• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October APH rates

macraven

Proud Redhead
Just a heads up that October AP hotel rates are up.

They are not as good as years past.
Very little difference from the SMSM rate I booked with for my dates compared to the present APH rates.

Sadly, it looks like Hard Rock and Royal pacific aren't getting any AP rates for July this year. Bummer.

Sadly, it looks like Hard Rock and Royal pacific aren't getting any AP rates for July this year. Bummer.

are the AAA or SMSM rates available for July?

i booked nov 3, 2013 for this coming october with the smsm rate.
the released ap rates for october only saves me $20 total.

guessing that not many deals in october due to hhn.

are the AAA or SMSM rates available for July?

i booked nov 3, 2013 for this coming october with the smsm rate.
the released ap rates for october only saves me $20 total.

guessing that not many deals in october due to hhn.

SMSM is available for July. Not a bad rate by any means. $262 for RPR, but we have 2 rooms, so was hoping for slightly better rate. But it's peak season, so no surprise. But given I paid more than $100 less per night last month, it would have been nice.

We can actually get a slightly better rate at PBH where AP rates ARE available. That's the only hotel we haven't stayed at. I'd like to, just to try it out and because the rooms are so much bigger. But with kids, it's nice to have laundry machines so close, and PBH has no machines. Won't want to walk to Hard Rock to do laundry.

I just checked online to see if AP rates were up for Oct and I still got the SMSM rate . Is it only when you call ?

babesboo99 said:
I just checked online to see if AP rates were up for Oct and I still got the SMSM rate . Is it only when you call ?

If you plug in APH to the promotional offer code, it will bring up AP rates.

I just called to have the APH applied to my Royal Pacific reservation - it saved about 21.00 per night (over the SMSM) - Total of $84.00 saved. I am happy with that, but I thought it would be more!

I did put APH in I will try again or call. Do I call Universal or the hotel?

I just got off the phone and the lady told me they only released APH rates till the 24th and since I arrive on the 25th I won't be able to get them until they release after the 24th so I guess I will keep looking.

I am staying eight nights at the end of September/beginning of October and the APH rate was a lot higher for me than the SMSM rate, especially club level. Club level was $500 more for the whole stay.

I just called to have the APH applied to my Royal Pacific reservation - it saved about 21.00 per night (over the SMSM) - Total of $84.00 saved. I am happy with that, but I thought it would be more!

Me too, I called this morning. $84 is great and keep my Platinum upgrade.:goodvibes

My dates.. 10/27 - 11/2 aren't available just yet.

However, when I go to book eligible dates to see the total cost, I get this message.

We're sorry
Rooms are not available at any of the hotels at Universal Orlando for your requested dates

You may begin your search again using new dates or call us at 1-888-464-3617 if you wish to speak directly with a reservationist. We look forward to seeing you at our destination soon.

Is it best to call them?

The rooms available at the AP rate are going fast. I just changed our booking for 10/18-10/21 from SMSM rate to AP but had to switch to a water view room (from std) as there were no std rooms available at the AP rate.

Still saved $70 on each room (2 rooms booked) so happy with that :thumbsup2

I just got off the phone and the lady told me they only released APH rates till the 24th and since I arrive on the 25th I won't be able to get them until they release after the 24th so I guess I will keep looking.

Definitely makes sense. If we keep our October plans, we'll need that time, too. I'm used to the site telling me that there are no AP rates for that time, but here are the others, but instead it just showed me the non-AP rates. Weird. I figured they hadn't yet released them. Glad to get confirmation!

that's correct bumbershoot, ap rates for oct 24th not released yet.
the TM i spoke with said it would be very soon when they are.

call quickly and modify your rate for the ap room rate when they are released.
i know people are booking now for october for the hhn event.

I was all set on going with HRH but after looking at AP rates for RPR I've changed my mind. Not sure why but the discounts there are relatively huge in comparison to the savings found at HRH. $50/night so a standard king room is coming out to 189/night (219/night SMSM). King suite is 280/night (330/night SMSM). Now my debate is which of those to select....

I was all set on going with HRH but after looking at AP rates for RPR I've changed my mind. Not sure why but the discounts there are relatively huge in comparison to the savings found at HRH. $50/night so a standard king room is coming out to 189/night (219/night SMSM). King suite is 280/night (330/night SMSM). Now my debate is which of those to select....

if you have 3 or less in your group, king suite would work fine.

if you have 3 or less in your group, king suite would work fine.

Just 2. Really trying to decide if paying the extra $100/nt is worth it to be honest. We can afford it but having never been to Universal I'm not sure how much we will even be in the room. I went ahead and booked the standard king room to hold the rate but may change later (assuming the option is still there).

if you are not going to be in the room very much, save that additional $100.
go with the lower priced room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter