October or November?

blessednrse

Earning My Ears
What month is best to go to DW, Oct. or Nov? Is it still warm enough to swim? Which week is best during those two month?

Here is a site that will rank the best weeks to go based on weather, crowds, etc. If you would like to go during Food and Wine or go for MNSSHP Nov. is ruled out since both are in Oct. I am not sure if F&W goes into Nov. but, I know the Halloween doesn't. This site is awesome for lots of info!

www.**************.net

I have never been in October. But my family would always go 1st or 2nd week in nov. (Jersey week) and it was always warm enough to swim. 75-80s

I know if you go in October you can attend MNSSHP for a fee

I've been twice in Oct (third week one year, last week one year), both were great trips. Not too hot (afternoons 1-4 were the hottest parts of the day and that was still not scorching) and not a lot of rain, and manageable crowds. Tshirts and shorts and plenty of people swimming.

I'm planning another fall trip for the last week of Oct this year. It's my favorite time to go.

I have been 4 times the middle of October. Why 4 times in a row?? Well, because its my favorite time of year!! ;)

What month is best to go to DW, Oct. or Nov? Is it still warm enough to swim? Which week is best during those two month?

Oct. I used to be the best time by far. But WDW is doing a very good job at keeping the parks full year round. Still a good time though.

You can't go wrong with either time. We love November because it tends to be a bit cooler (not so humid), but still plenty warm to swim, and we LOVE the Osborne Lights and Christmas decorations. However, October has F&W Festival (went last year for the first time and LOVED it).

While we will likely return again in October vs. November, it's because of DD16's fall break which means less time pulling her out of school. If that weren't an issue, I wouldn't hesitate to return in November.

We went late September into early October two years ago. It was still very hot and humid. Not oppressive, but more than you're used to if you're not from a southern and humid area.

Last year, we went late October into November. Not humid at all. Warm during the day and cool at night. Kids got to comfortably swim and evenings were crisp enough to buy wind breakers.

Crowds were very manageable both times.

Halloween Party is an option in both time frames, Christmas is probable if you time it right. This year, we're hoping to arrive the day of the last Halloween Party and leave the day after the first Christmas Party.

I've never been in November, but the last two years we have gone that week that straddles the last week of September into October. I love it.

It's still hot and humid (two years ago especially), but the crowd levels were awesome. No real waits for things. Plus Halloween decorations, MNSSHP, f&w.

I wish we could go again at that time, but we wanted a longer trip and wanted to avoid taking the kids out for longer than a few days, so we are doing the end of May this time. I'm sad that we are missing out on the stuff we liked, but hopefully we will be having so much fun we won't miss fall too much!

Both are great times to go. October can be a little crowded with Food and Wine but as long as you skip Epcot on weekends when most locals go it isn't bad. MK has the Halloween party, not to miss the fireworks or parade.

November is less crowded until Thanksgiving. You could go to the Christmas party (endless cookies), Osborne lights and Christmas around the World in Epcot. Also all the resorts will be decorated and depending on when you go the trees will be up and the gingerbread houses will be done. The AK parade turns into the Jingle Jungle parade.

Both months are not too hot but hot enough to swim. It can get a little chilly at night but nothing a sweatshirt can't handle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter