October 2023 Magic Westbound Panama Canal

Megan1669

Earning My Ears
Couldn't find a thread, so I'm making one! LOL I'm so stinking excited. This will be our first Disney Cruise. We're currently booked for a navigator verandah for me, hubby, and our son who will be 14 at time of sailing. Just messaged our TA to ask about adding my grandma who will be 90 next year. She's already talking about what to pack. She said she now has "don't die yet" goals! Hahahaha!

Some questions from a first timer...

1) are there card keys or bracelets for staterooms?
2) Is the only "special" event the pirate day? Any chance after dry dock that there will be marvel, Star Wars, or Pixar?
3) Is the rainforest spa thing really worth it?
4) Can an adult get some pixy dust in BBB?

See you all next October! :)

-Megan

1) key cards
2) can't help on this one
3) it really depends on your preferences. Some love it. Others not so much.
4) Don't know.

Suggestion:
Book Palo brunch the day you actually transit the canal. Great views while you eat.

I just wanted to suggest that if you are going to add your grandma, you will need to move to a bigger room (or perhaps she is getting her own room?) A Navigators verandah only sleeps 3. Not sure if you were aware of that or not, just wanted to give you a heads up :)

I just wanted to suggest that if you are going to add your grandma, you will need to move to a bigger room (or perhaps she is getting her own room?) A Navigators verandah only sleeps 3. Not sure if you were aware of that or not, just wanted to give you a heads up :)
That's what I thought too, but then when I looked up my stateroom (6638) on Disney it says sleeps 3 or 4? Maybe that meant children? I let me TA know that we're open to upgrading or splitting into 2 rooms. Still waiting on a response, so we'll see what she comes up with. Thank you! :)

That's what I thought too, but then when I looked up my stateroom (6638) on Disney it says sleeps 3 or 4? Maybe that meant children? I let me TA know that we're open to upgrading or splitting into 2 rooms. Still waiting on a response, so we'll see what she comes up with. Thank you! :)
That's a regular Veranda not Navigator's. It has a queen, sleeper sofa and upper bunk,

That's a regular Veranda not Navigator's. It has a queen, sleeper sofa and upper bunk,
Whhaaatttt??!!! My TA specifically said this was the navigator verandah. She said if I wanted the open plexiglass verandah that I would need to updgrade? So weird. Well...I guess that makes it easier to add Grandma. Sweet!

Looks like I misspoke... It is Navigator sorry for the confusion. We had friends in 6538 not 6638 on the Wonder. The wife just corrected me.

Couldn't find a thread, so I'm making one! LOL I'm so stinking excited. This will be our first Disney Cruise. We're currently booked for a navigator verandah for me, hubby, and our son who will be 14 at time of sailing. Just messaged our TA to ask about adding my grandma who will be 90 next year. She's already talking about what to pack. She said she now has "don't die yet" goals! Hahahaha!

Some questions from a first timer...

1) are there card keys or bracelets for staterooms?
2) Is the only "special" event the pirate day? Any chance after dry dock that there will be marvel, Star Wars, or Pixar?
3) Is the rainforest spa thing really worth it?
4) Can an adult get some pixy dust in BBB?

See you all next October! :)

-Megan
We are joining you! This will be our third PC cruise. On both of the others, there was a Pixar party with lots of Pixar characters. There will also be formal and semi-formal nights. You can dress up as much as you want, but you do not have to. We will be cruising with DS who will be 20 😳 and DD who will be 13. We are excited to have a do over of the last PC cruise which was the infamous last Disney ship cruising in March 2020. So looking forward to it!

We are joining you! This will be our third PC cruise. On both of the others, there was a Pixar party with lots of Pixar characters. There will also be formal and semi-formal nights. You can dress up as much as you want, but you do not have to. We will be cruising with DS who will be 20 😳 and DD who will be 13. We are excited to have a do over of the last PC cruise which was the infamous last Disney ship cruising in March 2020. So looking forward to it!
Oh nice!!! Even if it's just the pirate, that's fine just curious because it such a long cruise. I've been reading EVERY SINGLE REVIEW AND BLOG. I'm counting months, days, minutes. Seriously I was tearing up just booking the darn thing, so you will be able to find me pretty easy on the cruise....I will be the snot face, mascara streaked, ugly crying happy tears chick with the embarrassed husband and son trying to rein me in. Say hi when you see me! haha.

I’m booked on this cruise. They’ve done a frozen night on the Panama sailings before in addition to pirates night.

Congratulations and Wow! A long cruise for your first time.

As for room capacity, they list max possibility for cabin categories. You can see each cabin as you select one to book. Since you used a TA, you wouldn’t have seen that info. (And wouldn’t have needed it with your original plans.). Your booked cabin won’t have the pull-down berth.

Speaking of the berth, if you all sail in the same cabin, will your kid fit on an upper berth? There’s a weight limit (225 or 250 lb) - but also a challenge for taller people.

I’ve done that cruise - it’s a rather relaxing vacation.

Is the only "special" event the pirate day? Any chance after dry dock that there will be marvel, Star Wars, or Pixar?

There will be many special experiences, but not a Star Wars or Marvel day at sea.

Scott's blog has navigators from past PC cruises so that you can get a sense of what they did - https://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/
This were primarily on the Wonder, so chose that ship and then scroll down to the PC cruises.

Congratulations and Wow! A long cruise for your first time.

As for room capacity, they list max possibility for cabin categories. You can see each cabin as you select one to book. Since you used a TA, you wouldn’t have seen that info. (And wouldn’t have needed it with your original plans.). Your booked cabin won’t have the pull-down berth.

Speaking of the berth, if you all sail in the same cabin, will your kid fit on an upper berth? There’s a weight limit (225 or 250 lb) - but also a challenge for taller people.

I’ve done that cruise - it’s a rather relaxing vacation.
I was wondering about the upper bed being too small. He’s super skinny but tall. He’s 13 now, 5’ 9” and 120 lbs. Weight won’t be an issue in a year, but he’s can shoot up a few inches. Do you think a potentially six foot tall kid would be too cramped?

We will also be on this cruise! I'm about 6', and I have gotten on the bunks just for fun in the past. If I was trying to get under the covers and sleep, I might find it a little cramped. I'm also not 13-14; they tend to be less annoyed by such things. I'd explore options for him and sleeping. If you split to two rooms, maybe he could sleep on the sofa with grandma. He might hate that, or it might be a good idea. Just remember it's a long cruise, so that will play into how he feels about being squeezed into a small bed.

We have done EB and are looking forward to WB next year. We'll look for the lady with the smeared makeup and tears.

It’s possible the single convertible sofa may prove to be more limiting, due to the sofa arms. My 5’7” sister found them to be constraining, especially if you sleep fully straight. The upper berth does not seem to have anything blocking either end.

DC972521-2095-4C0C-BEF4-1E9BE6B3A4FD.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter