October crew checking in

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are booked Sept 30 - Oct 8th at Bay Lake Tower. DH, I, and our 6 year old boy. We did have the free dining plan offer from our cancelled April trip (we picked the very last travel day we could - lol) For now our account still shows that FDP offer, and not a 35% discount, but I expect that to change soon. Everything else on our account is dropped. I do hope things are getting close to normal by then, so we are still wait and see. Aug 30 will be when our final payment is due - so I will have till then to decide if we are going or not! :thumbsup2

I don’t think October crew really knows because second wave could start anytime in the fall.

All of that. I'm still planning on our trip for Oct 12-20 at AKL, but it depends mostly on the whole park reservation system. I've already sort of warned my kiddo that we may have to push it off even further (we were supposed to go over her birthday in March)... she's pretty okay with it. She says she's happy to wear a mask, but if she doesn't get to meet some princesses I'm not sure she will really want to go.

We planned a trip in October about two weeks ago and made all of the dining reservations (we using the DDP) and it all worked out perfect for our schedule. Well, they cancelled them all of course and really put a damper on the trip. But we're still going most likely. I will not go if we have to wear a mask all day. I'd just rather not walk around all day with one on but I understand why they require them. I will just opt out till they change the rule. We are staying in Port Orleans. First time for that resort.

October 20-25th at POP. 3 park days and 1 day universal. Big Disneyland fans checking out Disney world. Actually cancelled our big long whole family southern California trip planned for October to move to a shorted adults only Orlando trip due to COVID. We will go unless the parks or closed or some legal restriction prevents it. Planning the trip with an understanding of the restrictions, but a little hopeful some will be eased.

We're booked Oct 23-27 in a Studio at the Poly. All of our dining reservations were cancelled but we're two adults and visit a few times a year so if we have to wing it for one trip, so be it. As long as NJ and FL say we're allowed to travel, we plan on going.

We have a DVC Riviera trip Oct 24-29. We are planning on it probably being a resort trip, at least a change of scenery from our house. It’ll be a different trip and we are embracing that. Our biggest uncertainty Right now is if we will feel safe enough to fly.

October 17 thru October 24 at Caribbean Beach. Hoping MNSSHP is still on when we are there - have tickets for October 20.

AKL Oct 9-13, quick trip. Will tag on hotel stay to hit Lego, and I'm Jones-ing for HHN at UO.

Fingers crossed.

Copper Creek Oct 2-10. We have tickets for MNSSHP and hope it still happens in some form. I have my fingers, toes and anything else I can think of crossed that Food and Wine still happens. We've never been before and have been really looking forward to it.

We’re booked for October 9-19. I know it’s not gonna be a “normal” trip but a bad day at Disney is better than a good day anyplace else!! Just gonna go with the flow and enjoy our trip!!

Just finalize our October trip. It all began by cancelling our cruise and deciding to spend time in Orlando anyway.
Doing 6 days at Wyndham Bonnet Creek/5 days at Bay Lake Tower/4 days at Beach Club.

Standing by for park entrance info (we are AP and DVC), dining reservations and Fast Passes. It's all so new.

Saratoga Springs 10/16-10/27. MNSSHP 10/18. Fingers crossed for water parks reopening by then.

Last edited:
We have a 20th wedding anniversary trip planned with my sister and her husband, as we were both married 20 years in this not so great year of 2020. Our original dates are for a 2BR at OKW starting Saturday, October 17th to Saturday, October 24th, but my sis and I decided we needed a little girl time, so we booked an SSR studio arriving on Wednesday, October 14th. The guys will fly in Friday night, the 16th, and the four of us will be squished in the studio for the night until moving over to OKW the next day. Fingers crossed that the F&W will still be taking place!

I'm looking at booking a short solo trip for October once resort reservations open back up. Airfare is down (hope it's still low when reservations at WDW reopen) and I've got an AP and some extra money and PTO from smaller local-ish trips I had to cancel this year, so I'm inclined to make the best of it. I was originally looking at August but there's too much going on in my life between now and September. It'd be nice if the Halloween party still went on and those ticket sales opened back up, but I'm not setting my heart on it. I did verify party dates against the days of the week I'm planning to go (still haven't picked a week) so I know what's generally available if they do hold the party.

Thought about submitting a DVC rental inquiry since it sounds like DVC bookings are up and running, but I don't want to lock in the money--I'd rather wait to be able to book a regular resort and be protected by Disney's cancellation policies up to 30 days before the trip. Thinking Pop Century.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter