October Pre & Trip reports

I’m pretty sure our four kids would love one! We’re unfortunately still sitting here waiting for our site, so I don’t know for sure our site number. What a unorganized zoo this place seems to be this morning- sad to see that. :(

Been there, so sorry. Hang tight, we have seen many empty sites, so I am sure you will have one soon.

serenitygr,

glad you were able to negotiate a site that suited your needs. That's the benefit of arriving early when it's quiet in the lobby, not busy, and the CM have just come on duty and aren't too stressed out. Your two-step strategy (1300 loop for one night then to 1400 for the rest) will get you in a great location. I use that early arrival strategy too. Thing is, though, the wait can stretch to after lunch sometimes. But it's always worth it in the long run.

terri,

a waterfront site in 1800 sounds idyllic. hope you and greg have a peaceful stay.

tiggerdad,

back in the day when I used to have to travel to New Orleans for conferences on "bidness" on expense account and the conference hotel was in the Quarter on Royal Street, I was told that you had to spend at least half a day per IRS rules on "bidness" in order to qualify the trip as "bidness" expenses. Checking the DIS on your phone and bailing out of the day's "bidness" at 1030am could raise a red flag on your tax return. You may have to stay late in session the next day to make up for it.

Carry one, everyone. Sounds like it's shaping up to be a big time.

Bama Ed

Nah, conference starts at 7:00am each morning until 12, so I'm good. Tomorrow only until 9:30.

MK fairly full today. Still better than March was. Weather is overcast, so not hot. Rode train around twice. Hit Space Mountain, Pirates. Pirates was closed when we were here in March for refurbished. They were rescripting the "winch" scene. Now, apparently, we are selling chickens...

Lame.

DW said it made no sense. They attack a town, drown the mayor, burn the houses, sleep in pigpen, get the cats intoxicated, then sell the yardbirds!? My eyes are still rolling.

Anyway, headed to Columbia Harbour House for late lunch. Got upstairs window seat to people watch.
IMAG1428.jpg

Got trio of fish, shrimp and fries.
IMAG1427.jpg

Oh, did I mention on the way in the door I ran into @Flametamr ? That's twice in two different parks without really trying.

Last edited:
I walked past Flametamr’s site earlier this afternoon...a toddler was totally into your Halloween decorations, to the point of trying to walk off with some! . His mom kept putting things back trying to corral him! It was so cute!

While walking around the Fort today I noticed that the sites in the 300 loop have “caution” stripes. I don’t think I’ve seen these on any other loop. Anyone know why the 300 loop has this?

606E5428-09D3-4C26-8240-8E755D326770.jpeg

Arrived yesterday around 5:30 and since we had our site number, we bipassed the long line for the security gate and use our magic bands to enter through the returning guest gate. Got an amazing site, 1812, right on the canal. It was so nice to site out by the canal with my coffee and watch the sun come up. We went for an early morning cart ride and saw lots of deer and a turkey. We got all the decorations up and the cart done now I am just relaxing and enjoying this perfect weather. Greg went to do a little fishing. We plan to head over to the MK later this afternoon.
View attachment 361326 View attachment 361327 View attachment 361328 View attachment 361329 View attachment 361330 View attachment 361331 View attachment 361332
Teri Have to agree 1812 is a great site We were in 1811 across the wy 4 years ago and loved it

tiggerdad,

back in the day when I used to have to travel to New Orleans for conferences on "bidness" on expense account and the conference hotel was in the Quarter on Royal Street, I was told that you had to spend at least half a day per IRS rules on "bidness" in order to qualify the trip as "bidness" expenses. Checking the DIS on your phone and bailing out of the day's "bidness" at 1030am could raise a red flag on your tax return. You may have to stay late in session the next day to make up for it.

Carry one, everyone. Sounds like it's shaping up to be a big time.

Bama Ed
Ed ole Tiggerdad should have no problems taking care of his "bidness". Looks like he is on the 1st floor and as recall the fence there is not that high he should be able to step right over it and make the Magnolia tree in the picture no sweat

No vehicles past that point. 300 is notoriously tight.

This. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Campers should try to keep their vehicles BEHIND the yellow lines so people driving through the loop (and towing that 45 footer they want to put in a Preferred site) can hopefully get past.

Yep, only in 300.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
@Flametamr we went past your site a couple times on our bikes today but didn’t see anyone out and about- saw your DIS sign tho! We’ll keep watching for you!
@tltay2005 we haven’t made it to the 1800 loop yet but hopefully in the next couple days we will!
We finally got into a site this afternoon- we’re in 1322 tonight. At some point tomorrow we’re hoping to be moved to the 1400 loop. We also have brunch at noon at Trails End, and then 3 of us are going to the Halloween party tomorrow- it’s going to be interesting to see how the timing all works out.
@tiggerdad were keeping our fingers crossed we’ll get to see you tomorrow- just let us know when you’re going to be around and we’ll let you know where we are at that time

I get out of conference about 9:30. Was actually hoping to score brunch at TE. MDE is acting dumb. It's letting me do everything except book meals. Keeps giving errors.

Got up at 5:30 AM to let the front desk know I am here. Actually got a site and I have us all set up. Modest but comfortable for my two non consecutive nights stay.
We are at 2035. Ride by if you can to see my 3 or 4 Halloween decorations. It’ll do my heart good. :tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter