• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October half term

raph_b

<font color="red">Proud Redhead</font>
What are the crowd levels like during October half term?

We've been end of September / start of October in the past and the parks have always been nice and quiet but I'm wondering how much of a difference there is later in October when it's half term.

My experience recently is that there really is no such thing as a quiet time at the parks any more. Expect October half term to be moderately busy.

Hi

We've been October half term for the last 7 year this will be our 8th and while I have no experience of other times I would say it's okay crowd wise. We get to our park of choice early most days RD or just after and stay until lunch. It starts to get busy around 11:30am. We leave the park for lunch then go to another park later in the day. Rarely do we wait longer than 20 mins with the exception of the hard to get rides 7DMT, Sorin, TT and TSMM etc. we get FP+ for these.

Ask if you need more info.

Regards

Paul

Not bad.........I can only compare to the summer holidays, Easter and Christmas. You have the Food and Wine festival and MNSSHP ongoing so it will always be busy but compared to the 'big' holidays the wait times are less.

Very manageable we love October (will be our 7th half term in a row this year)

Most days crowds are 5/10 or less busy. There are fluctuations, well worth using touringplans or similar to pick the park with lightest crowds.

Avoid Epcot at weekend. MK gets busy on none MNSSHP dates (US visitors without hopping avoid MNSSHP dates) If you can do a MK day when it is early closing then just do one evening for wishes/parade.

We have visited seven times in October, once in August and once in February (to give you an idea of my comparison dates). We have found that EPCOT crowds are far heavier in October half-term than August or February. The other parks aren't too bad depending on how Halloween/New Jersey week fit in with our October half-term. Halloween seems to have an impact on both the day itself and the weekend closest to it. New Jersey week has only hit our half-term visits twice so I think it must generally be towards the end of October or beginning of November. The crowds in New Jersey week not only increase but we have found it to be the only time of year where people push and shove in front of queues on buses and in front of children at parades :( Cast members and friends tell us this is common at New Jersey week :o If we could have two weeks in October it would still be my favourite time of the year to visit WDW. We have had hot temperatures some years comparable to August but without the rain

Thanks for all the responses guys :)

It sounds like mid October is nothing to worry about crowd wise although I really hope our half term doesn't crossover with New Jersey week!

Jersey week is first full week of November usually. Showing as 6th-13th November this year. Later than our half term.

We've only overlapped once and only noticed it was a bit busier and lots of same accents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter