October Pre & Trip reports

We’re at the top of the mountain in Tennessee- not sure what it’s called but it was incredibly beautiful! Now heading down.... planning to get to the georgia/Florida border today, and that will leave us just a couple hundred miles tomorrow to get to the Kissimmee KOA....
Ah, the Smokies, we love it there. If you are at the very top, it is Clingman's Dome. If you are at the spot where NC and Tenn meet, it is Cumberland Gap. If you are lucky, you may see a black bear or some elk. Safe travels.

We are here at GF. Nice. REALLY NICE!

LLittle much for my taste. When we pulled in some dude tried to carjack me. Full redneckism had taken over and I had the armbar full in place when I heard my wife yelling for me to stop.

Apparently here they unload your luggage, park your car then take you to your room. Who would've thought?

Sorry Tom! Put some ice on that shoulder.

My balcony just isn't same as TE.
View attachment 360859

Headed over to HS for today.

Did you find the TV in the bathroom mirror?

@PkbaughAR wanted to say welcome. i frequent two boards, camping and running. i am seeing you on both here. Staying at the fort for Wine and Dine?

Trip down was eventful to say the least.

We were about 4 hours later than we planned to leave. We debated and decided to drive straight through the night and not stop in hotel.

After about an hour of driving and just before crossing into Alabama I'm settling in for the long drive. All of a sudden I hear DW in passenger seat say, "I know what we forgot."

I'm thinking toothbrush, shampoo...maybe a watch.

Nope
We left garment bag. In other words, no shirts or dress pants. :headache:

Turned around and drove 1 1/2 hours back home. Got clothes and got BACK on the road.

I drove as far as Tallahassee while DW slept. By that time I'd been up 20 hours and wanted sleep, so she offered to drive. When I closed my eyes we were 20 miles west of Tallahassee. I had told DW watch for I75, but more specifically Gainesville.

I awoke 2 1/2 hours later. There was a big green sign coming up. In my awakening fog I slowly made out "Jacksonville".

Jacksonville!?

What the...she had drove right through I75 exit and kept going East. We were 15 miles west of Jacksonville and closing fast.

Oh, and it's 7am traffic. I quickly got her in direction of I95 then down to I4. Both are a disaster with traffic and construction. I'll never talk badly of I75 again.

I wish I could've seen my face when I realized where we were.

Ah, the Smokies, we love it there. If you are at the very top, it is Clingman's Dome. If you are at the spot where NC and Tenn meet, it is Cumberland Gap. If you are lucky, you may see a black bear or some elk. Safe travels.

That would be Newfound Gap tltay2005 … we were there a couple of weeks ago.

We are here at GF. Nice. REALLY NICE!

LLittle much for my taste. When we pulled in some dude tried to carjack me. Full redneckism had taken over and I had the armbar full in place when I heard my wife yelling for me to stop.

Apparently here they unload your luggage, park your car then take you to your room. Who would've thought?

Sorry Tom! Put some ice on that shoulder.

My balcony just isn't same as TE.
View attachment 360859

Headed over to HS for today.
Glad to see your reflexes haven't been disminished none, but maybe that thar Tom fellah shoulda a bit more discreeshun fore he tried gettin behind the wheel ova car what's not his. Here's hoping he done learned his lesson.
As for the balcony I think we need a judges ruling. Ordinarily displays of this activity are restricted to the TE's porch and require a Rocking Chair. I see no proof a Rocking Chair and that does not look like Settlement Outpost across the way. I will however concede that the Jesus Boots are a bold choice in footwear.

Just wait till I tell you guys about trip down here. It's a riot.
What did you do now? Can I duplicate it?

@PkbaughAR wanted to say welcome. i frequent two boards, camping and running. i am seeing you on both here. Staying at the fort for Wine and Dine?

Thanks! And yes! I grew up camping at the Fort, so it’s our favorite way to spend time at Disney! Gonna sign up for the Fort 5K on Halloween! Anyone else?

We spent most of evening at HS. New Toystory Land is neat. Slinky ride is actually better than I thought.

We got our rides out of way. I was actually in line for ToT, in the boiler room where it was dark no less, and I hear a familiar voice call my name. Looking around a bit I spotted Flametamr and his daughter. We met up afterwards and talked a bit.

Joe, thanks on the offer for use of your golf cart on Sunday when I come over to the Fort. I might just take you up on it.

I hear a familiar voice call my name. Looking around a bit I spotted Flametamr and his daughter. We met up afterwards and talked a bit.

giphy.gif

I DID feel a disturbance in the Force today....

This explains it.

Bama Ed :darth:

I drove as far as Tallahassee while DW slept. By that time I'd been up 20 hours and wanted sleep, so she offered to drive. When I closed my eyes we were 20 miles west of Tallahassee. I had told DW watch for I75, but more specifically Gainesville.

I awoke 2 1/2 hours later. There was a big green sign coming up. In my awakening fog I slowly made out "Jacksonville".

Jacksonville!?

What the...she had drove right through I75 exit and kept going East. We were 15 miles west of Jacksonville and closing fast.

Oh, and it's 7am traffic. I quickly got her in direction of I95 then down to I4. Both are a disaster with traffic and construction. I'll never talk badly of I75 again.

I wish I could've seen my face when I realized where we were.

No blond jokes from me, buddy. I'm too scared of the reaction I'll get whenever I see her next....

Bama Ed

We’re at the top of the mountain in Tennessee- not sure what it’s called but it was incredibly beautiful! Now heading down.... planning to get to the georgia/Florida border today, and that will leave us just a couple hundred miles tomorrow to get to the Kissimmee KOA....
Sounds like Monteagle Tn.

No blond jokes from me, buddy. I'm too scared of the reaction I'll get whenever I see her next....

Bama Ed
I actually got her permission before posting. I was scared too.

I would've been mad, but when I awoke to the situation the traffic was so bad I figure it was punishment enough so I kept my mouth shut except to navigate for her until we got to I4.

Bless her, at least she tried.

Sounds like Monteagle Tn.
Yes! Joe said that’s what it was!
There is so much incredible beauty down here- last night we drove past Nashville and I don’t know if I’ve ever seen anything so breathtaking. Then going thru Tennessee today- those of you that live down here are truly blessed to be surrounded by this. I know Minnesota is beautiful- land of 10,000 lakes and all- but having to fight almost 7-8 months of winter and 3 months of mosquitoes definitely dims the beautiful factor....

Right now we just ate ( gloriously pigged out might be a better description) at the Golden Corral in Macon georgia. And we’re on the road again heading south. 355 miles to go!

As for the balcony I think we need a judges ruling. Ordinarily displays of this activity are restricted to the TE's porch and require a Rocking Chair. I see no proof a Rocking Chair and that does not look like Settlement Outpost across the way. I will however concede that the Jesus Boots are a bold choice in footwear.
In @tiggerdad defense, there is no proof that he's not in a rocking chair. I say points awarded for the attempt and for working within the constraints of the unfamiliar environment.
It should also be noted that he might be able to redeem himself when he visits The Fort later in his trip.:magnify:

We’re at the top of the mountain in Tennessee- not sure what it’s called but it was incredibly beautiful!

The tops of mountains are called Summits. :tongue: (Sorry couldn't resist.)

Jacksonville!?

And this right here is why when my lovely, wonderful, caring DW says "I can drive for a while if you want me to." the answer every time is a resounding, unapologetic, & unequivocal "NO!!!" :duck:

We leave 12 or 1 AM Saturday and will be having breakfast in Celebration once the 6 hour drive is done. Ready & eager to roll.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter