October Crowds, outside of HHN?

Raya

DIS Veteran
We're toying with the idea of an October trip. We had reservations for late Sept, then canceled out of fear for hurricanes. October seems to be a great spot for weather without holiday crowds. With that in mind does HHN create a bad crowd situation during the day? Our plan would be a Sunday to Thursday trip, hoping to avoid weekend crowds as well. We would not be attending HHN, as jump scares would be a huge problem for us and I can't see a way to avoid them. Any thoughts?

When in Oct makes a big difference. I have found the week of Halloween to have low(er) crowd levels. And cooler weather for the most part.
That's great to know! I would have thought with all the HHN hype that Halloween week was the most crowded of all.

We're toying with the idea of an October trip. We had reservations for late Sept, then canceled out of fear for hurricanes. October seems to be a great spot for weather without holiday crowds. With that in mind does HHN create a bad crowd situation during the day? Our plan would be a Sunday to Thursday trip, hoping to avoid weekend crowds as well. We would not be attending HHN, as jump scares would be a huge problem for us and I can't see a way to avoid them. Any thoughts?
Hurricane season runs through the end of November, and with a warmer ocean the season is predicted to be worse than usual. I can remember at least one from early November, you can't be sure one won't hit whichever month you go.

I will be in Orlando Sept 25-Oct 1. I don't do HHN either. I don't think the day crowds are horrible in the fall, a lot of locals go to HHN I think. I just don't like that it is 5 nights a week so it it hard to get a regular evening at US. IOA will be more crowded in the evening of course. They had death eaters roaming Hogsmeade in Oct 2021, they were cool, not jump scary.

October is Fall break for most schools. We have been over Columbus Day weekend and it was very crowded. The first week or last week of October may be better crowd wise.

I'm in the same boat. We are coming down October 6-10 (doing HHN on Wednesday 10/9). Our school is typically on the early side for Fall Break in our area, and we are the week before Columbus Day weekend, so I'm hoping this will be a sweet spot crowd wise.

We've made lots of trips To Universal and Disney during Fall break, which for us, is always around Columbus Day. Last several years, it's been the week after Columbus Day, and we found it very busy. This year, fall break is early, the week before, so we'll see how that goes. Since I still can't find any AP rates, not sure if Universal is planning on it being busy that week, or just haven't released any yet...I'll keep checking.

Last edited:

I'm in the same boat. We are coming down October 6-10 (doing HHN on Wednesday 10/9). Our school is typically on the early side for Fall Break in our area, and we are the week before Columbus Day weekend, so I'm hoping this will be a sweet spot crowd wise.
Ours is that week too, which is different from prior years, and we're also tentatively planning on HHN for Wed Oct 9. I think that'll be the least crowded of the 3 options for HHN for us that week, hopefully anyway! Just need to find a good hotel rate for the night!
Hope y'all have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter