booking
On a different website saw 50% of hotel rooms was their cut off point

Lots of rumors but no public release on Loews yet

Still 3 months out and a lot of things can change bookings.

be patient little grasshopper...

I assume that once the hotels start to hire more staff,
we will see more rooms available

I have no idea of what % of the rooms will be available for booking
On a different website saw 50% of hotel rooms was their cut off point

Lots of rumors but no public release on Loews yet

Still 3 months out and a lot of things can change bookings.

be patient little grasshopper...

LOL thanks. I did speak to someone at the front desk at Hard Rock but they wouldn't confirm whether rooms were blocked off due to COVID and/or capacity issues. I guess I'll just keep checking and hope for the best. Family has been fully vaccinated so we're itching to go back to Universal! (Our April 2020 trip was sadly cancelled due to the pandemic.)

Yeah - I still have not been able to get a week at one of the 3 EP hotels for September or October - I know some people book multiple hotels and then those start to free up as peoples plans firm up - also I hope that they will start adding availably as they open up more - but who knows

Basically I check once or twice a day as it can change at any time.
Pm me your dates and hotel you need and I’ll pm
You when I see openings for what you want

I’m having the same issue. Fall Break is Oct 7-11. Nope. None of the deluxe hotels are showing available when I try Oct 7-11, Oct 6-11, Oct 7-10, Oct 6-10.

Columbus day is Monday oct 11

Many crowds in the park prior to that date and days after

It usually is a packed park then

Keep checking the UO booking site for availability

There will be the usual cancellations months prior to that time period

You are facing the HHN event and school fall break time
period

Hotel rates stay high due for that time period

I’m having the same issue. Fall Break is Oct 7-11. Nope. None of the deluxe hotels are showing available when I try Oct 7-11, Oct 6-11, Oct 7-10, Oct 6-10.
Wow, I was just trying to see if there were any cheaper rooms than our already-booked RPR for Oct 7-11. Nothing at HRH, only the presidential suite at RPR. I guess I'm glad we have a room at least.

Wow, I was just trying to see if there were any cheaper rooms than our already-booked RPR for Oct 7-11. Nothing at HRH, only the presidential suite at RPR. I guess I'm glad we have a room at least.
Hard Rock always books up first. It is the smallest and most popular of the deluxe resorts

I keep checking our dates (10/20-10/24), hoping to switch to HRH from RPR. Port of imo is available, but at nearly double the price from when we booked way back in February. I’m so glad we at least booked that package as our backup plan for our fall vacation.

I am looking for HHR in Sept. Either Sept 22-26 or the 15-19th. HHR and Royal Pacific show no rooms. I keep checking.

Right now we have a Cabana Bay room booked, because I do not want to miss this year! HHR is our favorite, but I will take a Family Suite at Cabana Bay if that is what I can get!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter