October 25, 2008 Halloween on the High Seas (2)

My suitcases are still out with cruise stuff in them. Wonder if they'd get in the way until my next scheduled :rolleyes1 cruise - 661 days from now? Or if another cruise will intervene?

I am putting bets on my suitcases still being packed 661 days from now when I throw them on plane headed for Barcelona... :lmao:

Wishing everyone (in the US and out ~ we can all celebrate being thankful) a:

Happy Thanksgiving!​

Good morning Jackie & Jenn - 25 days since our cruise; they say it takes about one week for the thread to pan out. We'll eventually have to move over to the WB TA thread and start mixing it up there. :surfweb:

Don't worry Lynne, I still have one large suitcase sitting on the floor in my scrapbook room with lots of goodies in it. I'm thinking it needs another cruise before 2010 as well. 4 night or another 7 night????? I have never been on the Wonder so just wondering...........

I was going thru pics last night and deleting bad ones. Found our BINGO group pics and enjoyed them. Now, once I learn how to post pictures (waiting on some boy tech help here) I will post.

Wishing everyone a very blessed Thankgiving Day with family and friends.

Sandra and Tony

thanksgiving.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving

Have a great day
so whats the plans for today ?
1.gif

Watched a documentary last night on the Pilgrims. Funny that it is not really an "American" story, since they were English. I've got a bunch of English in my family tree, along with Scottish and somewhere a Dutch man to give us our last name.

I had forgotten (if I ever knew) that the first "Thanksgiving" celebration was typical of an English harvest festival.

Our family - my parents, my sister and her three younger girls (the cruisers) and I had noon lunch at my parents' house (where I live with them). My sister lives around the corner and down the street (about two blocks). My oldest niece is in college about a 10-hour drive away, so she didn't come home for the weekend. My brother and SIL live in Boston, Massachusetts, and they do the holiday with her (deceased) mother's older brother and sister in Rhode Island. That's our entire family. We had turkey, cornbread dressing, gravy, green beans, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, rolls and chocolate pie. Pretty routine for us (and probably for many families). After the tryptophan in the turkey, it was time for a nap.

We aren't big "American" football fans, so I am waiting until tomorrow (Saturday) to watch my college alma mater, Auburn University, in the annual cross-state game with the University of Alabama. They dub it the "Iron Bowl," because it used to be played in Birmingham (Alabama), which was a big steel-producing city when I was younger. Now the game alternates between the two cities in which the universities are located. This year it will be in Tuscaloosa, home of the Roll Tide of the U of Alabama. They are both state (public) universities, each with an enrollment of about 24,000 students (undergrad and graduate). I got my first bachelor's degree in political science from Auburn. I got a bachelor's degree in nursing from the University of Alabama in Huntsville (my home town) - so I am a graduate of both school systems.

Hey all, we have about a month before the halloweenonthehighseas.net domain expires... aka chat room poof. If anyone wants to take it over let me know. its about 10 bucks a month to host the chatroom with dreamhost (maybe cheaper with godaddy) and about 10 bucks a year for the name.

Hey all, we have about a month before the halloweenonthehighseas.net domain expires... aka chat room poof. If anyone wants to take it over let me know. its about 10 bucks a month to host the chatroom with dreamhost (maybe cheaper with godaddy) and about 10 bucks a year for the name.

Arlene,
Thank you so much for all you did to get chat put together and running. We think it helped us to get to know the group better, and make stronger bonds before the sailing.

s&c

Arlene,
Thank you so much for all you did to get chat put together and running. We think it helped us to get to know the group better, and make stronger bonds before the sailing.

s&c

Agreed. And it's nice to see you will be on the WB Transatlantic.

Lynne

ACK! :scared1: Well, that's just a cold dose of reality biting us in the butt......no more chat site.....wow. The cruise REALLY is over. Welcome back to the real world. Can't say I like the real world. Cruise world is so much better.

LOL! I was just looking at my Shutters pictures and realized that one of them has the WRONG date on it! Geez, never noticed that til now! How funny!!! It shows us on a two week cruise October 18 to November 1, 2008! Wouldn't that have been nice!!!!

I would just like to say a big Thanks for keeping the cruise chat going so long foe all of us :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
it was great chatting
Think we need one big final chat night before it goes off line
what do you think

Think we need one big final chat night before it goes off line
what do you think

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Absolutely.

And.. a BIG Thank you to Arlene for setting up that site and keeping it going for us for so long!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

We're up for that!

Mom and Dad are in the process of deciding which of the 2 greyhounds they've been offered they'll adopt. This has led to minimal updates to our TR. I got one up last night, before they called to report on their Keystone home visit.

We're up for that!

Mom and Dad are in the process of deciding which of the 2 greyhounds they've been offered they'll adopt. This has led to minimal updates to our TR. I got one up last night, before they called to report on their Keystone home visit.

That must be a tough decision.

I think they should adopt both! :thumbsup2 ;)

I think they're leaning towards the one who had the ligament tear in his left rear leg. Nothing confirmed yet. They'd planned to call that dog's foster family to learn more about him after Mom got home from work. Should be talking about now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter