October crew checking in

Status
Not open for further replies.
My partner & I are booked for 10/18-10/25 at ASMu with 6-Day Parkhoppers (purchased from UT). Luckily I was able to make our park reservations this morning and were able to get the parks we wanted each day; however, we are still very much on the fence about the trip.

We had MNSSHP tickets (also purchased from UT) but we weren't at all surprised by that cancellation and it's not a deal-breaker for us. I'm going to call tomorrow or Wednesday to get our reservations modified to an open resort (Pop or AoA hopefully), but the potential deal-breakers are the lack of nighttime shows/fireworks and EMH (which I could forgive if the parks stayed open just a bit later and/or parkhopping was reintroduced). Waiting to see some speculations/announcements on when certain experiences could potentially be reintroduced before making a final decision.

Luckily, this isn't a once-in-a-lifetime trip for us, but we don't get to go down every year, so we want to make sure we're getting a solid Disney experience for the money. If we end up cancelling our October trip, we will reschedule for early February 2021.

Last edited:
We are still planning our October trip. This was a short trip that was focused all on rides,, mostly roller coasters, so missing the fireworks, characters, and parades aren't a deal breaker. My family isn't a fan of HEA but are hoping Fantasmic! can come back. Also, the parades would be nice but we can deal.

We have an 8 day trip planned for late October into November! Too bad we can't do the shows :(

PLEASE READ IF YOU'VE ONLY BEEN ABLE TO BOOK ONE OR TWO DAYS ONLY - I've just read on a Facebook page that someone who had only been able to book 1 day before the rest said the parks are unavailable, cancelled that reservation so that nothing was booked then tried again working from the last day of the trip to the first and it worked.
I had nothing to lose as I'd only booked 1 day out of my 14 for this Oct so tried it ... AND IT ONLY WORKED!!!
Absolutely your decision if you want to try this but I promise that I've just been able to book all my days - I'm so happy, I could cry from all the stress I've endured this afternoon haha xxx

Hey, just checking in with my October folks.

Have a Oct 26-30 Res at All Stars. It was supposed to be 1 MNSSHP and 2 park days. Party was can cancelled and i was able to book 2 park days with our 2 day ticket. It only took 2 hours, but it went through.

So now i wait to see if i'll be able to add a park day and if i can move my reservation to an open resort.

I booked 10 days of park reservations around 2pm today for my late October/early November trip. I only have a 9 day ticket right now (MNSSHP was supposed to be my 10th day). My hopes is that park hopper will return at some point and maybe we get character greetings back at some point. We are still on the fence on going or rescheduling. It will be my 4 and 6 year old's first trip, but we are new DVC members so we will be going back every other year, so maybe we will just go even without those things (fireworks, parades, and character interaction) and my daughters can experience them in 2022. Quite a conundrum indeed.

I’m going on a ladies’ long weekend trip October 1-4 (we were supposed to go the last weekend in May). Our original plan was to do a day at DHS, a day at Epcot, and MNSSHP for a MK “day” one of those evenings. With the cancellation of all the MNSSHPs, we‘re just doing Epcot and MK. After about 3 hours of swearing at the pink castle and orbiting on multiple devices, one of us finally got into the system this morning and we were able to get the park days we wanted. With the current rate of things in Florida, I suspect this trip might be canceled, too, but we’re keeping fingers crossed and full-on planning like it will happen.

10/11-10/16 AoA
Bummed MNSSHP was cancelled. Bummed that Amorette's isn't currently scheduling any decorating experiences. But still excited to go! And less people means less people to accidentally hit with my lightsaber when I turn into a little kid living out my Star Wars dream!

We just edited our October DVC trip from 5 nights at Riviera to 3 there and 2 nights in Vero. We figured if we can’t get into the parks, resort only would be fine for that amount of time, and then we can pop over for some ocean time.

PLEASE READ IF YOU'VE ONLY BEEN ABLE TO BOOK ONE OR TWO DAYS ONLY - I've just read on a Facebook page that someone who had only been able to book 1 day before the rest said the parks are unavailable, cancelled that reservation so that nothing was booked then tried again working from the last day of the trip to the first and it worked.
I had nothing to lose as I'd only booked 1 day out of my 14 for this Oct so tried it ... AND IT ONLY WORKED!!!
Absolutely your decision if you want to try this but I promise that I've just been able to book all my days - I'm so happy, I could cry from all the stress I've endured this afternoon haha xxx

Similar to this, I found my park reservation problem was Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets. Once I reserved a park for my former MNSSHP party day, I could no longer make any other reservations and it would show the unavailable parks message. To fix this, I had to cancel my park reservation for that day, make reservations for all the other days of my trip, and make the former MNSSHP day reservation last. It worked!

Hope this helps someone else! I spent all day frustrated trying to figure out what was wrong!

Got up at 4am this morning (PST) and booked our park reservations just in case... we're still 95% cancelling the trip but I figure at the rate things are going we may catch it before October anyway... o_O If we do (and survive) then we'd go, otherwise I'm basically playing chicken with the airline and the hotel is nonrefundable since we rented DVC anyway. Now I can sit back, relax, and just see what happens hopefully...

Similar to this, I found my park reservation problem was Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets. Once I reserved a park for my former MNSSHP party day, I could no longer make any other reservations and it would show the unavailable parks message. To fix this, I had to cancel my park reservation for that day, make reservations for all the other days of my trip, and make the former MNSSHP day reservation last. It worked!

Hope this helps someone else! I spent all day frustrated trying to figure out what was wrong!
Aaaah that's really interesting as my party day was Tue 2nd which is the one I reserved first. Hmm ... Very interesting. Thank you for making me aware 😊

Got all the park reservations we wanted for our 10/25-11/2 trip. I somehow lucked out - got right in around 1:30pm after only a minute or two of trying. Then went on around 7:30pm and changed a few, again with no problem. We are already booked at Pop so don't even have a resort change we have to make. Still on the fence about whether we'll make the trip though. Still debating whether we want to deal with wearing masks in the heat and whether the shortened park hours will be worthwhile. I'll be interested to see how crowds and wait times are, especially with the shortened park hours, when the parks re-open in a couple of weeks. That will make the determination for me.

I think we're going to postpone to next year as much as I hate to do it. I'm worried about having to quarantine after the trip. My sister is worried about flying. Driving is not an option for us. I'm sad but Disney will still be there next year. Haven't 100% made the decision but definitely leaning that way.

We are still leaning toward going. Our dates are Oct 4-10. We originally reserved POR but yesterday I switched us to CBR. Our flights were very cheap. only around 55,000 SW points for 4 passengers + use of companion pass for our 5 person. This is a steal! I am interested is what the wait times will be like. I will watching for reviews of those going in July for sure! We may look around the area and see what else is available. I am totally cool with wearing the masks, extra handwashing, and sanitizing. My biggest worry is the park will close back down :(.

My sister and I are booked at Pop Oct 24-29. We were originally scheduled for a Flower & Garden trip in May, but obviously that was canceled, so we rescheduled for October and luckily got our room booked the day before they stopped taking resort reservations. We always go in October for Eat to the Beat (to see Hanson, specifically :love:), so we were super happy our APs got extended through October (original expiration date was end of Aug), but now that Eat to the Beat is cancelled, that’s a huge bummer. We’re still keeping our APs and are going to try to make the best of this trip anyway! Luckily we got all of our park reservations yesterday!

i thought i saw one post that said if you had reservation only that on june 24 you could modify it to a package? i rented out dvc points for a trip last week in october for halloween party :( but still desperately want to go and will definitely upgrade to get tickets. I had attempted to purchase them through a 3rd party seller the same day they stopped selling them. I am desperately praying they will allow us to upgrade finge
rs crossed

I think we're postponing until next year. We were supposed to go April 2020 and rebooked the first week of October at All Star Movies. There's just too much uncertainty at this point, especially coming from Canada and what's going to happen with the border in the coming months. So we're probably going to try and book for April or May 2021. I'm super bummed, but our province lifted travel restrictions to other provinces west of us, but then I got a memo from work stating if I traveled I would still have to isolate for 14 days.

Huge bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter