October crew checking in

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are booked to go Oct 4-10. Staying Port Orleans Riverside because we have a fifth person. Our original package involved DDP with 6 day of PH tickets. I am still hoping we can make it. We can skip the characters, parades, and fireworks. My thought is that Disney will come up with something to still make the trip magically!

We are booked for our 30th anniversary October 17 through 25. We are doing a split stay, BLT and AKL. We have MNSSHP tickets for October 20 and have 7 day park tickets. I had all these plans for this vacation that went out the window! Hopefully we can make the best of it. At least its a vacation!

We've been doing October F&W every year since 2005. I just love WDW in October! I'm kinda bummed about the prospects for this year but booked 10-9-10/17 at BWV

We are booked at BLT for OCT 17-24. Unfortunately 3 of the 5 didn't buy tix before the shut down so not sure if we want to go hang out in a hotel with no park admissions. I guess we can go the Travel insurance route if Disney decides not to sell anymore tix for 2020 room only reservation. Kind of disappointing but, not much we can do about it now.

We planned a trip in October about two weeks ago and made all of the dining reservations (we using the DDP) and it all worked out perfect for our schedule. Well, they cancelled them all of course and really put a damper on the trip. But we're still going most likely. I will not go if we have to wear a mask all day. I'd just rather not walk around all day with one on but I understand why they require them. I will just opt out till they change the rule. We are staying in Port Orleans. First time for that resort.
Port Orleans is a great resort and has great pools for the kids.

I am so nervous about picking park days tomorrow..
I guess cause i know im stuck with them on those days.. no changing later.
Originally we planned Friday fo NSSHP and now thats gone so hopefully I choose right..
Also hoping that its not like FP and gone in in 10.9 seconds.

I am so nervous about picking park days tomorrow..
I guess cause i know im stuck with them on those days.. no changing later.
Originally we planned Friday fo NSSHP and now thats gone so hopefully I choose right..
Also hoping that its not like FP and gone in in 10.9 seconds.
What time does all the fun happen tomorrow? 7am EST correct?

I'm just wondering how many minutes after 7 will it crash?
I'm hoping that those of us with resort stays and tickets shouldn't have much trouble getting the park days we want if we reserve in the first 2 days. As more groups are able to reserve, I expect it may be more difficult.

I'm just wondering how many minutes after 7 will it crash?
I'm hoping that those of us with resort stays and tickets shouldn't have much trouble getting the park days we want if we reserve in the first 2 days. As more groups are able to reserve, I expect it may be more difficult.
unnamed.jpg

Was able to get my park rez for my trip. Think with MNSSHP being cancelled they will be more lax on costumes for adults on Halloween itself? Had a damn good one planned that won't be as relevant the longer it is since the movie its from :(

I've given up for an hour or so as the system is shocking. To be honest, I've got a feeling I won't have any luck tomorrow either. Saying the parks aren't available for my day when I know I have tickets (and a resort stay) ready for this Oct

Oct 24-Nov 8 at Caribbean Beach (re-booked from April).
We had planned on MNSSHP (now not happening), food and wine (modified experience) and MVMCP (status unknown yet).
As more details unfold and the experience continues to go downhill (fast), we're just about ready to cancel again and re-book spring 2021.
Thank goodness that all these reservations and changes have not cost us any penalties/fees...other than the toll it's taking on our sanity ;)

I've given up for an hour or so as the system is shocking. To be honest, I've got a feeling I won't have any luck tomorrow either. Saying the parks aren't available for my day when I know I have tickets (and a resort stay) ready for this Oct

Don’t give up! There is still lots of availability! I couldn’t get on from any of my work devices (phone, computer, pad) but DH got on with no problem from home. It’s just a matter of Disney IT getting it together. I’d take a break and try back this evening or tomorrow

Oct 24-Nov 8 at Caribbean Beach (re-booked from April).
We had planned on MNSSHP (now not happening), food and wine (modified experience) and MVMCP (status unknown yet).
As more details unfold and the experience continues goes downhill (fast), we're just about ready to cancel again and re-book spring 2020.
Thank goodness that all these reservations and changes have not cost us any penalties/fees...other than the toll it's taking on our sanity ;)

My sister cancelled and rescheduled. It’s their big firsts trip so no point in going if there aren’t any firsts to be had.

I finally got online this morning and was able to get park reservations for 1 of our 2 stays. No luck for the other one yet.

Fingers crossed for our rescheduled April trip Oct 14-21...got our park reservations, hoping to add a day to two of our nine travelers. All dependent upon what things look like once they reopen and uptick in Covid in FL...UGH!

Don’t give up! There is still lots of availability! I couldn’t get on from any of my work devices (phone, computer, pad) but DH got on with no problem from home. It’s just a matter of Disney IT getting it together. I’d take a break and try back this evening or tomorrow
Thank you, I'll probably try in the morning as it'll be the middle of the night in the US so may be a bit quieter, especially if IT fix the issue x

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter