• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

october crowds

tahiti_sweetie

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the crowds are like in October in DL. We will be there the Columbus Day long weekend and I'm hoping we won't have to spend it standing in huge lines. It will be my mom's first time in Disneyland and I cannot even begin to explain to her how magical this place really is :flower2:

October at Disneyland can get crowded as Haunted Mansion Holidy reopens the first weekend of October and you are going on a holiday weekend, but if you do DCA on Sat. and DL on Fri and/or Mon. the crowds should be fairly manageable and be sure to take advantage of Fastpass.

Thanks for posting this thread. We’re going to DL in October and were curious about the crowds. We’ll be arriving on Sat 10/22 and leaving Wed 10/26.
I’m struggling with deciding which parks to visit on which days.

Here’s my tentative plan, let me know if you have any other suggestions

Sat – Arrive-relax-pool
Sun – Disneyland AM – California Adventure PM
Mon – California Adventure AM – Disneyland PM
Tue – Disneyland AM and PM

October use to be a really quiet time to go (and one of my favorite months as we are AP holders) -

It has been getting busier and busier every year - I think because more kids are on the year round school and October is a break for them (not the entire month - just parts) -

That being said, it is still a great difference from the summer months - The weather and the crowds will be much better! Have a great time!

Are the decorating Haunted Mansion this year? I thought I had read somewhere that they weren't :confused3 I hope they do though. It's my favorite Disneyland 'event'.

I had also heard that they might not be doing the Haunted Mansion thing this year. I've never seen that so I was looking forward to it.

I also read that POTC might be closed while we are there. (Oct 19-23)

I guess there's always the Mickey Halloween Party to look forward to...

I just hope it doesn't turn out to be the disaster it was my first trip to DL last August... we show up and head towards Main street.... our first DL memory was seeing the big Blue Tarped Castle... :scared1: :sad2: :faint: 'twas a very traumatic experience. Not quite what we were expecting.

It's one of my favorite times to go. The weekdays are great. I'm not to sure about the Holday weekend.

I can't believe I didn't take Columbus Day into account when planning this trip! GRRRR! Ah well, Sunday thru Thursday should still give us plenty of time to see everything and still have a lot of down time! Just wondering. . .for some reason the price of the GCH jumped on that wednesday (the 12th) anyone have a clue on why? I'm just assuming there may be a convention that night, but still, seems weird. . .

Are the Columbus Day weekend crowds really that much worse than other weekends? If so, are the as bad as Memorial or Labor Day weekend crowds?

MateasMom said:
Are the decorating Haunted Mansion this year? I thought I had read somewhere that they weren't :confused3 I hope they do though. It's my favorite Disneyland 'event'.

FYI - The HMH overlay is definitely happening. The merchandising event that used to go along with it is not. This has caused a lot of confusion.

cardaway said:
Are the Columbus Day weekend crowds really that much worse than other weekends? If so, are the as bad as Memorial or Labor Day weekend crowds?

The first two weeks of October have been getting busier and busier every year due to year round school breaks, the HM overlay, Gay Days, and the holiday!

In fact, this year with the Mickey halloween stuff going on the last two weeks of October, it looks like October will probably be a pretty busy month.

I am so glad I choose the weekend I did for our trip! It's right in between the CD weekend and the start of the halloween parties!

To answer your questions, the CD weekend will be busy, but probably not as bad as the two you mentioned!

Pretty much everything that's closed in Sept plus Hanted Mansion, Small Word doesn't normally go down until the last couple of weeks in October.

I doubt anything will be closed in September, given the celebration. Other than, of course, the Mansion for the overlay.

Buttercup26 said:
FYI - The HMH overlay is definitely happening. The merchandising event that used to go along with it is not. This has caused a lot of confusion.

LOL, Isn't the merchandising event year round now? The nightmare before Christmas seems to have it's own store in NO Square.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter